Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

What Grinds Your Gears?!19739

Collector MRmintastic private msg quote post Address this user
Ebay sellers who overprice their books and then keep ending and relisting when clearly no one wants to buy at that price (or ever will).
Greedy sellers who grossly overprice their books.
Not showing the back cover on a vintage comic - include it when you list.

Sellers... who ruin a NM book by not packing properly.
... who list a book as NM, but have no idea what NM is.
... who take pics of a book at an angle so you can't tell if the wrap is aligned/even or not (this can be a red flag)
... who send offers with a note trying to pressure you to buy saying this is a limited time offer...

These crass practices are often clustered together.

Bad customer service or communication, laziness + incompetence in any realm grinds my gears.
Post 176 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
Number one issues with "Collector's Edition!" or something similar plastered across the front.
Post 177 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by James42
Number one issues with "Collector's Edition!" or something similar plastered across the front.

So most number one issues from the 90s?
Post 178 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Driving from Orlando to Ocala at 5:00 on a Saturday morning to do a job for a client that leaves the wrong key, preventing access to the job. 3 hours of driving for nada....
Post 179 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Driving from Orlando to Ocala at 5:00 on a Saturday morning to do a job for a client that leaves the wrong key, preventing access to the job. 3 hours of driving for nada....

That's brutal. Is it 3 hours each way or 3 hours total?
Post 180 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67

That's brutal. Is it 3 hours each way or 3 hours total?

3 hours round trip. I will get 300.00 trip charge for it. Still sucked. lol...
Post 181 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67 $300 for a three hour trip? That's a better deal then Ginger and Mary Ann got!!! 🤣🤣🤣
Post 182 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@Nearmint67 $300 for a three hour trip? That's a better deal then Ginger and Mary Ann got!!! 🤣🤣🤣
lol...........🤣🤣🤣
Post 183 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O And they are going to pay it again when they reschedule too...
Post 184 IP   flag post
Collector Rjman48 private msg quote post Address this user
"Shipping label created" notification to make the buyer believe the item was actually shipped after inputting the tracking number. Meanwhile seller sits on the item for a week then ships 7-10 days later.
Post 185 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjman48
"Shipping label created" notification to make the buyer believe the item was actually shipped after inputting the tracking number. Meanwhile seller sits on the item for a week then ships 7-10 days later.

Or... Seller never ships the item when you get a good deal. They don't want to sell it that cheap and you have to contact feebay to get a refund....
Post 186 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Eggo stopped making frozen French Toast! Damn!
Post 187 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Comcast. Xfinity. The devil goes by many names...
Post 188 IP   flag post
Collector Stonecollector private msg quote post Address this user
People standing in open doorways. You have two choices in or out pick one!
Post 189 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecollector

The road is littered with squirrels who couldn't make a decision.
Post 190 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecollector

or just stand there after getting off an escalator!!!

man...when I'm like 80 I'm gonna push those people down and hit them with my cane (cane will be just for looks and beatings!!)
Post 191 IP   flag post
Collector Stonecollector private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics I just want everyone to have to wear rollerskates so I can push them out of the way and go about my business
Post 192 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Comcast. Xfinity. The devil goes by many names...
Vicki Vallencourt………
Post 193 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user

Post 194 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
And this

Post 195 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbolton
And this

Man, it's like a plague!
People assign a grade and have no clue if it's accurate.
There should be comic police department busting people for grossly inaccurately grading comcis... lol....
Post 196 IP   flag post
The effing USPS!!!
Post 197 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbolton
The effing USPS!!!

Nothing new here. The USPS is a professional when it comes to grinding one's gears.
Post 198 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Any parking lot I park in, even if I am well away from all other cars, someone is guaranteed to park too close to the my drivers door, even if there is tons of available parking, with no need to be right beside another car.
Used to have a Toronado with gigantic doors, which is when I started noticing the habit for many.
Post 199 IP   flag post
Collector Rjman48 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
Any parking lot I park in, even if I am well away from all other cars, someone is guaranteed to park too close to the my drivers door, even if there is tons of available parking, with no need to be right beside another car.
Used to have a Toronado with gigantic doors, which is when I started noticing the habit for many.

Yeah, that's my pet peeve also. My vehicle has a few door dings from people who parked in a hurry. Cramming their oversized Taho or Grand Wagoneer into a tight spot. No need to park right next to someone who's randomly parked away from the masses when they're is plenty of other spots
Post 200 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjman48
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog

Yeah, that's my pet peeve also. My vehicle has a few door dings from people who parked in a hurry. Cramming their oversized Taho or Grand Wagoneer into a tight spot. No need to park right next to someone who's randomly parked away from the masses when they're is plenty of other spots

It's like choosing the urinal right beside you when there's others available.
Post 201 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I like to grind the gears of the person who parks their nice car across three spots in the lot by parking next to them.
Post 202 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley lol!!!!
Post 203 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Improper shifting of a vehicles' manual transmission.

Improper shifting of my vehicle’s manual transmission literally and metaphorically grinds my gears.
Post 204 IP   flag post
Mechanic shop says "I can get that done today" and when you call to check on your ride (because they didn't call you) they say, oh we couldn't get to your ride today, and we are not open on the weekend, so it will be end of the day on Monday!

Post 205 IP   flag post
619266 402 30