Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Modern AgeQuestions

International Customs Delay19836

Collector Kbskomics private msg quote post Address this user
My submission from the UK has been held at Customs in the Fort Worth, Texas. It was sent with Fedex and following seems to be the message:
Shipment requires importer's registration/identification number for clearance. (Examples include EIN, SSN, VAT, GST, RFC, etc.)
Does anyone know how to provide any of the above? Seems a little confusing as I am the one temporarily exporting the comic books, and Customs ask for the importer’s details. I can only assume it is down to the declared value (GSX 1, Tomb of Dracula 1, Reeves signed BRZRKR Meyers variant along with some other books)as it has never happened before wither with CBCS or CGC.

Many thanks for your help

San
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
You need to contact customer service for the company’s EIN, it seems. Or maybe they have a way to get things thru, more easily.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Kbskomics private msg quote post Address this user
I did send them an email yesterday as soon as I was aware of the situation. Presumably because of the weekend I should expect a reply early next week. I don't even know what most of those abbreviations are, only familiar with VAT.
Based on previous submissions, they include a note to customs that says that they are returning the books to their original owner, but on their way to the US I can only mark them as "temporary export" / repair and return - which I did so I don't know what the hold up is about. I did encounter delays before with customs both directions but nothing where more information was needed.
I'll keep this thread updated for future reference for other international submitters
Post 3 IP   flag post
618083 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?