Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics MagazinesQuestions

Magazine Slab Storage19833

Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
I'm looking for a good way to store my magazine slabs in a short box.

This is a regular comic-size BCW slab short box. I don't think BCW makes a magazine slab box yet. I have some magazine slabs, plus some comics slabs, in this box as you see. The magazine slabs protrude about 1/2" above the top edge of the box, so the lid does not rest flat. I would not want to stack another box on top (weight would rest on the magazine slabs, not the box walls), but OK if it is on the top of another box I guess.

Anybody got any better ideas? Thanks!

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector consumetheliving private msg quote post Address this user
Time to create a solution for this emerging market.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I picture a tie that looks like a deer wiener. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
E Gerber has graded short box’s.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
The other guys magazine slab boxes work great if you can look past the logo.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad

Hmmm...you are correct. I hope the CBCS slabs will fit (webpage references CGC slabs).

I've called around to my LCS's and they all seem carry BCW only. E Gerber sells sets of 5, too many. May be hard for me to get ahold of. Anyone got a LCS that stocks E Gerber? (California would be great, if possible.)

Graded Magazine Storage Box
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
You can always slap a cbcs logo across a cgc magazine box
Post 6 IP   flag post
I picture a tie that looks like a deer wiener. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I swear I’ve seen others before as well @MrNotSoNice. I need one as well.
Post 7 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
This is why I don't buy magazine slabs. There's no easy way to store them.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Don't be a prat. Storage isn't an issue for any of us. Guys rent lockers if they really want to, not refuse to buy a box.
Post 9 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Piss off, hoser.
Post 10 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
If you are lucky enough to find one of these second hand you are golden:

Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Piss off, hoser.

Wow! I didn’t expect this to become such a controversial topic.
Post 12 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNotSoNice
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Piss off, hoser.

Wow! I didn’t expect this to become such a controversial topic.

Are you new? Magazine storage has almost brought people to blows. 😀
Post 13 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNotSoNice
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad

Hmmm...you are correct. I hope the CBCS slabs will fit (webpage references CGC slabs).

I've called around to my LCS's and they all seem carry BCW only. E Gerber sells sets of 5, too many. May be hard for me to get ahold of. Anyone got a LCS that stocks E Gerber? (California would be great, if possible.)

Graded Magazine Storage Box
EGerber may your best bet. You may not need 5 but you will more than likely pay the same price for 1 if you find it elsewhere like any other EG product.
Post 14 IP   flag post
611411 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?