Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original Artwork

7 Minutes plus and you have a Batman199

Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Todd McFarlane posted this online a couple of days ago. Noting how he's able to pencil and ink at the same time, and add color to it in 7+ minutes it makes me understand why artist are moving to computers to create their drawings for books.

McFarlane draws Batman
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector JohnnyStorm private msg quote post Address this user
He makes it look way easier then it is.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector PovRow private msg quote post Address this user
Love the sound effects he makes!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Soma private msg quote post Address this user
i love drawing with pencil and paper... but digital is so much more streamlined these days... im a HEAVY eraser-er so i sketch, erase, sketch, erase... it gets really really messy... then you have to either ink it so you can scan the work, or scan it then re-ink it digitally.

Working straight digitally you can create all the sketch lines in a separate layer so you can hit a button and poof its clean. being able to go straight to ink or color without any inbetween is nice. tweaking brushes and pencil lines as you draw to get some really dynamic line work is a cinch... its just... awesome.

Dont get me wrong though nothing beats a clean penciled page by your favorite artist... but digital is absolutely awesome too.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Oldbsturgeon private msg quote post Address this user
I guess I wouldn't have thought it was so similar to actually drawing. And I can easily tell this is his art which I like
Post 5 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
I'm sure artists doing work for reproduction find digital wonderful. As a collector, I am NOT paying art prices for something that came out of an HP printer.

Given the $$to be made doing sketches at shows, I think a lot of Comic artists would be well served keeping their non digital skills sharp.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Beamer private msg quote post Address this user
I'm a traditional guy so I would say NO to digital.
Post 7 IP   flag post
600811 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?