Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper AgeComics Modern AgeFor SaleRaw Comics For Sale

Galen130’s Pre-Vacation Sale—Marvel & Image Keys, Newsstands, and Drek!!!19702

I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Spider-Boy Team-Up #1. This is an Amalgam Comics one-shot story.

VF/NM, or better. Press it for a higher grade.

$3

Post 51 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
The small collection I picked up also had some Spider-Man titled comics. I'm throwing in what I have left of my own Spidey's as well.

Spider-Man #1 (newsstand, bagged). With cover art by Todd McFarlane, this issue features an appearance by Lizard. This copy originally came in a polybag, but that bag is long gone.

VF-, or better; off-white to white pages. There are a few pressable defects, including the telltale vertical indentation from the polybag that doesn’t appear break ink.

$8 SOLD!!!

Post 52 IP   flag post
Spider-Man #6 (direct). This issue won CBG Fan Awards for Favorite Character, Penciler, Cover Artist, and Letterer. It also features appearances by Ghost Rider and Hobgoblin. This comic comes with the original Wild Agents of Marvel Membership coupon.

VF+, or better: off-white to white pages. This copy has a few spine ticks that very lightly break ink. A press may help a bit, but it won't do better than VF/NM...in my opinion.

$5

Post 53 IP   flag post
Spider-Man #7 (direct). This issue features appearances by Ghost Rider and Hobgoblin.

I have two copies of this comic, and both are in similar condition to the scans below...if not slightly better. I will provide scans of the other on request.

VF-, or better; off-white to white pages. Both comics would benefit greatly from a press, especially with the vertical indentation on the front cover along the spine.

$4 (each)

Post 54 IP   flag post
Spider-Man #17 (direct). This issue features the 'death' of Spider-Man, as well as an appearance by Thanos.

VF-, or better; off-white to white pages. The front shows a few spots of very light ink rubs on the black background, as well as an indentation on the knuckle of Thanos' pinky (no ink breakage). The back shows some very mild scuffs and wear in a few places.

$5

Post 55 IP   flag post

Spider-Man #18 (newsstand). This issue features appearances by Ghost Rider and the Sinister Six.

FN/VF, or better; off-white to white pages. The front cover shows a few finger bends/indentations. The back cover shows mild bend creases near both page corners that may break the ink…it’s difficult to tell. There is light soiling in spots along the spine. The back cover also has bends/indentations from handling. A clean and press will help this one a bit.

$3

Post 56 IP   flag post
Spider-Man #26, 1st print silver hologram-enhanced cover. This issue retells the origin of Spider-Man, while also containing a story demonstrating and describing Spider-Man’s powers. The original gatefold poster by Ron Lim is still with the comic.

FN+, or better. I bought this comic second-hand, so it came this way. Lots of defects here, but I want to stress that the bound-in poster has a small bend on the lower left corner that very lightly breaks the ink. I found the corner folded inside the comic, so I straightened it. The hologram image has a couple very mild finger bends/indentations. The pages show tanning, especially inside along the top edge of all pages.

$2

Post 57 IP   flag post
Spider-Man #37. This issue features Venom and Carnage.

VF-, or better. The bottom spine corner shows a bend through the whole book that very light breaks ink on both covers.

$3

Post 58 IP   flag post
Spider-Man #46, deluxe newsstand edition. This issue features an appearance by Demogoblin. The comic was originally polybagged, which is long gone. It does come with the original 16-page preview and animation cell. The original bound-in Marvel Masterprints promo panel is still attached inside.

VF-, or better. Both covers show telltale signs of being polybagged, but they are mild and don’t break ink. Both covers show a few spots of light ink rubs along the spine, along with the ink-breaking spine creases. The goodies are in great shape.

$4

Post 59 IP   flag post
Spider-Man #46, deluxe newsstand edition. This is the same as the comic listing above, except that the original polybag is included as well.

VF-, or better. Both covers show telltale signs of being polybagged, but they are mild and don't break ink. The bottom spine corner shows a mild bend that very lightly breaks ink on the front. The goodies are in pretty good condition, which are shown in photos in the previous listing.

$4

Post 60 IP   flag post
Spider-Man #57, deluxe direct edition. This issue has a die-cut cover, and it features appearances by Scarlet Spider and the Jackal.

FN/VF, or better. The front cover shows creases/wrinkling near the bottom spine corner. A press may improve those a bit, but it’s a cardstock cover so the damage may already be done. The back cover shows a mild bend near the bottom left page corner.

$3

Post 61 IP   flag post
Spider-Man #57, direct standard edition. This is the same comic as above, except without the die-cut cover.

VF+, or better. A press may help a bit.

$3

Post 62 IP   flag post
Spider-Man #61 (direct). This issue is Maximum Clonage, Part 4 of 6, and it features appearances by Scarlet Spider and the Jackal.

VF, no better. This comic has too much spine wear and ink rubs on the back cover to get higher than an 8.0...in my opinion.

