Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

What Grinds Your Gears?!19739

"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Too many sales threads that won't ship to Canada/US shipping only.

I'm not really upset at this as I'm on a bit of a buying hiatus but just something I noticed.

I thought this might be a good topic for the forum....let's see what happens.

What grinds your gears?
Post 1 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
This guy ships to Canada but unfortunately sells mostly dreck.

Post 2 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Can it be about a person? Or does it have to be a non tangible thing? Lol
Post 3 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
This guy ships to Canada but unfortunately sells mostly dreck.

Hence,
Post 4 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC

Grind away.

Post 5 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
I've never sold to Canada is it that difficult/expensive?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Rjman48 private msg quote post Address this user
NA
Post 7 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Auction houses that don't post back cover scans of the books they're are selling. My Comic Shop does it, so don't tell me it's too time consuming.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Rjman48 private msg quote post Address this user
"Stock images" of raw books on ebay. Be transparent and at least post a pic of the actual item you're selling.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort - I have used USPS to ship comics to Canada a few times. It’s a little more work, as you have to fill out a Customs Form. You would have to go online to calculate your shipping costs, and then charge that amount to the buyer. Make sure you have all the information that is required upfront, and there shouldn’t be a problem. For sales on the forum I would say something like “One or two slabs can be shipped to a US address for $17. Additional slabs and/or shipping to Canada will be based on actual shipping costs.”
By the way, I have also shipped comics to Hawaii. It was a few years ago, but the USPS Priority Mail cost was the same as to anywhere else in the US.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Not hearing from a forum member despite concerns.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjman48
eBay.

Fixed your post.
Post 12 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders

Yes. I hear you and agree. You aren't the only one that has expressed concern.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Briten private msg quote post Address this user
When someone, anyone throws an unrealistic low ball offer at you. Don’t insult me just because I have priced an item below market to sell more quickly. It doesn’t mean I’m going to give it away for a song.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC I don’t mind shipping to Canada. Usually for me the problem is someone not wanting to pay for international or complaining about the cost. It’s not my fault you don’t live here🤨
Post 15 IP   flag post
@Briten I hear you, but something just came to mind that really grinds my gears...sideways profile and comic pics .
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Briten private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders thanks Ned. 😁
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@Briten I hear you, but something just came to mind that really grinds my gears...sideways profile and comic pics .

Post 18 IP   flag post
@DrWatson looks like I'll have to eat my words, that's one nice looking sideways slab.
Post 19 IP   flag post
That wasn't the reaction I was going for. I was aiming for hair pulling and gnashing of teeth.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Fireworks on the 6th....

Can't believe these folks haven't gotten it out of their system yet.....
Post 21 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
People slabbing 90's drek that will NEVER be sold and clogging up TAT's with their terrible decisions.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
People slabbing 90's drek

Guilty! Although most of it is for my personal collection and has sentimental value.

And maybe not so drecky:

Post 23 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
When an eBay seller posts these (see link) types of pictures. What good are those? It just ensures that I will not buy anything from them.

clickable text
Post 24 IP   flag post
@esaravo

Gotta love the back photo. Totally unexpected on my part.
Post 25 IP   flag post
I picture a tie that looks like a deer wiener. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Coconuts
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
When an eBay seller posts these (see link) types of pictures. What good are those? It just ensures that I will not buy anything from them.

clickable text

Why would anyone take a picture of a backing board in a Mylar?
Post 27 IP   flag post
I picture a tie that looks like a deer wiener. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:

clickable text

Because they are coco Nuts!

Badump bump.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

Maybe it's stuck to the back cover.
Post 29 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

clickable text

Those pictures will haunt me in my dreams!!!! Why????!!!!
Post 30 IP   flag post
611380 334 30