Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2023 - part IV19696

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Handy mans corner!!
Home reno underway but a few things we need to provide. Our new tub did not come with an overflow cover but I've never seen this type of hookup..normally its just a little fitting with 2 screws and then the cover screws into that. Anyone seen this setup before? Does it have a name I should be googling? Can't for the life of me find something that would snap on

Overflow covers are purely aesthetic anyway. Skip the cover, just dangle your antique razors from the protrusions so they will be right there when you want to shave your legs in your fancy new tub.
Post 851 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics

For further technical assistance, call 1-800-MIROLIN (1-800-647-6546).

https://mirolin.com/contact-us/
Post 852 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@KatKomics

yeah..I e-mail them and they just said that model didn't come with a cover and that it was 'additional purchase from alternate brand'
just crazy - would have thought the tub would have come with at least a standard chrome one.

Nothing I've seen seems like it would work - even the ones @Davethebrave linked to.

I figure since the reno isn't done we'll see what the guys suggest but I may silicone or epoxy a traditional plate in and go from there!

just the oddest thing - not that I have much experience but this is a different setup than the normal one just about every tub I've ever seen has! (or some variation on it)

Post 853 IP   flag post
maybe...maybe..this is it?
Looks like this kit uses the old plate to hold the clip on assembly where mine just has the clip on base as part of the tub?
Hate things on-line - would love to get one in-store in person so I could try it out and if it didn't fit just return with no shipping BS etc.

I must be getting old - I think this is the stupidest thing ever if this is really what is going on - and for a tub manufacturer to handcuff you to a new style that it appears no vendors really carry - and maybe even my install guys as the overflow drain does not have the standard screws - but maybe they did that because the tub had the built in fitting - I don't know.
It's too late to have a drink so instead I'll just curse at the world over and over in my mind!!!

Post 854 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@KatKomics

yeah..I e-mail them and they just said that model didn't come with a cover and that it was 'additional purchase from alternate brand'

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Did you ask them who the alternate brand was? There's no way you are the only person who has had this question.
Post 855 IP   flag post

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics I agree with @DrWatson. That is very dumb. They are essentially selling incomplete bathtubs. WTF?! I've never heard of this before. Good luck on your search!
Post 856 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@KatKomics

just crazy - would have thought the tub would have come with at least a standard chrome one.

Nothing I've seen seems like it would work - even the ones @Davethebrave linked to.

I figure since the reno isn't done we'll see what the guys suggest but I may silicone or epoxy a traditional plate in and go from there!

just the oddest thing - not that I have much experience but this is a different setup than the normal one just about every tub I've ever seen has! (or some variation on it)

Are you sure OSB isn’t the one you need? You’re Canadian. They’re Canadian. Based on this rough-in kit the connection looks like it may be a match…

https://www.osb.ca/products/waste-overflow/testable-rough-ins/offset/7030tdri-k.php#tab-downloads-certification
Post 857 IP   flag post
@Davethebrave yeah...that rough-in kit looks the same!!
Off to find OSB trim?

@DrWatson yep..emailed to see what alternate they suggest..long weekend here though so I don't expect an answer till Tuesday at the earliest
Post 858 IP   flag post
Ya know... it's a small thing but thanks everyone for your handyman help!!
Who could say their comic chat site solved a home hardware issue!!

If no one has told you today you guys are the best!!
Post 859 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
What are the grading rules for something like a Comic Shop News?
It's basically a comic book newspaper
Post 860 IP   flag post
Has anyone purchased from Comic Connect before? If so, how was the shipping cost? Was it as expected/normal/average? Or was it really high? I know shipping to Canada will be more than within the US but just trying to manage my expectations.

I can't seem to locate information on international shipping from CC.
Post 861 IP   flag post
They are Metropolis. Shipping takes three to four weeks in the US. Check Metro's shipping rates on their website. They should be the same. I've bought repeatedly from Metro, but I've never officially bought from CC.
Post 862 IP   flag post
@DrWatson Thanks! Appreciate the advice.
Post 863 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
https://bnnbreaking.com/breaking-news/crime/brothers-admit-to-23m-usps-insurance-scam-a-cautionary-tale-of-fraud-and-its-consequences
Post 864 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

I didn't see a shipping rate either site. You'll probably have to create an order to see what the shipping charge would be. That would be a lot quicker than asking.
Post 865 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

I didn't see a shipping rate either site. You'll probably have to create an order to see what the shipping charge would be. That would be a lot quicker than asking.

