Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper AgeComics Modern AgeFor SaleRaw Comics For Sale

Galen130’s Pre-Vacation Sale—Marvel & Image Keys, Newsstands, and Drek!!!19702

I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Hey gang!!! I’m going out of town this coming Sunday, so I decided to do a quick sale of a small Modern collection of raw comics I picked up recently. There are some cool books in this 40-50 comic set, but nothing in very high grade…mostly. I plan to finish this thread by Thursday, giving myself and potential buyers a couple days after that to get comics shipped out by Saturday. It’s a sprint, not a marathon!!! 🤣🤣

1. U.S. shipping only…sorry!!!
2. Media Mail shipping is free for up to 5 comics (I don’t ship sloppy packages). USPS Priority Mail for more than 5, but there will be an additional charge.
4. Payment by PayPal, bank/cashiers check, or money order. NO PERSONAL CHECKS!!!
5. No Returns. I will give adequate descriptions, but you must ask for additional information or pictures if you have questions/concerns. No buyer’s remorse!!!
6. If items are damaged in-transit, contact me right away. Take photos!!!

Post 1 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Here we go……

Alpha Flight #98. This issue is Part 2 of The Final Option, and it features a cameo appearance by The Avengers.

VF, no better; off-white to white pages. The front shows some very light wear along the top edge, while the back shows very light soiling in spots on the white background…including the top edge near the spine corner, which looks like a small stain but could be production overspray. A clean/press will help a bit.

$2

Post 2 IP   flag post
Alpha Flight #102. This issue introduces Weapon Omega.

FN+, maybe better; off-white pages. Some pages show very light tanning of the corners. The back has ink-breaking bend creases and production crease (near the top of the spine). There are pressable defects, but I don't know if a press will improve the grade.

$1

Post 3 IP   flag post
Alpha Flight #126. This issue is Part 2 of Dead Reckoning, and it features an appearance by Carcass.

VF, or better; off-white to white pages. The back shows a small bend near the top spine corner that very lightly breaks the ink on the spine, as well as a very mild bend at the bottom left corner that doesn’t break ink.

$2

Post 4 IP   flag post
Avengers West Coast #79 (newsstand). This issue features an appearance by Doctor Strange.

FN/VF, or better; off-white pages. A clean/press will help this comic a lot.

$2

Post 5 IP   flag post
Black Cat #1, J. Scott Campbell variant cover. This is Black Cat’s (Felicia Hardy) 1st ongoing self-titled series. I have four copies of this variant...none of them were ever read.

VF+, or better. The spine shows very light wear. The back cover shows light ink rubs in spots along the spine, especially near the bottom staple. Both comics arrived in this condition, with the pictured comic being the worst. I give all four copies the same grade estimate and price.

$4 (each)

Post 6 IP   flag post
Black Cat #1, Artgerm variant cover. This is Black Cat’s (Felicia Hardy) 1st ongoing self-titled series. I have two copies of this variant. They were never read.

VF+, or better. Both covers show a few areas of very light ink rubs along the spine, especially near the staples. This is how the comics arrived in the mail.

$5 (each)

Post 7 IP   flag post
Bloodshot #1 (1993). This comic is the 1st EVER chromium cover, which is more like a large chromium card attached to the cover. The original bound-in Bloodshot poster is still inside.

FN/VF, maybe better; white pages. The front shows some very light wear/rubs along the spine from being read, while the back shows a couple small soil spots near the spine. The rest of the defects are obvious. The chromium does show some light cosmetic scuffs/scratches. I don't see a clean/press improving the grade much.

$7

Post 8 IP   flag post
Bloodshot #2. This issue features an appearance by Ax.

NM-, or better; off-white to white pages. Except for one or two very light spine creases/ticks and a lightly blunted bottom spine corner, this comic looks pretty good.

$4

Post 9 IP   flag post
Brigade #1 (direct), Rob Liefeld/Paul Scott cover. This issue still contains the bound-in Battlestone and Stasis trading cards.

VF+, or better; off-white pages. There are a few small spine crease/ticks, but it's difficult to tell if they break ink. The back shows a couple spots of light ink transfers or soil along the spine. A clean/press should help a bit. The cards look great.

$4

Post 10 IP   flag post
Bridage #2 (direct), Rob Liefeld (?) cover. This issue contains the original bound-in Image Comics #0 coupon, as well as the Atlas and Thermal trading cards.

VF+, or better; off-white pages. A clean/press will help because of a couple spine ticks/wrinkles on the back. I also see a very light soil spot near the top staple. The inside goodies look good.

$3

Post 11 IP   flag post
Brigade #3 (direct). This issue features the 1st Birds of Prey (not DC), and it contains the original bound-in Kayo and Seahawk & Coldsnap trading cards.

VF+, or better; off-white to white pages. Aside from a few spine ticks/wrinkles, the back shows a few spots of very light soiling and/or ink transfers near the spine. They are hard to see. The cards look great.

$3

Post 12 IP   flag post
Brigade #5 (direct). This issue explains the history between Brigade and Roman.