$2

Post 63 IP   flag post
Spider-Man #63. This issue features appearances by Scarlet Spider and Doctor Octopus. It comes with the original bound-in Over Power game card AND sweepstakes card.

VF, or better. The back cover shows a mild bend crease near the lower left page corner, which barely breaks ink. The cards are still sealed.

$4

Post 64 IP   flag post
Spider-Man #75, with a wrap-around cover. This issue features the death of Ben Reilly (clone Spider-Man) and is a 60-page comic.

VF/NM, or better. The spine corners are a bit roughed up.

$3

Post 65 IP   flag post
Spider-Man/Dr. Strange: The Way to Dusty Death, one-shot story. This 1st print TPB celebrates the 30th Anniversary of Spider-Man (1962 to 1992). This is a thick book at 68 pages.

VF+, no better. Most corners show very light to light blunting, while both covers show a few areas of light cosmetic scuffs/scratches.

$8

Post 66 IP   flag post
These next Spider-Man titled comics come from the recent collection. It is the Sinister Six storyline, but the conclusion comic is missing.

Spider-Man #18 (direct). This issue features the Sinister Six, as well as Ghost Rider.

VF-, or better; off-white to white pages. Another comic with slightly tanned page corners. A clean/press will help here, especially with the light soiling in spots on the back.

$4

Post 67 IP   flag post
Spider-Man #19 (newsstand). The Sinister Six and Hulk appear in this issue.

VF+, or better; off-white pages. A clean/press could get this comic to a 9.2...IMO

$6

Post 68 IP   flag post
Spider-Man #20 (direct). This issue features the Sinister Six and Nova, among others.

VF, or better; off-white pages. This is a decent looking comic, but I've lowered the estimate because of very light tanning of page corners inside...again.

$4

Post 69 IP   flag post
Spider-Man #21 (newsstand). The Sinister Six and Deathlok appear in this issue, along with many others.

VF, or better; off-white pages. Same problems as the above listing...very slight tanning of top page corners inside. Otherwise, it's a decent looking comic.

$5

Post 70 IP   flag post
Spider-Man #22 (newsstand). Everyone in the storyline appears in this issue, with Gog appearing as a new member of Sinister Six.

VF+, or better; off-white pages. There is extremely light tanning of some page corners inside. This comic looks pretty good, but a clean/press may not do a lot.

$6

Post 71 IP   flag post
Just FYI...for all the previous listings where I mention 'tanning' of interior pages, I don't have much grading experience with tanning in Moderns. I stopped submitting comics back in late 2020, and I really didn't run into interior page tanning.

All those listings where I mention tanning of interior pages...they are all very light to one degree or another. That's why most listings have 'or better' next to the grade. They may actually grade higher...I just don't know. Unless there are other significant defects that help keep the grade down, my grades are conservative. Most of the Spider-Man comics I just listed look like they could be around a 9.2 or more, but I'm keeping the grade down. Some of the tanning looked like a trick of the light, until I really looked at it.
Post 72 IP   flag post
Spider-Man 2099 #1 (direct). This issue contains the 1st full appearance of Spider-Man 2099 (Miguel O'Hara), along with part one of his origin story. The trading card is a bonus from the Spider-Man II trading card series.

NM, or better; off-white to white pages. I see a couple of very light spine creases/ticks that barely break the ink. This comic looks great, along with the bonus card.

Sold prices on eBay are all over the place, so feel free to PM me with reasonable offers. Those listings don't include a bonus card.

$35 (or best offer)

Post 73 IP   flag post
Spider-Man 2099 #4 (direct). This issue features an appearance by Doom 2099.

VF/NM, or better; off-white pages. A clean/press will help this one.

$3

Post 74 IP   flag post
Spider-Man 2099 #2 (2014 series). This comic is part of a short-lived 12 issue series, featuring Miguel O'Hara in the year 2014.

VF+, or better. Both covers show extremely light ink rubs or soiling near the staples. A clean and press may help a bit.

$3

Post 75 IP   flag post
Spider-Man 2099 #4 (2014 series). Again, this one is part of a 12-issue series featuring Miguel O'Hara in the year 2014.

VF+, or better. The bottom spine corner is a bit blunted, with a bit of wear. The back shows very light ink rubs near the bottom staple.

$3

Post 76 IP   flag post
That's all for today. I wanted to get the majority of comics listed that I intended. That way, tomorrow will go quicker...I'll be able to finish then.

Feel free to message me with questions, requests, and offers. Thanks for visiting!!!
Post 77 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Claim Spawn 112 and Spider-man 1 Newsstands. I’ll also see what else you have to offer.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Claim Spawn 112 and Spider-man 1 Newsstands. I’ll also see what else you have to offer.

You got it. I’ll start a pile. 👍🙂
Post 79 IP   flag post
I’ll be listing the rest of this small collection in a short while. Until then, everything listed up to this point is 15% off. 👍🙂

I said quick sale, I meant quick sale. 🤣🤣🤣

Post 80 IP   flag post
616241 117 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?