Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111

That’s HDS sir..
Post 26 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbolton
My wife on the other hand, has a pizza restaurant and has to go through all kinds of bullshit before she can fire someone.

Yeaaa... major corporations (which I am part of) is a crazy sequence of events so they don't get sued. Turns out it's 5x more work for me to move someone out.
And they get sued anyway for such horrors they've had to endure like a "hostile work environment". Had to go to court for that one and endure lies and gross exaggerations.
Painful to let someone go
We require at least 3 written documentations after one verbal excluding the obvious reasons for immediate termination like theft, assault, you know; crimes and all and abandonment. the good is not being fired unnecessarily or because you made a mistake or were late that one time because you actually got stuck in traffic for unforeseen circumstances. General asshattery is afoot but nothing fireable. We would have no employees if asshattery was enforced.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector SidTheSquid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidTheSquid
Lol, I just got back from the Fed Ex office where my books are being held.

The clerk asked me for the last 4 digits of my tracking number, which I didn't have.

Then he asked if I had the entire number... seriously. I told him I didn't have my phone on me, but had my license with the address right there. He let me know that wouldn't work...

Guess I'll be back tomorrow?

to be fair. you couldve not lived there for a while and checking to see if there is a package

But the package has my name on it =D
Post 28 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
@HulkSmash I’ve got no problem with asshattery 😎
Post 29 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

The clerk asked me for the last 4 digits of my tracking number, which I didn't have.

Then he asked if I had the entire number... seriously. I told him I didn't have my phone on me, but had my license with the address right there. He let me know that wouldn't work...

Your phone...don't leave home without it!
Post 30 IP   flag post

He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
And this is why I never used Deadpool's FedEx-Force.

When I do, it's often because it is the only fast option. Or cheap option. Depending on where the seller is from. Otherwise, I use DHL. Which I had two issues with them, but those were during the covid days.

But personally speaking, my FedEx experiences have not been that bad. So I can only guess that it is more of a regional scenario than an overall one.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector SidTheSquid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by chester15
Quote:

Your phone...don't leave home without it!

I do it intentionally sometimes! I want to be present when I'm out with my family... FeDEx is anti-family =D
Post 32 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Plus, they didn’t even try to hide the package. Guess they didn’t think anyone would steal it in that condition. It’s camouflaged. 👍🤣

Sorry this happened to you. 🙁

Post 33 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
I have previously detailed the reasons I am in the "I hate FedEx" club, so I will not bore you with the story again. However, one thing that really irks me is the refusal of CBCS to ship via USPS (which CGC does utilise with consistent success).
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by chester15
All the shipping companies are worse than ever.

I purchased heat lamps for my reptile off Amazon (4-pack). When the box arrives, with fragile stickers all over it, sounded like a box of legos.

Didn’t even open the boxes. Sent them back.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
I'd point out that there aren't enough employers putting the fear of unemployment into their workforce, but then the fear of unemployment isn't quite what it used to be for way too many people.

This 100%
Anyone ever try to get rid of a shitty worker who doesn't care these days? I have. Don't count on H.R. to back you. But count on going to legal depositions

Most people (here) I see joining the workforce don't act like they given a job so much as they allowed the company to hire them. They're great when they're contract workers (temps), but once they're hired on, it's all about sick days. New hires in the last few years use all their PTO and vacation before spring, then just call in as unpaid absences for the rest of the year, and (or I should say because) management just LETS them because they don't want to go through the process of hiring new people again (and explain to Corporate why they keep hiring flakes).
Post 37 IP   flag post
My PTO gets bought back at the end of the year…….
Post 38 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad same, before I opened my own firm I used to end the year with between 300 to 400 comp hrs at the firm I was with. I always enjoyed the extra money at the end of the year.
Post 39 IP   flag post
I only get 80 but I’ll take it….
Post 40 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant_Subtitles
And this is why I never used Deadpool's FedEx-Force.

When I do, it's often because it is the only fast option. Or cheap option. Depending on where the seller is from. Otherwise, I use DHL. Which I had two issues with them, but those were during the covid days.

But personally speaking, my FedEx experiences have not been that bad. So I can only guess that it is more of a regional scenario than an overall one.
it definitely is regional. It’s not good that the corporate department solely in charge of inquiries gets ghosted by hubs and is too often forced to tell you that they can’t do anything and you personally can try contacting your local hub who most likely contracted out and can’t tell you anything either assuming they actually follow up or even talk to you and do not direct you to corporate. I’m speaking to my area if it’s not obvious. I’m glad others do more than pick up and put packages for the sake of moving shipments.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
it definitely is regional. It’s not good that the corporate department solely in charge of inquiries gets ghosted by hubs and is too often forced to tell you that they can’t do anything

I made a friend last year who owns local FedEx delivery routes in various parts of the country. I had not realized that the local delivery is contracted out, basically like a franchise. He says the routes can be a cash machine, but also a never-ending HR battle. Routes are regularly bought and sold, either to new owners from outside the system or to existing owners. If a route is bought by a new inexperienced owner, that can create new problems. If a route is bought by an experienced owner, it probably was sold at liquidation prices and may already have existing problems.
Post 42 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
it definitely is regional. It’s not good that the corporate department solely in charge of inquiries gets ghosted by hubs and is too often forced to tell you that they can’t do anything and you personally can try contacting your local hub who most likely contracted out and can’t tell you anything either assuming they actually follow up or even talk to you and do not direct you to corporate. I’m speaking to my area if it’s not obvious. I’m glad others do more than pick up and put packages for the sake of moving shipments.

I'm just glad that FedEx is not one of the million of problems I deal with in my are. Especially since both they and DHL are my only two real options when I purchase anything from Japan or Hong Kong.

In all cases my FedEx related issues were either done by USPS or DHL. With the worst DHL had done is ship off my Madarake order to another house. In a neighboring city. With somebody opening it up before they realized that it was not their package. So all I can say is that instead of them turning around to fix that mistake, I had the "joy" of driving to an area I never been to. And the means of driving back.

So I feel for ya. Double if your FedEx is willing to parachute packages out because the whole drone scene is a cheap option. And they did this with yours when there was a light breeze advisory.
Post 43 IP   flag post
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
My FedEx package arrived safe and sound - with the exception of one corner ding - which travelled from Texas to Nova Scotia Canada

Post 44 IP   flag post
617496 44 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?