Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper AgeComics Modern AgeFor SaleRaw Comics For Sale

Galen130’s Pre-Vacation Sale—Marvel & Image Keys, Newsstands, and Drek!!!19702

I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Sensational Spider-Man #11 (direct). This issue is Revelations, Part 2 of 4 and it features an appearance by Gaunt.

VF, or better; off-white to white pages. For me, the light ink rubs along the spine on the back drops the grade more.

$2

Post 26 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Sensational Spider-Man #22 (direct). The front cover is a gatefold. This issue features an appearance by Doctor Strange.

VF, or better. The top edge of both covers show very mild bend indentations that don’t break the ink. These can be pressed out.

$2

Post 27 IP   flag post
Sensational Spider-Man #23 (direct). The front cover is a gatefold. This issue features an appearance by Doctor Strange.

VF, or better. The bottom spine corner blunting has worn the paper a bit.

$2

Post 28 IP   flag post
The next two listings are being offered individually, but they can be purchased as a set. Buy the set for $60 shipped.

Silk #1 (2021 series). This variant is an Eastside Comics exclusive, Jeehyung Lee cover. It is limited to 3000 copies.

NM-, or better. The front cover shows a small scuff in the bottom left quadrant that mostly affects the gloss.

$30

Post 29 IP   flag post
Silk #1 (2021 series). This variant is an Eastside Comics exclusive, Jeehyung Lee ‘virgin’ cover. This copy is limited to 1000 copies.

NM-, or better. The front cover shows a small scuff in the bottom left quadrant that mostly affects the gloss.

$45

Post 30 IP   flag post

Silver Sable & The Wild Pack #2 (direct). This issue features an appearance by Sandman. I have 2 copies of this issue, both in roughly the same grade.

FN/VF, or better; off-white to white pages. The back covers show light ink transfers and/or soiling in a few areas, including along the spine. There are other pressable defects as well, but a clean/press may get the grade higher. I'm being very conservative with my grade estimate.

$2 (each)

Post 31 IP   flag post
Silver Sable & The Wild Pack #16. This issue is an Infinity Crusade cross-over, and it features appearances by Sandman and Paladin.

FN/VF, no better; off-white to white pages. The back cover shows a horizontal ‘indentation’ near the upper spine corner, possibly due to a knife cut. It doesn’t go through the page and it barely breaks the ink. I don't see this one grading much higher after a clean/press

$2

Post 32 IP   flag post
Silver Sable & The Wild Pack #17. This issue is an Infinity Crusade cross-over, and it features an appearance by The Intruders.

VF-, or better; off-white to white pages. There are a couple pressable defects, but the mild bend crease on the back top left corner very lightly breaks ink.

$2

Post 33 IP   flag post
Silver Sable & The Wild Pack #19. This issue is a Siege of Darkness cross-over, and it features an appearance by Venom.

VF, or better; off-white to white pages. This comic will benefit greatly from a press.

$3

Post 34 IP   flag post
Spawn #22 (direct). In this issue, Overt-kill is rebuilt. This issue was originally published before issues #19 and #20.

VF-, or better; off-white to white pages. A press will help a bit, but with all the ink-breaking spine creases and light ink rubs along the spine on the back will probably keep the grade down.

$4

Post 35 IP   flag post
Spawn #112 (newsstand). This variant is a hard to find because it was a low print-run comic (1:100 ratio?), AND because it's a newsstand. It also contains a tribute to all victims of 9/11, their families, and their loved ones.

VF-, maybe better; off-white to white pages. A clean/press will help a bit, but there's too many ink-breaking spine creases to get this one much above Very Fine minus...IMO.

There isn't any recent sales data on eBay, so feel free to make reasonable offers.

$20 SOLD!!!

Post 36 IP   flag post
Spawn #284, cover A. The cover was done by Francesco Mattina.

VF+, or better. With a press...maybe a 9.0. The handful of ink-breaking spine creases keep the grade down

$4

Post 37 IP   flag post
Spectacular Scarlet Spider #1 (direct). Issues #1 and #2 replaced Spectacular Spider-Man. This issue is Virtual Mortality, Part 4 of 4, and it features an appearance by Doctor Octopus.

A couple of the pages after the center wrap were stuck together by something small near the bottom edges. I can provide scans/photos if requested.

FREE, with any purchase

Post 38 IP   flag post
Spectacular Spider-Man #213, deluxe newsstand edition. This issue features the 1st meeting between Typhoid Mary and Spider-Man. The comic was originally polybagged, but the poly bag doesn’t come with it. It does come with the original 16-page preview and animation cell.

VF-, or better; off-white to white pages. Both covers show telltale signs of being polybagged, but they are mild and don’t break the ink. The bottom spine corner shows a mild bend that very lightly breaks the ink on the front cover. The extra goodies are in pretty good shape.

$4

Post 39 IP   flag post
Spectacular Spider-Man #213, deluxe newsstand edition. This is the same comic as listed above, but includes the polybag with the goodies.

VF-, or better. Again, there are telltale signs of being polybagged, which will press out. The bottom spine corner has a very mild bend that very lightly break ink on both covers.

$4

Post 40 IP   flag post
Spectacular Spider-Man #223, deluxe direct edition. This issue has a die-cut cardstock cover, and it features appearances by Peter Parker and The Jackal.

VF-, or better. The front cover shows a mild bend on one of the spider legs that doesn’t appear to break the ink. Close to the bottom spine corner, there's a spot of paper loss, just above the lightly impacted spine corner. A press will help some.

