Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper Age

Did Harvey Comics Have a right to publish Marvel Comics in the 80s?19870

Collector Jarr131929 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi. Dumb question, but I bought a collection which included the below. It was a Harvey 2 pack of comics that they sold in the 70s and 80s but it has a Moon Knight # 1 and 2 in it. It is sealed. Can any one guide me to see where I can get more information on this as I have not seen another one like it before. Searched on google and all these sites and can't find any information. Thanks in advance for any info you can give.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome to the forum. I thhought I read something about it on the forum, but couldn't find the thread. I did find this article.

clickable text
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks
Post 3 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Jarr131929 here's something...not sure it's exactly what you're looking for.

clickable text
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thanks. I'm thinking this could just have been an error when the pack was done. Moon Knight # 1 was published in 1980, so maybe when they were doing these packs at the same publishing company they put these instead of some Harvey books.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarr131929
Thanks. I'm thinking this could just have been an error when the pack was done. Moon Knight # 1 was published in 1980, so maybe when they were doing these packs at the same publishing company they put these instead of some Harvey books.

Yes, this is likely what happened. The bags were packed by a third party who put the wrong comics in the bag. Marvel did almost buy Harvey’s properties in the 1980s, but the Harveys backed out of the deal at the very last minute. Marvel eventually rolled out the Star Comics line instead, utilizing virtually all of the Harvey staff from editor Sid Jacobson on down. To anyone interested in the long and winding history of Harvey Comics I recommend The Harvey Comics Companion by Mark Arnold. A very worthwhile read.
Post 6 IP   flag post
615424 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?