Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

What Grinds Your Gears?!19739

Doodoo doodoo! Mind blowing stuff, right? Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Au contraire mon ami....we hit 29c/84f today.

You're in Ottawa? I'm from Ottawa (just thought you should know that πŸ˜‰ ) Now I'm in the Vancouver area. Been back and forth a couple of times.The we(s)t coast is my preferred location.

The next thing you know, you'll probably tell me you collect comics.

Doodoo doodoo! Mind blowing stuff, right?

Post 376 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine_Kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

You're in Ottawa? I'm from Ottawa (just thought you should know that πŸ˜‰ ) Now I'm in the Vancouver area. Been back and forth a couple of times.The we(s)t coast is my preferred location.

I am in Ottawa but originally from Toronto born and raised.....my son just moved to Kelowna......and I do collect comics!! πŸ˜€ 🍻
Post 377 IP   flag post
Doodoo doodoo! Mind blowing stuff, right? Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine_Kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

8You're in Ottawa? I'm from Ottawa (just thought you should know that πŸ˜‰ ) Now I'm in the Vancouver area. Been back and forth a couple of times.The we(s)t coast is my preferred location.

I am in Ottawa but originally from Toronto born and raised.....my son just moved to Kelowna......and I do collect comics!! πŸ˜€ 🍻

@GAC

Post 378 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, what are the chances of two people on the same chat board being from the same country, and, to top it off, the same city as well!

I'm gobsmacked!
Post 379 IP   flag post
Yeah, I know, right!

Post 380 IP   flag post

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
This weekend I was expecting to go to A Salute to Smallville.

This is a two day show not to far from my house with seven actors from the show.

My main interest in thr show was to meet Laura Vandervoort and have her sign a stack of Supergirl books for me as Helen Slater did earlier this year.

I also set aside some Superman hooks for Tom Welling.

Prices posted on the website were $50 for Laura and $60 for Tom.

With the show coming up this weekend I took a closer look and it seems that the autograph tickets need to be purchased ahead of time.

Between service fees and sales tax the cost of each signature is increased by about $15.

The admission tickets are also subject to these additional fees.

Spreading the cost of admission over the books I want to get signed $50 is now close to $70 and $60 is close to $80 per signature.

The format of the show also seems to be cumbersome and time consuming as well.

With this new information I have now decided not to go to the show after having a night to sleep on it.

Perhaps I should blame myself for not figuring any of tgis out sooner but I do go to a lot of shows each year and mist of these shows aew much more straightforward when it comes to pricing.

With this event on the calendar for the last few months and the efforts to locate and organize items to be signed I am very disappointed with this experience.

There is nothing wrong with charging fees to earn a living, just be upfront about the costs instead of dangling a lower number in front of customers before oiling on hidden fees.
Post 381 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
Being rear-ended by a teenager who didn't appear to even apply the brakes.

"But that's the front of your car," you say. Yes, yes it is. Because she hit me hard enough while I was fully stopped with my brakes applied to push me into the truck in front of me (who was also fully stopped with brakes applied) and crush the front of my car enough the doors don't want to open.
Post 382 IP   flag post
Car accidents suck. Red tape insurance logistical nightmares.
Post 383 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@James42 sorry to hear about that. Let's see photos of the back.
Post 384 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
This weekend I was expecting to go to A Salute to Smallville.

This is a two day show not to far from my house with seven actors from the show.

My main interest in thr show was to meet Laura Vandervoort and have her sign a stack of Supergirl books for me as Helen Slater did earlier this year.

I also set aside some Superman hooks for Tom Welling.

Prices posted on the website were $50 for Laura and $60 for Tom.

With the show coming up this weekend I took a closer look and it seems that the autograph tickets need to be purchased ahead of time.

Between service fees and sales tax the cost of each signature is increased by about $15.

The admission tickets are also subject to these additional fees.

Spreading the cost of admission over the books I want to get signed $50 is now close to $70 and $60 is close to $80 per signature.

The format of the show also seems to be cumbersome and time consuming as well.

With this new information I have now decided not to go to the show after having a night to sleep on it.

Perhaps I should blame myself for not figuring any of tgis out sooner but I do go to a lot of shows each year and mist of these shows aew much more straightforward when it comes to pricing.

With this event on the calendar for the last few months and the efforts to locate and organize items to be signed I am very disappointed with this experience.

There is nothing wrong with charging fees to earn a living, just be upfront about the costs instead of dangling a lower number in front of customers before oiling on hidden fees.

Helen Slater is much cooler anyway!

Post 385 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Losing the only two things I can’t replace since cancelling cable. ESPN, and my local baseball teams.

What grinds my gears even more is when the Tigers make it to the playoffs and are still only on cable channels. I live directly en route to both teams but I still can’t get it on a myriad of antenna stations.
Post 386 IP   flag post
You can get ESPN on Hulu, YouTube TV, or some other streaming service.
Post 387 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
or he can patron a local watering hole
Post 388 IP   flag post
The streaming service would be cheaper.
Post 389 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
You have to upgrade quite a bit to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmccoy74
Quote:
This is the route I was thinking.
Post 390 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@James42 sorry to hear about that. Let's see photos of the back.

Tailgate:

Trailer hitch, which is at least a foot too far forward now:

Post 391 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I have Disney, Hulu, ESPN+.

It will let me watch my alma mater Colgate all I want but if I try to watch a live NFL game or a top 25 team live it would seem that I would have to pay more for that service.
Post 392 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by James42
Being rear-ended by a teenager who didn't appear to even apply the brakes.

Sounds like distracted driving.
Post 393 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

I’d end up with a bar tab that cost more than the monthly streaming fee
Post 394 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:

I have Disney, Hulu, ESPN+.

It will let me watch my alma mater Colgate all I want but if I try to watch a live NFL game or a top 25 team live it would seem that I would have to pay more for that service.

These up charges are one of the biggest crock of shit going now days
Post 395 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
ebay sellers!!!

bid on and won a fountain pen....for roughly $200 to $300 less than similar 'buy it now' listings.

NOW - seller says they think it is not a genuine Montblanc and could they cancel the order...I notice that another store currently has the exact same photos up with minimum starting bid $60 higher than what I won it at...(and no free shipping)

I think they are regretting that my winning bid was lower that what they wanted...

Replied that I was happy to take the risk (looks like a real one to me - proper patina etc. for a 50yr old pen).....gonna bet that they cancel the order anyway....

oh well.....keep my eye open for a bargain again I guess....
Post 396 IP   flag post
Premium mixed nuts!80% almonds and cashews!
Post 397 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
ebay sellers!!!

I think they are regretting that my winning bid was lower that what they wanted...

Replied that I was happy to take the risk (looks like a real one to me - proper patina etc. for a 50yr old pen).....gonna bet that they cancel the order anyway....

oh well.....keep my eye open for a bargain again I guess....

I am not very familiar with EBay, having only purchased roughly two items, and I requested refund on one because it never showed up. Don't they have rules to protect the integrity of their auction process? Or is it the wild west with sellers canceling any lots garnering lower price than hoped? Is there a reserve bid available to sellers?
Post 398 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@James42 Hope you didn't get a whiplash. That happened to me and a friend 30 years ago. Ended up with bulging and herniated disks. Life long injuries.
Post 399 IP   flag post
@KatKomics If they don't complete the sale, hit them with a negative rating.
Post 400 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Not sure of the legality, but SportSurge is always an option.
Post 401 IP   flag post

Post 402 IP   flag post
618085 402 27