Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2023 - part IV19696

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Jgwalters100

You shoulda seen the truck the guy used to move the truck. It was pretty much automatic. Very little if any interaction with the actual vehicle was necessary. I'm told that that type of tow truck is especially good for repossessed cars because of how fast it can snatch a car up. Much faster than traditional flat bed.
Post 201 IP   flag post
Collector Jgwalters100 private msg quote post Address this user
It's funny it keeps getting easier and they keep charging more money.
Post 202 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
AAA was much more valuable in the pre and early internet days. Not just the roadside service, but more the DMV service. By-passing a trip to the DMV just one time is worth like 5 annual membership fees. When you handled your DMV shit at the AAA office you really felt like a VIP. But the internet has changed much of the need to go to the DMV.
Post 203 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Anybody going to S. FL ultracon?

https://ultraconofsouthflorida.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjwq4imBhBQEiwA9Nx1BscpyVSZ4D--3r-qXg6TAGzEU4SNNZgqgdqS03lJshzrHrCPTEeRyhoCN7UQAvD_BwE
Post 204 IP   flag post
Collector Jgwalters100 private msg quote post Address this user
Is the first miles morales the quickest comic to gain that amount of value in a short time. I'm in my thirties and it's the fastest I have seen but maybe I am forgetting something?
Post 205 IP   flag post

Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgwalters100
Is the first miles morales the quickest comic to gain that amount of value in a short time. I'm in my thirties and it's the fastest I have seen but maybe I am forgetting something?

Think there are other books in that category.

Cerebus 1, there were even counterfeits made.
Bone 1, walking dead 1. TMNT 1, When you take into when they came out and the value of the dollar at the time.
Post 206 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Just a heads up. If you're looking at CGC comics to review grader's notes since they no longer mention significant defects such as detached covers and centerfolds on the label, it looks like they now have scans of the book. It's helpful, especially if you're bidding at Comiclink, where it's rare that they post a back cover of the book.

https://www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/4270438003/
Post 207 IP   flag post
@flanders

I think the person paid for the service like cbcs. I just looked up a book I got back today. No pictures
Post 208 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone been on Comiclink lately?
I usually get on through DuckDuckGo and the site seems to have malware
Post 209 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I just tried through Firefox. I made it to the ComicLink page, but I soon received this message:

Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead

Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to hottest-girls-online.com. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.

What can you do about it?

The issue is most likely with the website, and there is nothing you can do to resolve it. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem.
Post 210 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson thank you. I had similar situation. Tik Tok click bate
Post 211 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmccoy74
Has anyone been on Comiclink lately?
I usually get on through DuckDuckGo and the site seems to have malware

I just had the same problem. It seems like they have a virus problem.
Post 212 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to hottest-girls-online.com

Were they as hot as you expected?
Post 213 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm able to get to ComicLink now through both Chrome and DuckDuckGo.
Post 214 IP   flag post
@DWeeB1967 yes
Thanks
Post 215 IP   flag post
Collector steveinthecity private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@flanders

I think the person paid for the service like cbcs. I just looked up a book I got back today. No pictures
They've apparently started scanning some books(not all) in order to “test some functionality”, whatever that means. Quite a few people are reporting they can view scans of their very recent submissions. One hope is this will help in catching label errors before books ship and need returned back to CGC.
Post 216 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to hottest-girls-online.com

Were they as hot as you expected?

Didn't go. Very little on the Internet is what one expects it to be.
Post 217 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveinthecity
Quote:
@flanders

They've apparently started scanning some books(not all) in order to “test some functionality”, whatever that means. Quite a few people are reporting they can view scans of their very recent submissions. One hope is this will help in catching label errors before books ship and need returned back to CGC.

The label error of my last sub was caught before it was shipped, and they were notified. Assurances were made that it would be fixed before leaving the building.
And I had to send it back, because "assurances" means something else there.
Post 218 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Post 219 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad

Where's the thumbs down button? Your vote total should be significantly less because of this.
Post 220 IP   flag post
Collector steveinthecity private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveinthecity
Quote:
@flanders

The label error of my last sub was caught before it was shipped, and they were notified. Assurances were made that it would be fixed before leaving the building.
And I had to send it back, because "assurances" means something else there.
That’s sad and ridiculous.
Post 221 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Now that we’re a bit more than half way through 2023, wondering if folks have increased or decreased their spend on comics vs last year?

You can reflect “degree” by number of votes (slightly (1), moderately (2), significantly (3)):
Post 222 IP   flag post
Vote here if increased.
Post 223 IP   flag post
Vote here if decreased.
Post 224 IP   flag post
Vote here if unchanged.
Post 225 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Now that we’re a bit more than half way through 2023, wondering if folks have increased or decreased their spend on comics vs last year?

First half of 2023 was lower than first half of 2022. My second half of 2023 will be greater than my second half of 2022. Quantity of books will be far greater, but average price point will be far lower. Overall spend will likely be greater. Very few of the books I'm buying are slabbed or slab worthy. I've kind of retreated to my early 80's days of collecting where the idea of reselling what I buy is just a distant possibility that makes collecting more interesting.
Post 226 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Where's the thumbs down button? Your vote total should be significantly less because of this.

In the early days of forum testing, there was a down vote feature. It was the consensus of those testing that the feature wasn't worth the trouble. Members could either vote 1, 2, 3, or not at all.
Post 227 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Sometimes I think things are funny to myself and then I read it and don’t know how it will be received. I’d take the down vote over anger.
Post 228 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
I found myself spending a lot more on celebrity signings this year. Casts from Back to the Future, Shazam, going to probably get two books for Lynda Carter (but debating on if I want to pre-buy an already signed Gale Gadot wonder woman and add Linda Carter to it).
Post 229 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Grading question: What kind of a hit will you take for rusted staples when the rest of the book is F+/Nm?
Post 230 IP   flag post
608070 999 30