Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
So incredibly tired of FedEx's awful service. This was the package they delivered yesterday:

And yes, the item inside was broken. By the way, they didn't even ring the bell. Just left the box like this and scampered.

Today, they were supposed to deliver a five book submission from CBCS. Didn't ring the bell, just left a door tag. There were three people home, two of whom could have signed for the delivery.

I haven't even bothered to scan the door tag, I am so disgusted. The last time they pulled this garbage, the door tag didn't even match my package.

And calling the help desk is useless. The call centers are all offshore, and there is literally nothing useful they can do. I just have to hope that they don't lose or somehow destroy the five sketch covers they were supposed to deliver.

Of the past five FedEx deliveries I have received, only one was completed successfully on the first try. That's a whole 20 percent success rate. If I was that bad at my job, I would be fired. Justifiably.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Jgwalters100 private msg quote post Address this user
At least they respected the fragile signs all over it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector drcyclops private msg quote post Address this user
WOW sorry to hear. I do not use them.I see it was not packed in an office FedEx box. Mmmm. Hopefully the item was insured.
Post 3 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
They didn't ring my door bell either. It's like dude I have a ring door bell. You have to use the damn button for anything to happen.

I called FedEx and complained and told them that it's not complicated please push button.
Post 4 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
All the shipping companies are worse than ever. They're slower than ever processing claims. And good luck trying to get a claim paid.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Briten private msg quote post Address this user
@James42 I Feel your pain. I had a sign for delivery from FedEx and they drove in the driveway left a sticky on the door saying I wasn’t there and drove away. I’m sure the driver had fun explaining the surveillance video that captured the whole event.

No knock, no door bell, and I was home.
Post 6 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I have a good FedEx guy. I hate the USPS.
Post 7 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgwalters100
At least they respected the fragile signs all over it.

Fragile signs are the kiss of death.
Post 8 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
In FEDEX language, fragile translates to "destroy me".
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector radd76 private msg quote post Address this user
FedEx is the worst.

I pick up orders directly from CBCS headquarters. Then ship my customers’ books with UPS (I do pressing and cleaning service on them).

And sadly CGC switched to them I believe- I don’t see choice anymore for UPS
Post 10 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I'd point out that there aren't enough employers putting the fear of unemployment into their workforce, but then the fear of unemployment isn't quite what it used to be for way too many people.
Post 11 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
FedEx is the worst of the carriers. By far.

Their business model is the reason why.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Jgwalters100 private msg quote post Address this user
Ups is way better. Not sure if it's the pay and benefits which are real nice.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, I’ve never had a horrible experience with them… so far.

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
Post 14 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
point out that there aren't enough employers putting the fear of unemployment into their workforce, but then the fear of unemployment isn't quite what it used to be for way too many people.

This 100%
Anyone ever try to get rid of a shitty worker who doesn't care these days? I have. Don't count on H.R. to back you. But count on going to legal depositions
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Danno private msg quote post Address this user
FedEx regularly delivers my packages to the wrong address. It's reached the point that when I know something is being delivered by FedEx, I expect it to end up at the wrong address.
Post 16 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 17 IP   flag post
Splotches is gettin old!

Post 18 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
is it from italy? Fra-gil-ee defintly sounds italian

not a cbcs issue sadly. they might say "once it leaves our facility. not our responsibility. especially since fedex damaged package"

wish we had options as to who we want to ship our stuff
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector SidTheSquid private msg quote post Address this user
Lol, I just got back from the Fed Ex office where my books are being held.

The clerk asked me for the last 4 digits of my tracking number, which I didn't have.

Then he asked if I had the entire number... seriously. I told him I didn't have my phone on me, but had my license with the address right there. He let me know that wouldn't work...

Guess I'll be back tomorrow?
Post 20 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidTheSquid

The clerk asked me for the last 4 digits of my tracking number, which I didn't have.

Then he asked if I had the entire number... seriously. I told him I didn't have my phone on me, but had my license with the address right there. He let me know that wouldn't work...

to be fair. you couldve not lived there for a while and checking to see if there is a package
Post 21 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Fragile labels only provide challenge to how jacked up they can get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno
FedEx regularly delivers my packages to the wrong address. It's reached the point that when I know something is being delivered by FedEx, I expect it to end up at the wrong address.

They have my dads house referenced with a photo, the address circled, and a notation of being across the street of of 2 other addresses😂

Edit: here it is I marked out some map data but the rest is is FedEx

Post 22 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111 I have a small tax firm and share an office with my younger brothers law firm, I have no problem firing shitty workers on the spot(I also serve as HR), luckily it’s been few and far between.. and yes, FedEx is the Fn worst! It seems there is no accountability from these carrier services anymore.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111 My wife on the other hand, has a pizza restaurant and has to go through all kinds of bullshit before she can fire someone.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Splotches is gettin old!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbolton
My wife on the other hand, has a pizza restaurant and has to go through all kinds of bullshit before she can fire someone.

Yeaaa... major corporations (which I am part of) is a crazy sequence of events so they don't get sued. Turns out it's 5x more work for me to move someone out.
And they get sued anyway for such horrors they've had to endure like a "hostile work environment". Had to go to court for that one and endure lies and gross exaggerations.
Painful to let someone go
Post 25 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111

That’s HDS sir..
Post 26 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbolton
My wife on the other hand, has a pizza restaurant and has to go through all kinds of bullshit before she can fire someone.

Yeaaa... major corporations (which I am part of) is a crazy sequence of events so they don't get sued. Turns out it's 5x more work for me to move someone out.
And they get sued anyway for such horrors they've had to endure like a "hostile work environment". Had to go to court for that one and endure lies and gross exaggerations.
Painful to let someone go
We require at least 3 written documentations after one verbal excluding the obvious reasons for immediate termination like theft, assault, you know; crimes and all and abandonment. the good is not being fired unnecessarily or because you made a mistake or were late that one time because you actually got stuck in traffic for unforeseen circumstances. General asshattery is afoot but nothing fireable. We would have no employees if asshattery was enforced.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector SidTheSquid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55
Quote:

to be fair. you couldve not lived there for a while and checking to see if there is a package

But the package has my name on it =D
Post 28 IP   flag post
@HulkSmash I’ve got no problem with asshattery 😎
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:

Your phone...don't leave home without it!
Post 30 IP   flag post
617496 44 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?