Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Looking for advice in selling *to* MCS.19733

I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
I have a chunk of my collection I want to get rid of. Around 500 books, with another 117 progs of 2000 AD (if I can talk myself into it).

I know there are many of you who sell through MCS, but I would rather just be shut of the pile. It's been clogging up my library for months, and I have not had any serious local offers. What kind of experiences has anyone had selling collections (or parts of collections) directly to MCS? Is it fairly simple? I know I won't get the "best price" compared to retailing them myself, but even if I net a mere fifty cents per book, it's still a serious chunk. And they wouldn't be in the way of my lightsaber stand anymore.
Post 1 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
I sold a stack of about 25 books to MCS a few months back. It was a very easy process. I sent them a list of what I had and they sent me two offers: cash and MCS trade credit. I took the trade credit offer. The entire process was painless. MCS even paid me to ship my books to them.

A couple of things to be mindful of:

1. If you accept their offer and choose the MCS trade value, you can only use that credit value for MCS-owned items. You cannot use it to purchase consignment items.

2. As you said, their offer will be a fraction of the values you seen thrown around on eBay, MCS, etc. In my case I sold them a stack of books that, with a couple of exceptions, I hadn't had luck trading or selling here on the forum. So I was okay with that.

In the end I was able to turn a stack of bronze and modern books that, for the most part, I had lost interest in owning (plus a little cash) into a mid-grade book from the 1940s. That's a win to me.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@James42 IIRC, they also have restrictions on what they will even buy. I don't think they will buy books that they already have quantity of.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
They do collection buys. I do not know if they have a minimum quantity requirement, but I would ask them and it would be much easier than going through the 500 to see what they are currently buying let alone shipping 100s of books. I’d imagine it would be worthwhile for them to purchase the entire lot even if it includes books they are not currently interested in on an individual basis.
Post 4 IP   flag post
618083 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?