Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating / cooking part 419809

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Breakfast tacos...

Post 551 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Busy day of baking and smoking.

Post 552 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
After the great reviews, I had to make Bronte’s sloppy joes, they truly are fantastic. Didn’t have Montreal steak seasoning so I added a tbl of a local rub. I did double the recipe. Great on top of tater tots as well!

Post 553 IP   flag post
@Rbolton I know, right?

Did you use ketchup or tomato sauce?
Post 554 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson Yep! I used tomato sauce and Worcestershire.
Post 555 IP   flag post

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Rbolton

Excellent. I'm glad you enjoyed it as well.

It also goes great on kings Hawaiian rolls.

Funny thing is I myself haven't had it in a while. I'm going to have to change that.
Post 556 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Rbolton I'm a bit late this time.

Post 557 IP   flag post
@flanders lol! I knew you would come through!
Post 558 IP   flag post
The good stuff...

Post 559 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
This place just opened its first RI store - Raising Cane’s. There were crazy lines the first few days, and it was still busy this evening, a few weeks after the opening. The chicken tenders were great, the fries and special sauce were pretty good, and I could take or leave the Texas toast. All in all pretty decent, and in my opinion, better than Chick-fil-a, but nothing special enough to make me want to go there on a semi-regular basis. Anyone have this as a must go to place?

Post 560 IP   flag post
@esaravo, the closest one to me just opened 6 months ago. The guy I work with thinks it’s phenomenal. I haven’t had it yet nor really care. After all, it’s like chic fil a to me, it’s just chicken.
Post 561 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad - Exactly! And chicken tenders and fries are the ONLY thing on the menu. I was also surprised that they didn’t have a few different dipping sauces to pick from. I really can’t see myself going there more than once or twice a year, if that.
Post 562 IP   flag post
I don't think we have one in my neck of the woods, which is surprising.
Post 563 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo yes
Post 564 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
The good stuff...

which one is the best?
Post 565 IP   flag post
Raspberry is my favorite. I haven't tried the grape, elderberry, or black bear jam yet.

Black bear jam is a combination of blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries.
Post 566 IP   flag post
I used to stop here on family vacations down south. I'm not sure if it's a regional franchise or national. It's pretty good.

Post 567 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
This place just opened its first RI store - Raising Cane’s. There were crazy lines the first few days, and it was still busy this evening, a few weeks after the opening. The chicken tenders were great, the fries and special sauce were pretty good, and I could take or leave the Texas toast. All in all pretty decent, and in my opinion, better than Chick-fil-a, but nothing special enough to make me want to go there on a semi-regular basis. Anyone have this as a must go to place?

We have them in Kansas City, my wife and kid think they are awesome…
Post 568 IP   flag post
First go at Stuffed Shells.

Post 569 IP   flag post
Costco steak,chile,lime burrito. Some rice.

Edit: chipotle, not chile.
Post 570 IP   flag post
Making my pre-Superbowl chili with beans today. Will repurpose it tomorrow for loaded chips and salsa.

Post 571 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Making my pre-Superbowl chili with beans today. Will repurpose it tomorrow for loaded chips and salsa.

We make a big pot like that as well Ed. Our repurpose is usually chili mac though.
Post 572 IP   flag post
Snickerdoodle’s

Post 573 IP   flag post
My contribution to the chili parade.

Post 574 IP   flag post
Also made Cowboy Cookies. There's probably four plus dozen of these things.

Post 575 IP   flag post
Are you ready for some football? After this spread, I might be ready for a nap!

Post 576 IP   flag post
You got bonus points for having cellophane on your footstool.
Post 577 IP   flag post
Wings off propane….

Post 578 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo, yes sir. Shrimp, crawdads, crab balls, pepperoni bread, deviled eggs, and cheesesteak egg rolls. Game on
Post 579 IP   flag post
That deviled egg presentation piece is cool @RexMuff.
Post 580 IP   flag post
619266 999 30