CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2023 - part IV19696

" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briten
@Davethebrave Thank you for reinforcing my reason not to purchase.

Everything depends on price

I might agree except it sounds like it’s a public listing. If so, it isn’t worth buying something at a fair market value that is not what you want in your collection.

If it (a high volume book like ASM129) was offered at a steal of a deal for what it is, it would already be gone. So no opportunity to buy to flip without a time commitment. Sounds like Briten is looking for a book to keep.
Post 51 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Price and grade
Post 52 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briten
@Davethebrave Thank you for reinforcing my reason not to purchase.

Everything depends on price

I might agree except it sounds like it’s a public listing. If so, it isn’t worth buying something at a fair market value that is not what you want in your collection.

If it (a high volume book like ASM129) was offered at a steal of a deal for what it is, it would already be gone. So no opportunity to buy to flip without a time commitment. Sounds like Briten is looking for a book to keep.
Ive purchased a CGC 9.4 modern that was well under fmv. I was not happy with it and should not have settled. The multiple spine breaks and bad NRs were more glaring in hand. I sold it and have since replaced it with a very nice raw copy that may still be a 9.4, but presents much better.

The shiny plastic got me..
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Cleveland doesn’t really rock. Trust me dudes.

It used to rock back in the early 90s in the Flats. They also had a great Indy Car race on the Burke Lk airport. I used to have a lot of fun there.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
I really liked 2nd episode of Secret Invasion. Looks promising!
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector Jgwalters100 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 56 IP   flag post
Never seen this comic before. Issue #3 has a 100k list value. Some of the comics I have never heard of are worth quite a bit.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Is it just me or it cool that the Punisher’s only super power is being a U.S Marine?
Post 58 IP   flag post
Slab sales actually doing well.

hip comics sales less so - lol

Post 59 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Question for experienced sellers of multiple platforms…

Where have you gotten the highest prices (to sell) ?

MCS, EBAY, COMICLINK?

Thanks
Post 60 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
Question for experienced sellers of multiple platforms…

Where have you gotten the highest prices (to sell) ?

MCS, EBAY, COMICLINK?

Thanks

there is no single answer to that question. all depends what you try to sell, your risk appetite and fees

eg Walt disney’s comics and stories - highest prices are normally achieved with HA

what are you planning to sell?
Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector Retired_11B private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone collect any specialty variant covers? I have been looking into some of the DF signed series and those signed by stars (right now it's Alice Cooper).

I am not looking at flipping these, they will be for my personal collection. I guess I am just looking to see if anyone else, or has thought about them.
Post 62 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
I picked up a dynamic forces issues to keep until I flip. Lol
Post 63 IP   flag post
@poka I own two Looney Tunes first appearance of Wiley coyote 7,0. And 7.5 Right now on eBay. (Picked those up a while ago in preparation for the movie release to flip.

Plus I’ve got a bunch of $100 -
$300 books also up there.

Edit: I know I’m on the high end right now.
Post 64 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Constantine 2 update

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/constantine-2-surprising-update-still-development-writer-reveals/
Post 65 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Constantine 2 update

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/constantine-2-surprising-update-still-development-writer-reveals/
do you think think they waited long enough? I thought the first one was good.
Post 66 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@HulkSmash
Personally although he didn't match a comic book accurate constantine I thought it was really good. I actually bought the DVD I liked it so much. The only thing I didn't like was Shia. That guy is annoying wherever he goes.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user

Anyone else excited to resume egging cars and houses now that prices have settled down?
Post 68 IP   flag post
I've been waiting. I have a few neighbors that have been on the list.
Post 69 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired_11B
Does anyone collect any specialty variant covers? I have been looking into some of the DF signed series and those signed by stars (right now it's Alice Cooper).

I am not looking at flipping these, they will be for my personal collection. I guess I am just looking to see if anyone else, or has thought about them.

These are all DF signed books I bought from them (raw) off their website many years ago.

Post 70 IP   flag post
Quote:
@poka I own two Looney Tunes first appearance of Wiley coyote 7,0. And 7.5 Right now on eBay. (Picked those up a while ago in preparation for the movie release to flip.

difficult to sell and your price probably on the high end given 9.6 sold for $1200

honestly - not sure where i would sell those.
Post 71 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

difficult to sell and your price probably on the high end given 9.6 sold for $1200

honestly - not sure where i would sell those.

True. But I guess it depends on the popularity of the movie. Market might catch up to my asking price. Its a rather rare book so the price could pop. I was thinking Heritage but not sure.
Post 72 IP   flag post
Traeger pellet smoker at Amazon
424$

https://a.co/d/djMyXDA
Post 73 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Are shipping & handling charges another way to grab money from customers? I have 28 bagged and boarded books being shipped to me from TFAW for $14. Then I have 3 CGC books from ComicLink for $35. Why such a huge difference? Because of the box size and weight or greed? It just seems some places take advantage of the customers especially with some of the "buyer premium" costs. Heritage Auctions charge around 20% for comics. I just saw a piece of art for sale with these conditions, "25% on the first $300,000 (minimum $49), plus 20% of any amount between $300,000 and $3,000,000, plus 15% of any amount over $3,000,000 per lot". Comicconnect has around 15% as well.

I mostly try to buy from ComicLink and mycomicshop because at least have a low 3% buyers premium.
*I'm mostly just venting
Post 74 IP   flag post
Avoid buyers premium by paying venmo or check at mycomicshop.com for large purchases it can save a few bux
Post 75 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
You can also pay by check or money order at ComicLink and have the buyer's premium waived.

But, to answer your original question, @OGJackster, yes, I believe that, while the cost of shipping has increased, shipping charges are just one more way that customers get shafted.
Post 76 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Are shipping & handling charges another way to grab money from customers? I have 28 bagged and boarded books being shipped to me from TFAW for $14. Then I have 3 CGC books from ComicLink for $35. Why such a huge difference? Because of the box size and weight or greed? It just seems some places take advantage of the customers especially with some of the "buyer premium" costs. Heritage Auctions charge around 20% for comics. I just saw a piece of art for sale with these conditions, "25% on the first $300,000 (minimum $49), plus 20% of any amount between $300,000 and $3,000,000, plus 15% of any amount over $3,000,000 per lot". Comicconnect has around 15% as well.

I mostly try to buy from ComicLink and mycomicshop because at least have a low 3% buyers premium.
*I'm mostly just venting

If you have a FedEx account number, I was told you can use that to ship with ComicLink. I'll find out as I struck out the shipping charge on my last order and replaced it with my FedEx account number. If they won't use it, I'm done with ComicLink. It's been a month since my last win and payment and they'll still haven't shipped the books.

MCS is going to be my go to place of purchase. I still buy off of eBay, but the sales tax is a pain in the ass. I won't touch anything on Heritage, as to quote Depeche Mode, "The grabbing hands grab all they can. All for themselves after all."

Dalerobertscomics.com is my favorite non-auction site.
Post 77 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
It's been a month since my last win and payment and they'll still haven't shipped the books.

Yea, ComicLink tends to take way too long to ship, IMO. Even when I've paid with CC immediately after a win in the past it has still taken up to two months before I've received the book(s) that I've purchased. I get that they sell a lot of books but that still seems nuts.
Post 78 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Any ideas why this book appears to be increasing in value? It can’t be movie related.

clickable text
Post 79 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
uh..... Its a yellow cover dude, duh.
Post 80 IP   flag post
608070 999 30