Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2023 - part IV19696

Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Nothing better than bears, but don’t scare them with ferocious Giant Panda’s.

Post 726 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@Jgwalters100

I'm worse than you think. I used to give all the women at work bears for the holidays. I mean over 10 years over a 100 animals have been given. I used to have a bear "pusher" that used to work with me for bulk purchases. I spread my bears like a plague during the dark days of man.....

Why just the women? I like bears.

To be honest, most stereotypical men do not like teddy bears. Historically I also tend to get along with women easier than men.

I do give them to children regardless of sex especially newborns if that counts.....
Post 727 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Just sent in the below books for Signature Verification.

Just some odds and ends that I had in my collection.

Post 728 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user

Post 729 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
@poka is that Hulk #180, the ad previewing Wolverine, controversial amongst collectors and sellers of 1st appearance.
Post 730 IP   flag post

You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by makahuka
@poka is that Hulk #180, the ad previewing Wolverine, controversial amongst collectors and sellers of 1st appearance.

Wolverine actually appears (a speaking, full body shot) in the very last frame of #180. I wonder if this ad is from another book? Like we need more "first appearance of Wolverine" disagreement. 😄

Post 731 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Quote:

Wolverine actually appears (a speaking, full body shot) in the very last frame of #180. I wonder if this ad is from another book? Like we need more "first appearance of Wolverine" disagreement. 😄

Wouldn't that just be a cameo? 1 panel doesn't make 1st appearance to me.
Post 732 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67

@makahuka was asking about the house ad posted by @poka. I was just clarifying how much of Wolverine actually appears in Hulk #180. I'd be surprised if both the next issue blurb for Wolverine and the house ad about Wolverine both appeared in Hulk #180 but maybe they did. I traded away my copy decades ago so I can't verify.

I have no desire to dig up the "which appearance is the first appearance" discussion again. 🙂
Post 733 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I know there's a daredevil book that when up for sale they advertise the ad as yhe first appearance pre-dating IH180.
Post 734 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Quote:

Darkseid's first appearance is a face on a computer screen in Jimmy Olsen 134.
Post 735 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
The word “cameo“ should only apply to an established character or someone recognizable from a prior appearance…
Post 736 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Anybody have any idea what heading these books are found in gpa?

I looked under daredevil and the little wise guys. No luck.

Post 737 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Anybody have any idea what heading these books are found in gpa?

I looked under daredevil and the little wise guys. No luck.

type Daredevil 1941
Post 738 IP   flag post
Thank you very much!!!
Post 739 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I know there's a daredevil book that when up for sale they advertise the ad as yhe first appearance pre-dating IH180.

Both a Daredevil and Thor book. I think DD 114 and Thor 229. They would pre-date 181 but it would be odd if they pre-dated 180.
Post 740 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Both a Daredevil and Thor book. I think DD 114 and Thor 229. They would pre-date 181 but it would be odd if they pre-dated 180.

Right on all counts....pre-dating IH181.

EDIT: It's Daredevil 115.

Post 741 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

A couple years ago I had a senior moment and got it in my head that the ads were the very first images of Wolverine. I rushed to the internet and kind of over-paid to quickly pick up high-grade copies of each (before the rest of the world figured out the secret). Then one day it just dawned on me that they were ads for 181 and couldn't logically predate 180, which would be the true first image.
Post 742 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

from Thor 229 which again could lead to the conclusion that marvel at that time considered 181 to be first appearance or that cameo was not something people were into at that time
Post 743 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

A couple years ago I had a senior moment and got it in my head that the ads were the very first images of Wolverine. I rushed to the internet and kind of over-paid to quickly pick up high-grade copies of each (before the rest of the world figured out the secret). Then one day it just dawned on me that they were ads for 181 and couldn't logically predate 180, which would be the true first image.

Yes, I can relate hence my senior moment as well with my posts above on 180/181...I too considered buying those books for the ads but ultimately did not. I tried to anticipate if the market will consider an advertisement for a character AS desirable (or even desirable at all) as the true comic story appearance....I may have even asked the question in this forum back in 2014/2015. I decided that for me, it wasn't something I really cared for and didn't buy.
Post 744 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
The word “cameo“ should only apply to an established character or someone recognizable from a prior appearance…

Agreed. That's always been my argument. The actual definition of the word. An already well-known person/character making an appearance. "First appearance" is just that...the first time someone appears. Like Wolverine in IH180.
Post 745 IP   flag post
Found this statement in an eBay listing.

Case may have Newtown rings on the front plastic due to pressing done while being authenticated by the CGC, in no way affects the comic book itself!

I'm not sure they know exactly what it is they're selling let alone describing, lol.
Post 746 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Found this statement in an eBay listing.

Case may have Newtown rings on the front plastic due to pressing done while being authenticated by the CGC, in no way affects the comic book itself!

I'm not sure they know exactly what it is they're selling let alone describing, lol.

Yeah, they sound confused. "May have Newton rings"???
Post 747 IP   flag post
@Nearmint67 It does have Newton rings. You can see them in the pictures.
Post 748 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Soooo...how do the MCS sale codes work?
Are the sale codes only good on non-consignment books?
I know there is a max $$ for the discount - i.e. 10% will only get you $100 off even if it's a $2000 book
Say I have 1000 on credit but I want to but a book worth 3000 - so net I owe 2000 can I still apply the code and only owe 1900??

Or....should I just email Este!!

Probably eh?
Post 749 IP   flag post
There's usually a specified set of books mentioned in the newsletter along with the discount code.

The Weekly Sale Codeword for the week of December 12-- December 19, 2023 (sales end and start at approximately 8PM Central Time) is ALPHA

This week you'll save another 5% to 10% in sale groups Marvel M-Z titles, Batman titles, Gold Key comics, and Horror titles in our back issue comics selection. To get the extra back issue discount, go to http://www.mycomicshop.com/onsale and enter the weekly codeword! Then you can start placing items in your cart!
Post 750 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Soooo...how do the MCS sale codes work?
Are the sale codes only good on non-consignment books

Yes the discount only applies to non-consignment books. Only books specifically owned by MCS.
Post 751 IP   flag post
thanks!! @DrWatson @DWeeB1967
Just as I suspected!
I'll need to wait for Marvel A - N though!

Have my eye on a book- and any little bit of savings is a good thing!
Post 752 IP   flag post
If you only eat a person 1 time...are you a cannibal forever?
Post 753 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
If you only eat a person 1 time...are you a cannibal forever?

Only if it's not in jerky form.
Post 754 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I can't say what I'm thinking. I'd get in trouble lol!
Post 755 IP   flag post
607106 999 30