Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionMovies TelevisionPop Culture

Blue Beetle19872

I award you no points! stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user
For those that at stayed on topic…thank you. For all you other goldfish attention span having people…wow, just wow.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
@HAmistoso Shame on you for steering the conversation off of the subject.
@Jgwalters100 Shame on you for replying to the Oppenheimer observation.
@HAmistoso Shame on you for being Beyonce' into the discussion.
@EbayMafia Shame on you for posting an unrelated video.
@Jesse_O Shame on you for steering to the Barbie film. And shame on me for replying to your post.
We're just a bunch of goldfish
Post 27 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Siggy and shame on you for not mentioning the rest of us that contributed . Adding more insult to injury I see @Hamistoso got mentioned twice. I'll be crying in a corner for the foreseeable future.
Post 28 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Well if it's going to be 2 strikes for me, might as well make it 3...

Post 29 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
I like Blue Beetle very much. Just not that Blue Beetle.

Post 30 IP   flag post

I award you no points! stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAmistoso
Well if it's going to be 2 strikes for me, might as well make it 3...

I don’t know if your 1st strike was accurate. I mean you responded to Blue Beetle, then just added something else and the lemmings simply followed.
Post 31 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley_1883
the lemmings simply followed.

Great game!

Post 32 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@Siggy and shame on you for not mentioning the rest of us that contributed . Adding more insult to injury I see @Hamistoso got mentioned twice. I'll be crying in a corner for the foreseeable future.
lol I was pressed for time, and everyone knows Hamistoso is the big fish around here.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Now we're lemmings.

You too @flanders
Post 34 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Beyonce was incredible btw...

Post 35 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
For those that at stayed on topic…thank you. For all you other goldfish attention span having people…wow, just wow.

Be careful what you wish for. This is not currently a very robust forum to begin with. It's already in danger of fading away from lethargy and lack of contribution. Adding yet another rule of "stay on topic" would just drain more energy from it. Better to be lively and off-topic than lacking in conversation.
Post 36 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Conversation by committee?

Blue Beetle, the movie, is a box ticker for those types who like to make movies that tick boxes. The movie going public are so desperate for anything organic and slightly original that they've ran Barbie up the flagpole and started to salute.

Folks are tired of pre-shredded cheese. They're longing for something off the block... or have given up cheese altogether.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
It's already in danger of fading away from lethargy and lack of contribution

That and the CGC forum isn't as toxic as it used to be. The main downside, other than the fact that's it's associated with CGC, is that you can't share CBCS slabs.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

That and the CGC forum isn't as toxic as it used to be. The main downside, other than the fact that's it's associated with CGC, is that you can't share CBCS slabs.

Wasn't that long ago there was enough activity here to distract someone through a 2-hour plane flight. Now there's not enough to distract through a morning crap. It's like the goal is to choke the forum into non-existence.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

There are ways. Sure, the logo can't be seen, but pretty much everyone knows who slabbed this. I've never had an image like this questioned.

Post 40 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia how long is your morning crap? You might be Way of the Wind Dojo material...
Post 41 IP   flag post
We're older and have talked about everything... more than once.

That said, people like to talk about lack of contribution, but then don't contribute. It's like complaining that the church is low on money, but then ignoring the collection plate as it passes. Not to single out anyone in particularly.

Conversation on a chat board isn't a self starter.
Post 42 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Sometimes a thread goes off track because it already ran its course and sometimes it goes off track because it wasn't interesting enough to begin with.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

True. It wasn't so long ago when @Ebaymafia would start at least two new threads a day.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector Jgwalters100 private msg quote post Address this user
Dog days of summer. When the weather turns to shit we will be back on here.
Post 45 IP   flag post
@GAC maybe if you leak your super secret discount code in another thread it'll raise the forum morale.
Post 46 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders Done! Thanks again for the heads up!!
Post 47 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAmistoso
@EbayMafia how long is your morning crap? You might be Way of the Wind Dojo material...

you already know the answer:

Post 48 IP   flag post
Quote:

That said, people like to talk about lack of contribution, but then don't contribute. It's like complaining that the church is low on money, but then ignoring the collection plate as it passes. Not to single out anyone in particularly.

It's true, but perhaps if the boundaries of acceptable discussion were not so narrow, that would also spur contribution.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

It's true, but perhaps if the boundaries of acceptable discussion were not so narrow, that would also spur contribution.

I didn't realize not being able to talk about pressing techniques, drugs, and politics was so restrictive.
Post 50 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user

Post 51 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I didn't realize not being able to talk about pressing techniques, drugs, and politics was so restrictive.

I know, right? But I guess it restricts posting movie names, jokes, gun ownership debates, anywhere that there is disagreement about social issues. Even prognosticating about the economy and how it will affect the comic book market can get a thread locked.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Perhaps it's not the topic, but how the topic is discussed by those involved that gets the thread locked. But that couldn't be it. It has to be moderation, not the way someone conducts themselves.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Quote:
It has to be moderation

There's definitely something wrong with moderation though. How have I made it this long without even a minor suspension?
Post 54 IP   flag post
Quote:
Perhaps it's not the topic, but how the topic is discussed by those involved that gets the thread locked. But that couldn't be it. It has to be moderation, not the way someone conducts themselves.

Does it have to be an either/or answer? Could it be a combination of both?

Quote:
Quote:
It has to be moderation

There's definitely something wrong with moderation though. How have I made it this long without even a minor suspension?

You've just earned the benefit of the doubt through good behavior. It's like accident forgiveness on an insurance policy.
Post 55 IP   flag post
616230 70 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?