CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

What Grinds Your Gears?!19739

"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjman48
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
Any parking lot I park in, even if I am well away from all other cars, someone is guaranteed to park too close to the my drivers door, even if there is tons of available parking, with no need to be right beside another car.
Used to have a Toronado with gigantic doors, which is when I started noticing the habit for many.

Yeah, that's my pet peeve also. My vehicle has a few door dings from people who parked in a hurry. Cramming their oversized Taho or Grand Wagoneer into a tight spot. No need to park right next to someone who's randomly parked away from the masses when they're is plenty of other spots

It's like choosing the urinal right beside you when there's others available.
Post 201 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I like to grind the gears of the person who parks their nice car across three spots in the lot by parking next to them.
Post 202 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley lol!!!!
Post 203 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Improper shifting of a vehicles' manual transmission.

Improper shifting of my vehicle’s manual transmission literally and metaphorically grinds my gears.
Post 204 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Mechanic shop says "I can get that done today" and when you call to check on your ride (because they didn't call you) they say, oh we couldn't get to your ride today, and we are not open on the weekend, so it will be end of the day on Monday!

Post 205 IP   flag post

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
If you don’t want to grind your gears, you’d better get a good feel for the clutch.

Post 206 IP   flag post
WTB threads with no pictures.
Post 207 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 208 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAmistoso

Especially on a midgrade (7.5) comic.

At the risk of sounding like a complete neophyte...
Unlike CGC, does CBCS supply grader notes on all comics, regardless of grade?
Post 209 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Don't get me started @Gaard...
Post 210 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Gaard

Not on 9.8 from my experience.
Post 211 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbolton
The effing USPS!!!

Yep, misdelivered my latest, correctly addressed, purchase to a town an hour away. They have one job... sigh.
Post 212 IP   flag post
People who criticize my bad habits while ignoring their own.
Post 213 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Narcissistic people really grind my gears. But on the flip side, on occasion I love dealing with them and f*cking their head up.
Post 214 IP   flag post
Yeah, the lady who used to be my receptionist was chastising me for eating too much sugar. And yes, I do. However, I don't need to be told this by an almost seventy year old woman, with a belly that sticks out farther than her boobs, who sat on her fat ass all day drinking Pepsi, eating cheese puffs, and playing computer games.
Post 215 IP   flag post
Grade

Grade Date
02/06/2023

Grader Notes
Unavailable
Post 216 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson

Cgc I bet
Post 217 IP   flag post
Yes.
Post 218 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
People who walk through a door or get off the escalator and just stop....
step to the side!!!!
Post 219 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
step to the side!!!!

lol, that's a favorite of mine also. Along with walking down the middle of the parking lot driving lanes. As if no one else exists.
Post 220 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
step to the side!!!!

lol, that's a favorite of mine also. Along with walking down the middle of the parking lot driving lanes. As if no one else exists.

I believe you can tell a lot about a person by those types of behaviors. Also, talking loudly on a cell phone in an enclosed, generally quiet, public space.
Post 221 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Quote:
Quote:
step to the side!!!!

I believe you can tell a lot about a person by those types of behaviors. Also, talking loudly on a cell phone in an enclosed, generally quiet, public space.

Specifically, the people who use the speakerphone in public. I'm not a fan of hearing other people's medical histories and family drama.
Post 222 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Quote:
Quote:
step to the side!!!!

Specifically, the people who use the speakerphone in public. I'm not a fan of hearing other people's medical histories and family drama.

Post 223 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
Just sold my first item on eBay in years. Holy crap, it's annoying now. Paying fees on the shipping cost is crap. Sold a comic for $20 plus $9 shipping (which was the actual cost). So I ended up losing 25 percent of the sales price after shipping the book. Plus, they won't actually pay me until after the customer gets the book. I almost feel guilty for the cheap slabs I buy on there.
Post 224 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
I despise EBay!
Post 225 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
The only thing good about ebay is that you can cross list there and hopefully sell your items someplace else.
Post 226 IP   flag post
Collector Travis private msg quote post Address this user
eBay can be a dangerous place for one’s wallet when buying things it can get easily addictive, to click a button. even selling things is worse than buying sux because eBay’s gonna get their cut for sure.
Post 227 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by James42
Just sold my first item on eBay in years. Holy crap, it's annoying now. Paying fees on the shipping cost is crap. Sold a comic for $20 plus $9 shipping (which was the actual cost). So I ended up losing 25 percent of the sales price after shipping the book. Plus, they won't actually pay me until after the customer gets the book. I almost feel guilty for the cheap slabs I buy on there.
I used to add the 13.5% fee or whatever it was on top of asking price. I think the fee percentage should be calculated on dollar thresholds not only category type. I understand including shipping in the total value fee because people are scum bags and try to skirt an extra dollar on it.
Post 228 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Ebay is equal opportunity with respect to disappointment and frustration. Several bad experiences as a buyer over the past week. Buying raw books is fraught with risk. Both with the product and shipping. Big part of the reason graded books enjoy such high premiums.

Of course I’ve had some great success over the years with Ebay purchases. That said, absent significant seller diligence, I have a $ cap for ungraded books on the platform. Even with protections in place its just not worth the potential headaches.
Post 229 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbolton
I despise EBay!

I'm almost in the same boat. I can find things I want on there for sale. However, I do not like the extra 10% I have to add to cover sales tax. Also, sales tax on shipping charges really grinds my gears.
Post 230 IP   flag post
615415 368 30