Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Want to Buy

WTB Sandman #4 signed copy19742

I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
Story time:

My wife and I met at our LCS. Without comics, we probably would have never met. The book that started her reading and collecting was Gaiman's Sandman. She started reading it somewhere in the middle of his original run, picking up new issues as they came out and buying back issues when she found them. But long before we met, her collection was stolen. I think the issue she most misses was her signed copy of #4. I can't give her back the books that were stolen, but if I could find her a signed copy of #4 it would mean a lot to her. Any leads to reasonably priced copies would be appreciated.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
If you can’t find an affordable signed one, I would buy a decent raw copy (you can get a nice raw copy for like $50-75) and get it signed at a convention. Neil Gaiman also does private signings for grading companies (CGC has one coming up in a few weeks). But it would be kind of cool if you took your wife to a convention where Gaiman was signing, surprised her with the book, and you both watched him autograph it for her.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
@James42 Great story! I got back into comics because of Sandman. My gf at the time and I were really into Gaiman, so we would go to his signings. I don’t have a #4 signed, but as @esaravo mentioned, you can submit one to get signed for $141 (autographed, graded, and slabbed) or attend one of his upcoming events in the Fall.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
My wife was forced into comics at gun point. She eventually accepted it as a way of life
Post 4 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Retired_11B private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
My wife was forced into comics at gun point. She eventually accepted it as a way of life

My wife wanted me to get back into it, she said it was cheaper than me collecting guns....
Post 6 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired_11B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

My wife wanted me to get back into it, she said it was cheaper than me collecting guns....

Heh. Not in my case.
Post 7 IP   flag post
615412 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?