$3

Post 41 IP   flag post
Spectacular Spider-Man #223, standard direct edition. This is the same comic as listed above, without the die-cut cover.

VF-, or better; off-white to white pages. The front shows a 'scuff' across on of the spider legs that doesn't break ink. The back shows something similar as well. These may be production defects, or may be cleaned. I can't tell for sure.

$2

Post 42 IP   flag post
Spectacular Spider-Man #225 (direct). This copy has the Green Goblin holo-disk on the cover, and it features the 1st appearance of the ‘new’ Green Goblin. It is a double-sized issue.

VF-, or better. Both covers, along with spine creases, show a few spots of very light ink rubs. The holo-disk has a few very mild cosmetic scratches that can be difficult to see. A press will help a bit.

$3

Post 43 IP   flag post
Spectacular Spider-Man #227 (direct). This issue is Maximum Clonage, Part 5. It features an appearance by The New Warriors.

VF, or better; off-white to white pages. The bottom right page corner has a mild bend through the entire comic. It barely breaks ink on the front.

$3

Post 44 IP   flag post
Spectacular Spider-Man #228 (direct). This issue is Time Bomb, Part 1, and it features an appearance by The New Warriors.

VF-, or better. The bottom spine corner shows a mild bend through the book that very lightly breaks ink on the back. The bottom right page corner of the book has a very mild bend through it. A press will help.

$3

Post 45 IP   flag post
Spectacular Spider-Man #229 (direct). This copy has the acetate outer cover, and it features Spider-Man quitting his Spidey job.

VF, or better. The inside covers show a few spine issues (see photos), but the acetate appears to be unaffected. There are a few very light cosmetic scratches on the acetate, but they are difficult to see. If it's possible to only press the inside covers, this one should grade much higher.

$5

Post 46 IP   flag post
Spectacular Spider-Man #229 (newsstand). This issue features Spider-Man quitting. Even though the UPC is 'newsstand', it is classified this way because it doesn't have the acetate outer cover.

VF/NM, or better; off-white to white pages. The bottom spine corner shows very subtle impact damage that barely breaks the ink on the front cover. A press will help this one a bit.

$4

Post 47 IP   flag post
Spectacular Spider-Man #231, alternate Sal Buscema variant cover B (limited to 1000 copies). This comic features the return of Kaine, and is 1 of 4 limited variant special covers that Camelot Music released polybagged with Saturday Morning Cartoons Sampler Cassette. Also released were ASM #408, Sensational Spider-Man #1, and Spider-Man #65. The four covers connect to depict a giant spider symbol in the background. Unfortunately, the cassette isn't included with this copy.

VF, no better. The entire bottom right page corner shows a small bend, with the crease showing the lightest ink breakage on the back. A press may help a bit, but I believe the spine creases/ticks keep the grade down.

MCS is trying to sell raw copies for at least $159, without the cassette for goddsakes!!! That's crazy!!! There are a couple for sale on eBay for even more than that. I don't really subscribe to comic value speculation, so my price is lower. I may be reasonable with the right offer.

$100 (or best offer)

Post 48 IP   flag post
Spectacular Spider-Man Annual #13 (direct). This issue features the origin of Nocturne, and comes with the original poly bag and Nocturne 1993 Marvel Annuals trading card.

VF-, or better; off-white to white pages. The back cover has the telltale vertical poly bag indentation that can be pressed out. The trading card has a very mild indentation on the front that doesn’t break the ink.

$3

Post 49 IP   flag post
Spider-Boy #1 (direct). This is an Amalgam Comics one-shot story.

VF, or better. A press will help here, but the bottom spine corner has an extremely small bend through the book that barely breaks ink on the front.

$3

Post 50 IP   flag post
Spider-Boy Team-Up #1. This is an Amalgam Comics one-shot story.

VF/NM, or better. Press it for a higher grade.

$3

Post 51 IP   flag post
The small collection I picked up also had some Spider-Man titled comics. I'm throwing in what I have left of my own Spidey's as well.

Spider-Man #1 (newsstand, bagged). With cover art by Todd McFarlane, this issue features an appearance by Lizard. This copy originally came in a polybag, but that bag is long gone.

VF-, or better; off-white to white pages. There are a few pressable defects, including the telltale vertical indentation from the polybag that doesn’t appear break ink.

$8 SOLD!!!

Post 52 IP   flag post
Spider-Man #6 (direct). This issue won CBG Fan Awards for Favorite Character, Penciler, Cover Artist, and Letterer. It also features appearances by Ghost Rider and Hobgoblin. This comic comes with the original Wild Agents of Marvel Membership coupon.

VF+, or better: off-white to white pages. This copy has a few spine ticks that very lightly break ink. A press may help a bit, but it won't do better than VF/NM...in my opinion.

$5

Post 53 IP   flag post
Spider-Man #7 (direct). This issue features appearances by Ghost Rider and Hobgoblin.

I have two copies of this comic, and both are in similar condition to the scans below...if not slightly better. I will provide scans of the other on request.

VF-, or better; off-white to white pages. Both comics would benefit greatly from a press, especially with the vertical indentation on the front cover along the spine.

$4 (each)

Post 54 IP   flag post
Spider-Man #17 (direct). This issue features the 'death' of Spider-Man, as well as an appearance by Thanos.

VF-, or better; off-white to white pages. The front shows a few spots of very light ink rubs on the black background, as well as an indentation on the knuckle of Thanos' pinky (no ink breakage). The back shows some very mild scuffs and wear in a few places.

$5

Post 55 IP   flag post
616241 117 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?