Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper AgeComics Modern AgeFor SaleRaw Comics For Sale

Galen130’s Pre-Vacation Sale—Marvel & Image Keys, Newsstands, and Drek!!!19702

I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Spider-Man 2099 #4 (2014 series). Again, this one is part of a 12-issue series featuring Miguel O'Hara in the year 2014.

VF+, or better. The bottom spine corner is a bit blunted, with a bit of wear. The back shows very light ink rubs near the bottom staple.

$3

Post 76 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
That's all for today. I wanted to get the majority of comics listed that I intended. That way, tomorrow will go quicker...I'll be able to finish then.

Feel free to message me with questions, requests, and offers. Thanks for visiting!!!
Post 77 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Claim Spawn 112 and Spider-man 1 Newsstands. I’ll also see what else you have to offer.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Claim Spawn 112 and Spider-man 1 Newsstands. I’ll also see what else you have to offer.

You got it. I’ll start a pile. 👍🙂
Post 79 IP   flag post
I’ll be listing the rest of this small collection in a short while. Until then, everything listed up to this point is 15% off. 👍🙂

I said quick sale, I meant quick sale. 🤣🤣🤣

Post 80 IP   flag post

Sorry for the delay. Here we go!!!!

Spider-Woman #40 (newsstand). This issue features the 1st appearance of Flying Tiger.

GD, or better; tan to cream pages. I've dropped the grade considerably because of the 'wrinkling' and indentations/folds in the comic. You can see what I'm referring to on the back. It goes through the entire book, and there may be a bit of ink-breakage in spots on some of those creases. A press will fix this comic, and should give it a higher grade.

$2

Post 81 IP   flag post
Strikeforce #1, John Tyler Christopher NYCC 'Spider-Woman' negative variant. This one is #1158 out of 2000 limited copies.

I was excited to purchase this one for my personal collection when it came out...paid a hefty price for it too. When I got it, I noticed a very mild scratch/scuff near the right page edge (see scan). It just barely breaks ink, making it NOT a 9.2 or better. I don't remember where I bought this, but I do recall that they wouldn't take it back. I was furious!!! This was the last Modern variant I purchased. I have seen a few copies on eBay that had the same mark, but it's a mystery how it got there.

VF, or better. A press will remove the finger-bends (both covers), as well as the mild edge bend on the back near the top left corner. I believe the scratch/scuff keeps the grade down, even though it's tough to see in the scan. My huge loss is your gain.

$45

Post 82 IP   flag post
Super Soldiers #1 (Marvel UK)

This comic has a big tear/cut into the front cover, circled in red.

FREE, with any purchase

Post 83 IP   flag post
Supreme #1 (regular edition). With a foil-embossed logo, this issue features Supreme returning after 50 years.

VF, or better; off-white to white pages. On the front cover, above the bottom staple, is a white spot on the spine that appears to be ink or paper loss. It feels smooth to the touch, so it could be a production defect. There's also some light cosmetic wear/scuffs on the foil logo.

$3

Post 84 IP   flag post
Venom: Funeral Pyre #1 (newsstand). With a foil-enhanced cover, this issue features an appearance by Punisher.

Even a newsstand copy of this comic isn't very valuable...thank God too. This one has a small chunk of paper missing from the bottom edge of the front (yellow area).

FREE, with any purchase

Post 85 IP   flag post
Venom: Lethal Protector #1 (direct). Part of a limited series, this issue features Venom in his first titled comic. Spider-Man appears as well.

VF/NM, no better; white pages. This comic looks good, except for some subtle creases/wrinkles at the spine on both covers. The one circled in yellow is the grade killer, in my opinion. Even with a light, low heat press, I can't imagine this one getting more than a 9.0.

Sold prices on eBay are all over the place, especially with supposed 'grades'. I'll be open to reasonable offers.

$35 (or best offer)

Post 86 IP   flag post
Venom: Nights of Vengeance #2 of 4. This issue features an appearance by Vengeance. This series is incomplete...issue #1 is missing.

VF-, or better. A press will help this cardstock cover, but the top spine corner has a mild bend through it that lightly breaks the ink on the back cover. It looks like drop damage.

$6

Post 87 IP   flag post
Venom: Nights of Vengeance #3 of 4 (direct). This issue features an appearance by Vengeance.

FN/VF, or better. There are a couple spine creases that noticeably break ink. The back shows a few places of ink rubs near the bottom half.

$5

Post 88 IP   flag post
Venom: Nights of Vengeance #4 of 4 (direct). This issue features an appearance by Vengeance. The original comic subscription coupon is still bound-in.

