Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Magazines

Loose included items19908

Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
I think I know the answer to this, but I just want to check and make sure.

I have a Marvelmania Catalog that I want to have graded. This catalog originally came with a loose-leaf order form included (placed amongst the pages), but not bound-in (i.e., not attached with a staple, etc.)

If I include the form, would it be encapsulated and noted on the CBCS label?

I think the answer is 'no'. I see in the FAQ:

Anything besides the actual comic book will be not be encapsulated and will be returned when the order is complete.

I guess my best bet is to get the catalog graded, and then just place the form in the clear outer bag.

Gentlemen, your advice please. Thanks!

Post 1 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
This…

‘I guess my best bet is to get the catalog graded, and then just place the form in the clear outer bag.’

Don’t send in the coupon, you may not get it back. 👍🙂
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Why can't you send it in to have it graded as a magazine? CBCS has the holders now. Or does the loose pages cause problems?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
A similar situation happened to me- Ren & Stimpy #1 bagged comes with a nose “fouler” scratch and sniff. I got the book back graded and a bag containing the fouler sticker.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
This is just my opinion, by if the loose page is the same size as the pages of the catalog, why couldn’t it be treated the same as a detached centerfold? I understand that CBCS doesn’t want any book to be damaged by loose 3-D glasses, cards, or other smaller-sized inserts that could move around inside the book and case, but if the unattached item is the same size, I don’t see what harm it could do.
Post 5 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
I believe your intentions (and suppositions) are correct. Don't send the page of order forms.
Post 6 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
This is just my opinion, by if the loose page is the same size as the pages of the catalog, why couldn’t it be treated the same as a detached centerfold? I understand that CBCS doesn’t want any book to be damaged by loose 3-D glasses, cards, or other smaller-sized inserts that could move around inside the book and case, but if the unattached item is the same size, I don’t see what harm it could do.

If it has over hang, which it would unless it was actually smaller than the bound pages, it would get bent from shifting inside the inner well.
Post 7 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe @SteveRicketts could verify.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Anything “loose” will not be included in encapsulation. Although a part of the comic like an insert or 3D glasses; if it is not attached it will not be included in encapsulating. I’ve asked the question officially and anything that is not attached via any form of printing (glue, staples, or otherwise) is a risk of being damaged or causing damage during encapsulation. If it’s loose it will be returned separately of the of the encapsulated book.

It’s a liability issue. Yes it could probably stay safely in side the book, but unattached could shift at some point and be damaged either during encapsulating or at some point after.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I think something loose must be originally ATTACHED in order for it to be identified as DETACHED.
Post 10 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
Quote:

I think something loose must be originally ATTACHED in order for it to be identified as DETACHED.

I don't think Ed is asking about how the loose page should be identified. You are right...something must have first been attached to be identified as detached. I think what he's asking is....if the loose but accompanying page is the exact same size as the catalogue, then what is the logic for not encapsulating the page? (The way CBCS would if we were talking about a detached centerfold). It's a fair question that I'm interested in knowing as well.
Post 11 IP   flag post
611415 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?