CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2023 - part IV19696

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
And this one is going for significantly more than another 9.8 copy that you can buy for $325 on the same site.

clickable text

@esaravo @DrWatson I'm assuming it's a lot of fake bids and it'll be unpaid and relisted. The market is still trending down and these high, questionable bids don't seem to be happening at other auction sites. Maybe it's too easy to make a MCS account. I don't remember what info I had to submit since it's been years.

I'm starting to agree with you. I've bid on a couple of books with what I thought were almost crazy high bids only to be immediately out bid. I stopped bidding. At this point, there are cheaper BINs on eBay even with the sales tax.
Post 101 IP   flag post
The price on one of the books I was bidding on is now sitting at $100. I just bought a signed 9.8 copy off eBay for $75.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Quote:
And this one is going for significantly more than another 9.8 copy that you can buy for $325 on the same site.

clickable text

@esaravo @DrWatson I'm assuming it's a lot of fake bids and it'll be unpaid and relisted. The market is still trending down and these high, questionable bids don't seem to be happening at other auction sites. Maybe it's too easy to make a MCS account. I don't remember what info I had to submit since it's been years.

I'm starting to agree with you. I've bid on a couple of books with what I thought were almost crazy high bids only to be immediately out bid. I stopped bidding. At this point, there are cheaper BINs on eBay even with the sales tax.

Welp, the Modern smut portion of the auction finally ended, lol. Sure looked like the sellers of slabbed booby books have headed for the exits. I think half the modern auction had some kind of naked or almost naked woman on the cover. Now we will get to see if buyers actually pay up or if the Prime Auction was sabotaged.
Post 103 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia

We're they graded or raw?
Post 104 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

clickable text

Welp, the Modern smut portion of the auction finally ended, lol. Sure looked like the sellers of slabbed booby books have headed for the exits. I think half the modern auction had some kind of naked or almost naked woman on the cover. Now we will get to see if buyers actually pay up or if the Prime Auction was sabotaged.

In my experience, a My Comic Shop auction is the place to sell, not the place to buy.
Post 105 IP   flag post

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
In my experience, a My Comic Shop auction is the place to sell, not the place to buy.

Not sure I follow...is it because of prices or product? It did seem to me that the bar for getting into the "Prime" auction was pretty low. Probably because it has a lot of slots and space was still available as the auction got close to starting point. Same was true last year for 4th of July Prime auction.
Post 106 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Virtually any of the major venues are potentially good places to buy. All on the buyer to set their own limits on what they’re willing to pay.

Good (and bad) deals can be had across MCS, Heritage, ComicConnect and Ebay.
Post 107 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone play Call of Duty mobile? It's kinda addictive..and fun
Post 108 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Anybody have any idea where the best place to sell a John deere 6x4 gator would be? About 35 hours diesel.
Post 109 IP   flag post
Collector Jgwalters100 private msg quote post Address this user
Probably hip comic I hear the fees are lower.
Post 110 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte Ive never used them - but this might be an option

https://www.tractorhouse.com/
Post 111 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
A google search produced this:

https://www.marketbook.ca/listinginput?lp=TH&gclid=Cj0KCQjwzdOlBhCNARIsAPMwjbwJ6CrIfv7m9U8mQTX3IiO6QTD-bTc3ZoEVQEM6ypbtHTcCZi9H-MsaAmyNEALw_wcB

never used it....its a buy & sell in Florida.
Post 112 IP   flag post
Thank you guys for links. I'll pass it along and see what happens.
Post 113 IP   flag post
I have a buddy who sells a lot through Facebook Marketplace.
Post 114 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Then I have 3 CGC books from ComicLink for $35. Why such a huge difference?

I called today after winning 5 books at auction. It's $40 to ship 4-10 books and $55 to ship 11-20. Looks like I'll be trying to win another 15 books at the current auction.
Post 115 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Thank you guys for links. I'll pass it along and see what happens.
I sold 2 vehicles in the past by parking it with a for sale sign at the main entrance of a local stip mall that's busy on Saturday. There's a Giant grocery store and a Wallmart there. Sold both in one day. Don't leave overnight
Post 116 IP   flag post
@drmccoy74

It's not a car. But I definitely hear you.

It kinda looks like this. It's currently in a trailer.

Post 117 IP   flag post
Collector Jgwalters100 private msg quote post Address this user
I would try offer up. It's local and someone nearby might see it.
Post 118 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgwalters100
I would try offer up. It's local and someone nearby might see it.

Yeah I sold my daughter-in-law's and my wife's cars on OfferUp.
Post 119 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte make sure you suggest they slab it first to maximize sale price.
Post 120 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@drmccoy74

It's not a car. But I definitely hear you.

It kinda looks like this. It's currently in a trailer.

Yeah. You should have no trouble selling that. Side by sides are 🔥
Post 121 IP   flag post
What does side by side mean?
Post 122 IP   flag post
Basically a 2 seater quad guys play in th he mud with on weekends in West Virginia. It's quite popular

Post 123 IP   flag post
I see. We have a lot of rural areas where folks go "mudding" but I never really partake in those type if adventures.
Post 124 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Gators are used more for utilitarian purposes. Low speed, high torque, truck bed.
Post 125 IP   flag post
I think I asked how fast it can go once. I forget the speed but it wasn't fast enough to be street legal. Definitely not highway legal.

I looked it up.
20mph
Post 126 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Do you call it a fire fly or a lightning bug?
Post 127 IP   flag post
Around here they were called fire fly
Post 128 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I think I asked how fast it can go once. I forget the speed but it wasn't fast enough to be street legal. Definitely not highway legal.

I looked it up.
20mph

I wish i owned a ranch to use it...

right now, id drive it 10 feet to get to my mailbox. lol
Post 129 IP   flag post
So I sent in a copy of Saga #1 signed by Brian K Vaughan to be pressed, sig verified, and graded.

It was originally a MCS graded 7.5

What do you think it will come back from CBCS graded?
Just taking guesses... I'll post the grade when it comes back
Post 130 IP   flag post
608070 999 30