VF-, or better. The back cover shows very light ink rubs near both staples and along the top edge. The entire bottom right corner of the comic shows a mild bend that barely breaks the ink on the back cover.

$6

Post 89 IP   flag post
Web of Scarlet Spider #1 (limited series). This issue is Virtual Mortality, Part 1 of 4, featuring an appearance by Doctor Octopus.

VF, or better. There is some light wear on the spine. The back cover shows light ink rubs near the staples.

$2

Post 90 IP   flag post
What If…#86 (2nd series). What if Scarlet Spider killed Spider-Man?

VF/NM, or better; off-white to white pages. There are a few small ink-breaking spine ticks.

$3

Post 91 IP   flag post
WildC.A.T.S: Covert Action Teams #1 (newsstand). This comic was Jim Lee's first for Image Comics, which would lead to his Wildstorm Productions company.

FN, or better; off-white pages. Unfortunately, this one is a disappointment. A clean/press will help because there's plenty to clean and press. There some soil spots front and back, a bent bottom corner on the front bottom right that breaks ink, as well as some very light moisture damage on the top edge of the front and back. This one could clean up to a 7.5-ish, IMO.

$10

Post 92 IP   flag post
WildC.A.T.S: Covert Action Teams #3 (direct). The cover was done by Jim Lee and Rob Liefeld, with Scott Williams credited.

NM-, or better; off-white to white pages. A clean/press will help a bit.

$4

Post 93 IP   flag post
WildC.A.T.S: Covert Action Teams #19, 1st print.

VF-, or better; off-white to white pages. The back shows very light ink rubs in spots along the spine. The entire bottom right corner of the comic shows a small bend through it that lightly breaks the ink on both covers.

$2

Post 94 IP   flag post
WildC.A.T.S: Savant Garde #1 to #3, FAN Edition. These 16-page promotional comics came with Overstreet’s FAN magazines back in 1995. I am selling these as a 'lot'.

VF, or better. Issue #1 is the worst off, with a couple small color-breaking scratches on the front cover. The other two issues are in VF/NM condition, or better with a clean/press.

$12 (for the set)

Post 95 IP   flag post
Wildthing #1 (Marvel UK). With an embossed cover, this comic features appearances by Venom and Carnage.

VF/NM, or better; off-white to white pages. This comic will grade higher with a clean/press.

$4

Post 96 IP   flag post
Wolverine #49 (newsstand). This issue features a cameo appearance by Lee Harvey Oswald.

FN+, maybe better; off-white to white pages. This comic has a bit of that tanning of the interior page corners, but the wear and tear on this one keeps the grade down.

$2

Post 97 IP   flag post
Next up are a bunch of X-Force raws from the afore mentioned small collection. I have plenty more in my PC, but I'm not putting them up for sale here. Feel free to message me if you're looking for something else.
Post 98 IP   flag post
X-Force #2 (direct). This issue features the 2nd appearance of Deadpool, as well as the 1st appearance of Garrison Kane as Weapon X.

VF, or better; off-white to white pages. Again, some very subtle tanning of the page corners inside. There is a production crease on the front near Deadpool's left shoulder. A clean/press should help a bit.

$10 SOLD!!!

Post 99 IP   flag post
X-Force #3 (direct). This issue features an appearance by Spider-Man.

VF-, maybe better; off-white pages. You can see the tanning of the page corners inside, as well as some light tanning/foxing on the back near the top spine corner.

$2

Post 100 IP   flag post
X-Force #4 (direct). This issue features an appearance by Spider-Man.

VF, maybe better; off-white pages. Interior pages show that tanning again, while the back shows some pressable 'wrinkles' above the bottom spine corner.

$2

Post 101 IP   flag post
X-Force #5 (direct). This issue features the 1st appearance of the new Brotherhood of Evil Mutants.

VF, maybe better; off-white pages. Interior pages show that tanning again, while the back shows some pressable 'wrinkles' above the bottom spine corner.

$3

Post 102 IP   flag post
X-Force #6 (direct). This issue features the 1st appearance of the villain Phantazia.

FN/VF, or better; off-white pages. There's very light tanning again on the interior page corners, as well as some moderate wrinkles/ripples on the back that will press out.

$2

Post 103 IP   flag post
X-Force #8 (direct). This issue features the 1st real appearance of Domino, in flashback.

VF, or better; off-white pages. Again, interior page corner tanning with this one...very light. A press will help some.

$6

Post 104 IP   flag post
X-Force #9 (newsstand). This issue features an appearance by Domino.

VF, or better; off-white pages. Very light interior page corner tanning in this one as well. A press will help this one.

$5 SOLD!!!

Post 105 IP   flag post
616242 117 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?