Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating / cooking part 419809

Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia love stovetop stuffing! They used to put a stovetop meatloaf recipe on the back of the boxes.
Post 51 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Salsa

Post 52 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 53 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
One more muffin dive. Blueberry.

Post 54 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Combo fishing/eating post:
Went out fishing on the Bay for fluke this past weekend. Fresh fluke (summer flounder) is very tasty.

Post 55 IP   flag post

Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo that looks awesome!! I fish around my area all the time, but I have only had the opportunity to ocean fish a few times,it was amazing!
Post 56 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Flounder are delicious and a bit tricky to catch also. The can spit out your hook.
Post 57 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Decided to get breakfast at a local diner
This was called the stuffed pig. Essentially a little bit of everything.

Post 58 IP   flag post
Artichoke chicken pasta with a homemade bechemal sauce.

Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user

Got some short ribs in the smoker, so I’m gonna throw todays harvest in and make some hot sauce tomorrow.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Had lunch with my daughter in Boston yesterday before she flew back to CA.

Post 61 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo

Hope you had an awesome visit
Post 62 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
First attempt at sweet relish!
have two cucumber plants throwing out more than I thought!!

Post 63 IP   flag post
You would make ganasouth proud with your canning
Post 64 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Decided to get breakfast at a local diner
This was called the stuffed pig. Essentially a little bit of everything.

Reminds me of one of my favorite breakfast burritos. There's a place in Long Beach called Starling Diner, it had been highlighted on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. The filling looked a lot like that but the really memorable thing was the sausage gravy.
Post 65 IP   flag post
This has a decent sausage gravy under the cheese. The only thing that was not delicious was the bacon. It wasn't crispy. Surprisingly, it was like 11 bux. Which I thought was really cheap given the sheer quantity. If you deconstruct the dish, I think it was more expensive than ordering the meal any other way.
Post 66 IP   flag post
I hate canning. I don’t have an operation that would keep up with cucumbers. Relish on the other hand???? I’m intrigued @KatKomics.

Edit: expect a related pm soon.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
I hate canning. I don’t have an operation that would keep up with cucumbers. Relish on the other hand???? I’m intrigued @KatKomics.

lol....yeah... normally I just make a counter top fermented pickles bit this year I decided to plant 2 plants..waaaayyy too many cucumbers!!

Hence...relish, bread and butter pickles and probably canned pickles on top of my counter fermented version!!!
Post 68 IP   flag post
Bread and Butter pickles from 2 weeks ago!!

Post 69 IP   flag post
I’d have to do dill. I can’t stand sweet/ bread n butter.

I’ve been eating a “Japanese” cuke salad for a month now. If that sounds good I’ll give you the recipe.
Post 70 IP   flag post
Quote:

We agree on something.
Post 71 IP   flag post

Fish n chips with prosciutto wrapped cherry peppers
Post 72 IP   flag post
For the life of me, I can't fry potatoes.
Post 73 IP   flag post
@KatKomics we just finished our last batch of bread n butter pickles as well, also very interested in your relish! Looks great.
Post 74 IP   flag post
@DrWatson the key for me is using peanut oil and cutting them really thin, I still burn my share of them..
Post 75 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Par cook the potatoes first, then cool them fully (fridge temp). Then fry.

This avoids burning them while also achieving a) fully cooked potatoes that aren’t dried out and b) crispy skin.
Post 76 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad intrigued on the Japanese cuke salad, we are always looking for other ways to fix cucumbers
Post 77 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:

We agree on something.

100%!!
My counter fermented pickles are always dill and garlic!!!
Post 78 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
honey garlic pork tenderloin.

Post 79 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
honey garlic pork tenderloin.

Nice! I’ll have to remember that angle.
Post 80 IP   flag post
619266 999 30