Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating / cooking part 419809

I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
You guys’ pepper hauls are way better than mine. I did pick another small haul today though. I’ll just keep saving them up and get them off the plants.

Post 101 IP   flag post
Also, if canning isn’t efficient and is a pain in the bum for you, like it is me, I have a hack.

For the past four years we have done a freezing method for canned tomatoes.

Post 102 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user

Skillet chicken pot pie
Post 103 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user

Had to share the cake my wife made for our nieces bday
Post 104 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Also, if canning isn’t efficient and is a pain in the bum for you, like it is me, I have a hack.

For the past four years we have done a freezing method for canned tomatoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbolton

Skillet chicken pot pie

Bob's your uncle!
Post 105 IP   flag post

Thank you @KatKomics, you inspired me to do something more with all the cucumbers. I give you dill relish.

Post 106 IP   flag post

Post 107 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Roast, mashed potatoes, green peas, and a roll.

Post 108 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
bbq chicken, rice and corn on the cob.

Post 109 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user

I built garden boxes around our deck this year. My daughter grew tomatoes,cucumbers, jalapenos and pimiento peppers, and herbs like cilantro. Our cauliflower and broccoli did not survive. This is my first time ever making salsa which is something that I have wanted to do for a couple years. For the salsa, I used from the garden several of the jalapenos and pimiento peppers,tomatoes and cilantro. I also added a sweet onion, lime juice,salt and pepper and a little sugar.
I think it was a success and tasted very fresh. It reminds me a little of Garden Fresh's Jack's Medium salsa.
Post 110 IP   flag post
Cherry cheesecake.

Post 111 IP   flag post

Good ol’ spam fried rice
Post 112 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Cherry cheesecake.

Post 113 IP   flag post
Sausage stuffed zucchini boats.

Post 114 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Cherry tomatoes from our garden.

Unfortunately, I had to use dried parsley, as our fresh parsley was consumed by a bunch of hungry striped caterpillars.

Post 115 IP   flag post
Im getting this baby ready for this weekend. A buy one get one free deal. We’ll have all kinds of pouches frozen.

Also, @RexMuff, I turned you down on your hot sauce offer but I’d like to offer you a trade instead. I’d trade you a pint jar of dill relish for a bottle of your smoked hot sauce?
Post 116 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad good looking pork butt, 10 pounders are the perfect size for smoking imo
Post 117 IP   flag post
I’ve had my smoker for about 9 months now and have stuck with factory pellets and no added frills. I wanted to get to understand everything and certainly didn’t want to have any feeder jams since I wasn’t familiar with the machine. Tomorrow I’ll take the leash off because I’d like to get more smoke flavor. Everything has been great but I know I can get mas smokiness.

While I was picking these no filler or binder pellets up the guy at the grill/hearth store told me to put a smoker box on top of the cover of the fire pit in the grill. I already had these and I already have a smoker box for my propane grill.

Sorry I didn’t rotate that, I didn’t notice until I composed the post.
Post 118 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
A few weeks late (cooler wet summer)
Tomatoes starting to come in....sandwiches to start and if enough later there will be salsa!!

Post 119 IP   flag post
@KatKomics, more relish tonight…..

We did a small batch of salsa as well.

Post 120 IP   flag post
Picked the last of our Georgia Rattlesnake watermelons to go with flat top grilled chicken and deviled eggs

Post 121 IP   flag post
Oh man, deviled eggs..
Post 122 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

Post 123 IP   flag post
Mas smokiness accomplished.

Post 124 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 125 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Tomato sandwich!!!
possibly a bit thick with the slice?

Post 126 IP   flag post
Another Farnhouse Chicken Cornbread casserole.

I added mushrooms, peas, and potatoes to go with the chicken and cheddar cheese in this one.

Post 127 IP   flag post
Collector steveinthecity private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Tomato sandwich!!!
possibly a bit thick with the slice?

I’m always torn between butter or mayo with sliced fresh tomato. So simple yet so tasty.
Post 128 IP   flag post
@steveinthecity Put butter on one side and mayonnaise on the other side.
Post 129 IP   flag post
Is there something wrong with my screen or do tomatoes look like onions in Canada?
Post 130 IP   flag post
619266 999 30