VF, or better; off-white to white pages. The back cover shows a small bend crease near the bottom spine corner, which may or may not have broken the ink. It’s hard to tell on the white coloring. The back cover also shows some very light ink transfers near the staples.

$2

Post 13 IP   flag post
Break time is over. Here we go...again!!!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Daily Bugle #3 (direct). From the Spider-Man universe, this comic is the third issue in a 3-part limited series. The entire series was done in black and white.

VF, no better. The spine shows light wear, while the back shows some very light ink rubs near the staples, as well as one or two ink-breaking finger bends/indentations.

$2

Post 15 IP   flag post
Deathlok #6 (newsstand). This issue is Similar Machines, Part 1, featuring an appearance by The Punisher.

FN/VF, no better; off-white to white pages. Interior pages show some very light tanning along the top edges. You can see the general wear and tear with this one, including a small tear on the back near the top spine corner.

$2

Post 16 IP   flag post
Deathlok #7 (direct). This issue is Similar Machines, Part 2, featuring an appearance by The Punisher.

VF-, or better; off-white to white pages. This one also has some very light tanning inside along the top edges. A press will help this one, but I dinged the grade because of the tanning.

$2

Post 17 IP   flag post
Doom 2099 #2 (direct)

VF-, or better; off-white to white pages. Again, there's a touch of very light tanning on the interior wraps, as well as a spine/stacking roll that will press out. It is noticeable on the back.

$2

Post 18 IP   flag post
Incredible Hulk #391 (direct). This issue features an appearance by X-Factor.

FN/VF, maybe better; off-white to white pages. A clean/press will help quite a bit, especially with the back showing a couple soil spots near the top edge...some kind of gunk.

$2

Post 19 IP   flag post
Predator vs. Magnus Robot Fighter #1 (regular edition).

VF, or better; off-white to white pages. Along with a handful of small spine ticks, the front cover shows a bit of very light wear in spots along the top half of the spine from being read. A press will help a bit.

$4

Post 20 IP   flag post
Miles Morales: Spider-Man #25 (LGY #265). This is the Comic Kingdom of Canada/Inhyuk Lee variant, cover A. It is limited to 3000 copies.

NM, or better. There is a bit of very light blunting of the spine corners, and a couple very small spine ticks.

$10

Post 21 IP   flag post
The Return of Disney's Aladdin #1 (direct). I have three copies of this obscure comic. Lol

VF, or better; off-white to white pages. The interior pages show very light tanning of the top corners on all three copies. A press will help all copies as well, but I'm keeping the grade down because of the tanning. Otherwise, the comics look pretty good.

I can provide photos/scans of the others on request.

$3 (each)

Post 22 IP   flag post
Savage Dragon #2 (1992). This direct edition comic features the 1st appearance of the new Superpatriot. It also includes the original bound-in poster and a Savage Dragon trading card.

VF+, maybe better. A press will help this comic a bit, but the back shows very light ink rubs near the top spine corner. The card shows very lightly blunted corners.

$5

Post 23 IP   flag post
There are some Spider-Man, and related, comics in this small collection, so I'm throwing in some from my own collection.

Scarlet Spider #1, limited series (direct). This comic is part one of a two-part series that replaced the Spider-Man title. It features an appearance by The Pro.

VF, or better. The bottom spine corner shows a small bend crease that very lightly breaks ink on the front cover. A press will help.

$3

Post 24 IP   flag post
Scarlet Spider Unlimited #1, one-shot. This issue replaced Spider-Man Unlimited, and it features appearances by Kaine and Jackal.

VF-, or better. There are some ink rubs on the front near the UPC code. The back cover shows mild ink transfer spots along the spine and near the bottom spine corner.

$3

Post 25 IP   flag post
Sensational Spider-Man #11 (direct). This issue is Revelations, Part 2 of 4 and it features an appearance by Gaunt.

VF, or better; off-white to white pages. For me, the light ink rubs along the spine on the back drops the grade more.

$2

Post 26 IP   flag post
Sensational Spider-Man #22 (direct). The front cover is a gatefold. This issue features an appearance by Doctor Strange.

VF, or better. The top edge of both covers show very mild bend indentations that don’t break the ink. These can be pressed out.

$2

Post 27 IP   flag post
Sensational Spider-Man #23 (direct). The front cover is a gatefold. This issue features an appearance by Doctor Strange.

VF, or better. The bottom spine corner blunting has worn the paper a bit.

$2

Post 28 IP   flag post
The next two listings are being offered individually, but they can be purchased as a set. Buy the set for $60 shipped.

Silk #1 (2021 series). This variant is an Eastside Comics exclusive, Jeehyung Lee cover. It is limited to 3000 copies.

NM-, or better. The front cover shows a small scuff in the bottom left quadrant that mostly affects the gloss.

$30

Post 29 IP   flag post
Silk #1 (2021 series). This variant is an Eastside Comics exclusive, Jeehyung Lee ‘virgin’ cover. This copy is limited to 1000 copies.

NM-, or better. The front cover shows a small scuff in the bottom left quadrant that mostly affects the gloss.

$45

Post 30 IP   flag post
616241 117 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?