Yes, I did just that. $16US shipping charge. Very reasonable. I made my purchase. 🍻
Post 866 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
The weirdest thing happened...

I bought a collectable (one of those 3 inch miniature tv's that play a few minutes of clips from a tv show - in this case, Friends. Got it for my wife. Here's an example... (this isnt the seller)

clickable text

This isnt the seller but this is the item I bought. It came in the mail poorly packaged. The LCD screen was damaged. And would not play. I emailed the seller about it and she said "I'm a small business, I cant afford the return". I felt bad so i said "I'll do the return anyway but i'll put $5 cash in the box to cover your cost of return shipping". She never replied to me again - completely ghosted me. Her store was one of those "mama's attics" type stores that sold old collectable spoons for like $4 each and baby shoes for $5... So started the return. eBay provided the label. I shipped the item the next day with the $5 dollar bill inside. It was delivered. Several days later, eBay stepped in and refunded my money.

This is the weird part. 6 days later, i get the same box box in the mail via USPS Priority Mail. She put a new shipping label over MY return label, and had a few priority mail stickers all over the box. Also, she never opened the box - My note of apology AND the $5 bill was still inside.

So not only did she lose the original sale, she paid for the return shipping, AND she PAID another $8 to ship it BACK to me...

This happened 2 weeks ago. Haven't heard anything since. I haven't messaged her and dont plan to.

Such a weird experience. Anyone have something like this happen?
Post 867 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
My buddy gave me a bunch of raw books to sell. If they are under 200$ in value per book, does it make sense to press before sending it to mycomicshop.com?

What should the approximate value cutoff be before pressing and then sending?
Post 868 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
My buddy gave me a bunch of raw books to sell. If they are under 200$ in value per book, does it make sense to press before sending it to mycomicshop.com?

I personally would not press a book that was going to be submitted raw to MCS. I would only press books that were going to be slabbed. When I buy raw books at MCS I assume it’s very unlikely that they were ever pressed.
Post 869 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia

Thank you

That makes my life much easier
Post 870 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

I personally would not press a book that was going to be submitted raw to MCS. I would only press books that were going to be slabbed. When I buy raw books at MCS I assume it’s very unlikely that they were ever pressed.

Quote:
@EbayMafia

Thank you

You know what would be hilarious? Pressing some raw books to send to them. It would throw off their whole equilibrium with how they grade raw books they sell. They won’t hit em hard and the buyers won’t be able to milk their teat. Mmmmmmmmmmm, yyyeeeessss, devious.

Edit: correction for my brain.
Post 871 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
I just realized a feature on the Forum website I was not aware of. Only seem to work for PC users. If you move your mouse over the time of last post then you can see what the last post was without having to enter the thread.

Post 872 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
@EbayMafia

Thank you

You know what would be hilarious? Pressing some raw books to send to them. It would throw off their whole equilibrium with how they grade raw books they sell. They won’t hit em hard and the buyers won’t be able to milk their teat. Mmmmmmmmmmm, yyyeeeessss, devious.

But wouldn't the raw grade reflect the @HeinzDad lab treatment? Bringing less low hanging milk to the teat?
Post 873 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cli4dR3D0g
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
@EbayMafia

Thank you

But wouldn't the raw grade reflect the @HeinzDad lab treatment? Bringing less low hanging milk to the teat?
Thats where the anarchy officially begins. All these buyers’ll be hittin them up like, “why isn’t there any milk anymore?”. All of the sudden MCS pres will send out some pity email like that CGC fella.
Post 874 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user

Post 875 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
When selling low value books (Between $100 to $200), where have you received the higher price from?

MyComicShop or Ebay?

Curious if anyone has noticed a variance in price between the two.
Post 876 IP   flag post
If you list your book with MCS, it ends up on eBay as well.
Post 877 IP   flag post
@DrWatson Im thinking about sending a batch to MCS for their next auction. Never done auction with them before...
Post 878 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
@DrWatson Im thinking about sending a batch to MCS for their next auction. Never done auction with them before...
I
believe @DrWatson was saying list them there not auction them. I have personally won comics at a fraction of thier FMV at MCS auctions. You may take a bath if you risk auction vs list price.
Post 879 IP   flag post
@drmccoy74 ok thanks. I think i'll put some on MCS for the lowest price among its peers first. Then do a price drop every couple of weeks. others i'll try out the auction.
Post 880 IP   flag post
608070 999 30