Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2023 - part IV19696

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
being better doesn't mean a win though...just ask Beta vs VHS

I would, but they're both dead.
Post 951 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@xkonk agreed. It don’t make sense. Until I read @Travis comment, that maybe more people might collect cgc only.

As for grading, they both seem to be equal. A 9.8 with cgc would get a 9.8 with CBCS. I’ve actually bought a few CBCS graded books done by peach Momoko, and sent them into cgc for her signing, and they came back 9.8 SS.

Then again, maybe it’s because CGC was the pioneer?
Post 952 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@multi007 "...maybe it’s because CGC was the pioneer?"

Bingo!

This is the real reason for the disparity.
Post 953 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
A 9.8 with cgc would get a 9.8 with CBCS.

Oh, not so, mon frère.
Post 954 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:

Oh, not so, mon frère.

Maybe I’ve been lucky?
Post 955 IP   flag post

I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh, not so, mon frère.

Maybe I’ve been lucky?
Yes

Until AI gets in the game it's a crap shoot.
Post 956 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I don't understand it either. It's the same book. Well, it's not exactly the same book, but it's the same issue. It's still a comic book. The simplest answer is that people are dumb. Why pay more for the same thing? Brand recognition, I suppose. But it's not like it's pasta sauce... where one tastes different than another.

It's funny. The books I always bid on in CBCS holders never seem to sell on the cheap.

I still think it has a lot to do with the cgc Registry... gotta fill those holes... win those awards.
CGC slabs have an oily taste.
Post 957 IP   flag post
Collector Jgwalters100 private msg quote post Address this user
The oily flavor is why I use them sometimes. I feel like it adds value.
Post 958 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Any added value is really just empty calories....connoisseurs know where the gourmet flavour is.
Post 959 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I prefer to cook with CBCS slabs because of the lower melting point.
Post 960 IP   flag post
Collector Jgwalters100 private msg quote post Address this user
I think that's a really good point. The science that's being dropped here tonight is a revolution in the comics grading game.
Post 961 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgwalters100
I think that's a really good point. The science that's being dropped here tonight is a revolution in the comics grading game.

It's like a Science Fair up in here tonight.
Post 962 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Crack it, don't break it. That's the key. Otherwise you get pieces of plastic in the frying pan.
Post 963 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
From MyComicShop.

"30% off graphic novels in our Surprise Spring Sale! Ends Wed 8pm Central. Excludes new releases."
Post 964 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O Yep saw that. Thanks! 🍻
Post 965 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
What kind of time is it these days that books are marked as “received” after a con drop off?
Post 966 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
What kind of time is it these days that books are marked as “received” after a con drop off?
because they took possession?
Post 967 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
because they took possession?
Yeah
Post 968 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
I dropped of my last submission at a con on December 3rd, and it showed up as received about 3 working days later. The date on the invoice was the 3rd, the actual drop-off date, not the entered date.
Post 969 IP   flag post
My VSP plus grade was completed almost 3 months to the day after submission.
Post 970 IP   flag post
Thanks for the reference @sportshort.
Post 971 IP   flag post
Collector Vrishnak private msg quote post Address this user
Is it unusual to be in "HeatSeal" for more than a week?
Post 972 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@Vrishnak Mine were just recently. Maybe close to 2 weeks. Then... poof... they were completed and ready to be shipped.
Post 973 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Anybody sell comics on Reddit? Just curious if it was worth trying it 🤔
Post 974 IP   flag post
@MutantMania it’s a risk…. At least eBay has some protections. MCS has more protections.
Post 975 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@MutantMania it’s a risk…. At least eBay has some protections. MCS has more protections.

Thanks for responding. Yeah I currently use ebay, MCS, and a couple other places. Just not moving enough and I have over 10k with me at home.
Maybe it's time to find a partner who does shows and stuff alot.
I'm just not getting any younger or healthier.
Post 976 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
?
Post 977 IP   flag post
@MutantMania depends what your goal is. You can send in a bunch to MCS and put them on their auction. Or set a buy it now price with them and see how it goes, and if they don’t sell right away, lower the price as the months tick by little by little.

Another option not mentioned, but you get the lowest prices though… put out your list of books for a “buy it all for one price”. The offers will be low balls, or they’ll only be interested in the higher value books.

If you have 10k books, I’d probably start by sending them in to MCS and put them up on their auctions. Get rid of the bigger ones first.
Post 978 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Is the new ghostbusters movie any good?
Post 979 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Is the new ghostbusters movie any good?
I’m not sure. I heard Ace 2 is slammin.
Post 980 IP   flag post
608070 999 30