Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2023 - part IV19696

Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user

Here'a few others.
Post 701 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67

I prefer the plastic variety. This is a set of 20 with free ship.

https://officialcomicproline.com/products/graded-comic-box-corrugated-plastic-bundle-of-20?variant=43455994953879
Post 702 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I'm currently frazzled mentally from a bunch of stuff in my life and I can't think straight. A buddy of mine has a sister that just had a tumor removed from her lung. It is not known if it is breast cancer or lung cancer. (She is stage 4 breast cancer currently.) Her prognosis is dire. Any suggestions on what I can do for my friend? I try and be there but im not thinking straight and i dont know what to say or do, I was thinking maybe flowers? Thoughts?
Post 703 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte - Honestly, I can't think of anything either. That is so difficult and personal that everything else seems trivial. Having said that, I believe that flowers are always a great go-to.

P.S. Very sorry for your friend. It happens to too many people.
Post 704 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte I don't know if you're religious or not (no need to answer) but I find comfort in prayer and the belief in God.

Give this a listen.

clickable text
Post 705 IP   flag post

Collector Jgwalters100 private msg quote post Address this user
All you can do is let your friend know you are there for him if he needs anything. When life is that hard there isn't any help really. Just knowing we have support is all anyone really needs. Unless there are obvious things. Rides food, money etc.
Post 706 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte - Just be the same person/friend that you have always been. Keep in contact, be someone they can talk to, be a good listener, and offer help and hope.
Post 707 IP   flag post
Much of what is said above. I'm stage 4, and just having the family, friends, and the forum help. If they want to talk listen. I find for myself, If a person acts normal, even though there's vile thing happening to my body, I feel comfortable, and normal around everyone. I do get help going to the LCCS, and other things, but when just hanging out, get togethers, movies, concerts etc. everyone around seems normal. My family and friends still treat me as if I'm healthy, and that feels right for me. All cancer patients are different, and have different needs, so listening is important.
Post 708 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte about all you can do is what everyone here has already suggested (and what you said you were already doing)... just be the same friend you've been for them. Just support them however they need support.
Post 709 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
I feel kind of like a heartless jackass asking this question after @Bronte asked how to help his friend but...

If submitting to CBCS for reholdering only, how do I handle that online? Is this another "write on the form" submission item?
Post 710 IP   flag post
@makahuka

I hope your cancer goes into remission. One day hopefully cancer will be a thing of the past.
Post 711 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
I feel kind of like a heartless jackass asking this question after @Bronte asked how to help his friend but...

If submitting to CBCS for reholdering only, how do I handle that online? Is this another "write on the form" submission item?

No need to...this is comic book forum.

Hit the Submit Comics button then the Re-holder button and go from there.

Enter the comic slab serial #

Post 712 IP   flag post
Thanks @GAC.
Post 713 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Thanks @GAC.

Anytime! 🍻
Post 714 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte be there for him. Reach out daily if he is receptive. Answer if he calls. Go if he invites you. The best thing you can do is be there for him to talk to. Good luck and I’m praying for a miraculous recovery. 🙏
Post 715 IP   flag post
Collector Travis private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte take your friend out to a movie or just out bowling or somewhere that they don’t normally do better yet if they like comics drive out of town to a different comic shop not only you that needs to take your mind of your friends sister but they do too. Trust me I been through it you just want to get away for a few hours it’s horrible to sit and watch a loved one slowly pass away from cancer. It makes you want them to be pain free and it’s a guilt feeling when they pass because you knew it was coming and your releaveied that they aren’t suffering any more but makes you feel like shit because you thought about them dieing and not suffering and being in pain anymore it’s really a shit time anyway you look at it. It’s hard to explain for anyone who hasn’t been through it I don’t know if it’s called survivor guilt or what but it sure does mentally screw with a person. So if you can take your friend out for a few hours it might take their mind off of things for a little bit. But when your out don’t talk about cancer or nothing just fun stuff unless your friend brings it up first then just let them know if they need anyone to talk to about it just be there because they might not have a person to talk to about it. It’s a dam tuff thing to go through wish it on nobody
Post 716 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte Just be there for him.
Post 717 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte My best friend is very sick and I always tell him that my thoughts and prayers are with him. I text him regularly and call him when he is healthy enough to talk. I keep it really simple on his bad days as he gets very confused at times. I saw him last week and he could barely hold a conversation with me. It tore me up however I stayed strong around him. I also interact with his mom and sister to show support.
Post 718 IP   flag post
Thank you everyone for your input. It's going to be a rough ride, but I appreciate the words of wisdom and advice. =)
Post 719 IP   flag post
So apparently my friends sister hasn't lost her sense of humor. I gifted her a couple of teddy bears to watch over her while she goes through chemo and such. Apparently I was just told that I am late on child support. Being the baby daddy of her 2 bears. Lol
Post 720 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
So apparently my friends sister hasn't lost her sense of humor. I gifted her a couple of teddy bears to watch over her while she goes through chemo and such. Apparently I was just told that I am late on child support. Being the baby daddy of her 2 bears. Lol

That's great man, sounds like they are sending a message that they appreciate your being involved and your thoughtfulness. I would say just stay engaged, which can be kind of hard to do. From my experience it's hard because we don't have the perfect words. We don't want to always be asking "how are things going", or otherwise putting our friend in a position of feeling that they need to update us or explain recent developments. When my older friend went through this last year with his wife, I would call to check on how he is doing, not how she is doing. He appreciated the opportunity to articulate his emotions, and eventually the conversation would often come around to updates on her condition. He didn't reach out to me much, but I think it's because he didn't want to dump on me. He appreciated my checking in, and I probably should have done it more regularly. That's another thing that's difficult, trying to figure out how much is too much.
Post 721 IP   flag post
Collector Jgwalters100 private msg quote post Address this user
Never figured you as a deadbeat bear father. Oh well
Post 722 IP   flag post
@Jgwalters100

I'm worse than you think. I used to give all the women at work bears for the holidays. I mean over 10 years over a 100 animals have been given. I used to have a bear "pusher" that used to work with me for bulk purchases. I spread my bears like a plague during the dark days of man.....
Post 723 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
I dropped of 5 books at L.A. comic-con. I noticed that it will cost 30 dollars to ship them back to me. How many books can be shipped back to me for 30 dollars? Maybe I should have increased my submission by a few books if I knew the max number of books that can be shipped for the 30 dollars.
Post 724 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Jgwalters100

I'm worse than you think. I used to give all the women at work bears for the holidays. I mean over 10 years over a 100 animals have been given. I used to have a bear "pusher" that used to work with me for bulk purchases. I spread my bears like a plague during the dark days of man.....

Why just the women? I like bears.
Post 725 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Nothing better than bears, but don’t scare them with ferocious Giant Panda’s.

Post 726 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
Quote:
@Jgwalters100

Why just the women? I like bears.

To be honest, most stereotypical men do not like teddy bears. Historically I also tend to get along with women easier than men.

I do give them to children regardless of sex especially newborns if that counts.....
Post 727 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Just sent in the below books for Signature Verification.

Just some odds and ends that I had in my collection.

Post 728 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user

Post 729 IP   flag post
@poka is that Hulk #180, the ad previewing Wolverine, controversial amongst collectors and sellers of 1st appearance.
Post 730 IP   flag post
608070 999 30