Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
I just got two PMs within a minute of one another for two members that I can find no activity for (past messages, etc.) Has anyone else received messages like these? Or can anyone verify whether these usernames are associated with actual members?

The wording in both messages was identical except for the comic mentioned.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
looks like bots yes??
Post 2 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user

You might want to check if the email is coming from ninjapost.com which is the service that CBCS is using.
Post 3 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Who was the other message from?
Post 4 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Weren’t you on the hunt for that book @DWeeB1967?
Post 5 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad I was. Both messages were about books that I had recently posted about looking for. The other message was about Star-Spangled War Stories #90. The wording of that message was exactly like the one I included in this message except for the title and issue number of the comic.

@KatKomics Exactly what I was thinking. I've just never had this happen in all the years I've been hanging around the forum so it seemed really strange.

@SteveRicketts The messages were both PMs on the CBCS forum. The username of the "sender" was killopp09. I did not click on the email address on either of the two messages.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I find it noteworthy that the PM is from a killopp09 referencing another user named Juiopp98.....with the similar "opp" in the names, I'm thinking bots as well.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Here's what I show for the original email (the email that let me know about receiving the original PM), @jake

Post 8 IP   flag post
@GAC Agreed. I've just never had this happen before for any messages related to CBCS. But, yea, I noticed that, too, and immediately thought "bot."
Post 9 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Killopp9 is an account that was activated today. I am not finding a member named Juiopp98 or using the email Doggykyle9@gmail.com. We are looking into this.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O That's exactly why I posted this message. I figured someone might be up to some funny business and didn't want it to become a problem for anyone else.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
It's a scam......I googled the email address and non-related forums are receiving similar solicitations.

clickable text

Post 12 IP   flag post
This forum too.....

clickable text
Post 13 IP   flag post
Wow that's nuts!! Thanks, @GAC.
Post 14 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
@GAC yeah, that's what I was finding also. Killopp09 is gone.
Post 15 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Thanks everyone for making us aware of this and helping us figure it all out!!!!!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Been a while since I have gotten anything like that on the forum. Lar69B was the last one I got and that was a few years ago.

Post 17 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley Yea this was the first time for me. It absolutely smelled like a bot. But, in the however many years I've been hanging around here I've gotten no messages like these until today.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector PhilCoulson private msg quote post Address this user
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/021a8299-6b42-48b7-9562-c7db3bdbf31b
Post 19 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Not sexy at all imo.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
“DoggyKyle”…that’s pretty funny.
Post 21 IP   flag post
618083 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?