Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Modern AgeNFL FootballRaw Comics For SaleSigning Opportunities

PGX converts to CBCS ?19706

Collector Buzbe private msg quote post Address this user
I understand that all grading companies are not the same, but I would like to does anyone have estimate on how much of hit I would take on a PGX 10.0 if I send it in for regrading?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Jgwalters100 private msg quote post Address this user
Probably down to an 8.5
Post 2 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
well if it is an actual 10 you wouldn't take any hit. You can't just assume it will get a lower grade.
Post 4 IP   flag post
That bad cause it still has the original fold space from production and not knocks anywhere visible
Post 5 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
If you are lucky? Possibly a 9.6 to 9.8 at best.

At worst? You'll get a "not qualified" with the note saying that it was a hand drawn comic book done by somebody named "Timmy, Age 6".
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania
well if it is an actual 10 you wouldn't take any hit. You can't just assume it will get a lower grade.
never thought of that
Post 7 IP   flag post
We love little TIMMA
Post 8 IP   flag post
Thank all you have give me thing to think about
Post 9 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
It will drop. It will not come back as a CBCS 10, maybe a 9.8.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
a 10.0 cbcs is rare. they exist. cbcs does seem to pay more attention to details
Post 11 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I think realistically it can come back as anything. PGX isn't known for catching cut outs pages missing or even strict grading.

If you want to keep it a 10, leave it be. If you want some chance to sell it in the future to a serious collector you will regrade it with a reputable company and a sccept what they say the book is. There is no way to tell what the grade will be with no pictures or notes or anything else that might help make an informed decision.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
what bronte said
Post 13 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
There are rare circumstances when you might possibly consider cracking a 9.8 out for signature.

There is no situation that justifies cracking out a 9.9 or a 10.0.

A fool and his grade were lucky enough to get together in the first place.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector ProdigalSon private msg quote post Address this user
A few years ago, I used to crack PGX 9.8's quite a bit. I had them signed and resubmitted through CBCS, and all but 1 came back a 9.8. I then started cracking anything from 9.4 and up.. clean, press, signed, and always got nothing lower than the original grade. As of the last couple years, it almost feels a bit malicious on the grading, as it is all over the place, and usually lower by more than a grade or two. Just my 2 cents... I do miss the days of keeping 9.8's, as most of my collection (from late '70s to current) are/were all 9.8!!! Early '70s and earlier, not so high of course...
Post 15 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Take the 10.0 and run with it as is.

The numbskulls in the world love numbers and a 10.0 will capture that segment of the market that is not all that bright. Who cares if the number is subjective or who that subjectivity came from. It's a 10 and it's in plastic!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Take the 10.0 and run with it as is.

The numbskulls in the world love numbers and a 10.0 will capture that segment of the market that is not all that bright. Who cares if the number is subjective or who that subjectivity came from. It's a 10 and it's in plastic!

Normally, I'd agree, but a PGX 10. I wouldn't touch that with yours.
Post 17 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzbe
I understand that all grading companies are not the same, but I would like to does anyone have estimate on how much of hit I would take on a PGX 10.0 if I send it in for regrading?

If you own the PGX book you should post some good high-res pics here. That will give everyone a little more info and allow them to give you a more informed opinion.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Quote:

If you own the PGX book you should post some good high-res pics here. That will give everyone a little more info and allow them to give you a more informed opinion.

One can't post PGX books on the boards.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
It doesn't matter if it's a PGX, CGC, or even CBCS. It will not come back as a 10.
Post 20 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Quote:

One can't post PGX books on the boards.

He could crop the label and the case and just post to book itself. That's all we would be interested in. We already know the PGX grade is 10.
Post 21 IP   flag post
This the issue at hand
Post 22 IP   flag post
3-D motion Cover
Post 23 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

If you took it out of the holder and resubmitted to PGX you probably would not get a 10. Ten's are more like lottery tickets. If you want a 10, leave it in the PGX holder.

If the book really is flawless or near so, you'll end up with a 9.8 from CGC or CBCS
Post 24 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Should probably crop the label out, as was suggested.
I think they're worried everyone will leave and start using PGX now that those pictures exist.

😉
Post 25 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros
Quote:

Should probably crop the label out, as was suggested.
I think they're worried everyone will leave and start using PGX now that those pictures exists.

😉

Too late! See ya later!
Post 26 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania

You can with PGX. Ive noticed they give nicer grades than deserved. IMO...
Post 27 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
post pictures of it here. a lot of members could give their opinion. based on pictures.
Post 28 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user

Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
Quote:

If you took it out of the holder and resubmitted to PGX you probably would not get a 10. Ten's are more like lottery tickets. If you want a 10, leave it in the PGX holder.

If the book really is flawless or near so, you'll end up with a 9.8 from CGC or CBCS

I have gotten 10 from every company you just have to be picky on the process from purchase to shipping with that said normal get about the same amount of grades from all the companies
Post 30 IP   flag post
616096 33 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?