Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature VSPComics MagazinesSignatures

Redo signature verification?19767

Collector donho private msg quote post Address this user
Had some raw graded magazines sent in at a con for first not putting yellow label on books and getting it corrected then if magazine slabs were released than i requested they be slabbed. Which they were finally released. I turned them in at a con due to i was already going and wanted to save on shipping and just hand them to cbcs since they were there. I was assured that fixing label would be hassle free and no cost to me due to it being their mistake. Now i was informed that signatures have to be verified again after they were done at the con due to being a few years old or something to that effect. I want them to be slabbed but do not think the signatures were all of a sudden not verified and do not think i need to have that done again and pay for it twice. Who to talk to about it?
Post 1 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
If the signatures were witnessed and then not submitted for a long time, then it is possible that they will have to be verified. A witnessed signature can't be held indefinitely and then submitted at random... unless you are an authorized witness.
Post 2 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
You handed them slabbed verified signature comics, and they wanted to re-verify before re-slabbing?
Post 3 IP   flag post
They weren't already slabbed as they are magazines. They are raw graded, I think.
Post 4 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
Oh, yes, I read right over that.

But if they were raw graded signature verified, do they put any type of a seal on it to "prevent" swapping out copies? If so, why would you have to re-verify?
Post 5 IP   flag post
yes they were sealed and i was the authorized witness for them they were submitted the previous year and i got them back after several months with the wrong labels (blue) but heres the thing they actully had on the labels that they were signed. just wrong color they are even on my account as raw grade and witnessed.

Heavy Metal Magazine #v7 #8 [1975]
Heavy Metal, Bronze Age
Dave Dorman
Processing tier: $10.00Authentic: $5.00

Rampaging Hulk #4 [1975]
Marvel, Bronze Age
Jim Starlin
Post 6 IP   flag post
Makes no sense to me. Adding it to the list of things.
Post 7 IP   flag post
dates are probably wrong on my part on dates due to stroke which affected my short term memory but as seen in my update they were authentic and heck i had one of cbcs witnesses in line with me with another persons books and the person being signed.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by donho
yes they were sealed and i was the authorized witness for them they were submitted the previous year and i got them back after several months with the wrong labels (blue) but heres the thing they actully had on the labels that they were signed. just wrong color they are even on my account as raw grade and witnessed.

Heavy Metal Magazine #v7 #8 [1975]
Heavy Metal, Bronze Age
Dave Dorman

Rampaging Hulk #4 [1975]
Marvel, Bronze Age
Jim Starlin

If they are witnessed and still sealed, then they shouldn't need to be verified again. I'm understanding that they were mistaken given blue labels instead of yellow. I think maybe you just talked to someone who didn't understand what they were talking about or what they were asked.
Post 9 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Who to talk to about it?

Customer service.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Had some raw graded magazines sent in at a con for first not putting yellow label on books

Was there a Return Authorization issued for these books before you took them to the convention?
Post 11 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia Does CBCS even do that?
Post 12 IP   flag post
No I went on the first day of the con and asked them about the fixing the labels and such and I brought them in the second day and did the paperwork and such for the mags as well as turning in my witnessed signed books also to be graded
Post 13 IP   flag post
For ebaymafia question that is
Post 14 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
@EbayMafia Does CBCS even do that?

I'm not sure, I only ever sent one book back, it was the first year they opened. But it seems that without some kind of formal process, misunderstandings like this are bound to happen. The guy at the convention may be doing his best to provide good customer service, but if that's not his role, he misses a step in the process because he doesn't realize it's not as cut and dried as he thinks it would be.
Post 15 IP   flag post
615415 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?