Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2023 - part IV19696

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
It won't count against the grade. There's a blue million 9.8s with slight mis-wraps.
Post 676 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Any chance you could photo one outside the bag? Otherwise I can’t see a roll and would agree with the above post. The one looks like it could be rolled on the back cover but I can’t tell.

I took a cursory look and discovered that The long box they are in is not at the top (sheesh), I will try again tomorrow.
Post 677 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Any chance you could photo one outside the bag? Otherwise I can’t see a roll and would agree with the above post. The one looks like it could be rolled on the back cover but I can’t tell.

I took a cursory look and discovered that The long box they are in is not at the top (sheesh), I will try again tomorrow.
First world struggles kick ass! We just gotta remind ourselves to appreciate em.
Post 678 IP   flag post
Collector DSTransmissions private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all. First-time poster so apologies in advance if I get any of the etiquette wrong

I'm a collector of Grant Morrison stuff and was recently looking at newsstand versions of his run on JLA (1997).

I can find plenty of pics and listings for issue #1 and #5 onwards, but nothing at all for issues #2-4. There's no listings for them on Mile High, the GCD, eBay or Worthpoint (tho their search function leaves a little to be desired...)

Does anyone know if newsstand versions of JLA issues #2, 3 and 4 actually exist?

An ideal answer would be something like "Yes they do, here's a pic"
Post 679 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
If God can do anything, why can He not forgive Satan?
Post 680 IP   flag post

" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

I -can- do many things that I ultimately -choose- not to do.
Post 681 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

The Google machine doesn't result any passages where Satan requested forgiveness, let alone being denied.
Post 682 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Did Satan do something wrong??
Post 683 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

I forgive you.
Post 684 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

I forgive you.

lol..

Why when people score a goal or a touchdown or win etc. do they point up as if for thanks and not down??

Post 685 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
So I have a question. I won an art piece from an imax giveaway. It prolly isn't worth anything because the film isn't very successful. But I kinda feel like the art needs to be treated special given the artist and her heritage.

I have no idea what it looks like because my past luck in unrolling posters has led to unwanted creases. Should I just send this in to get it graded and let cgc unravel the mystery prize?

Here is all I know of the prize.

KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON art sweepstakes. We’re sending you limited, numbered, special-edition artwork made especially for the film and signed by artist Addie Roanhorse.

Edit

Assuming cgc grades movie posters. I emailed asking them.
Post 686 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
So I have a question. I won an art piece from an imax giveaway. It prolly isn't worth anything because the film isn't very successful. But I kinda feel like the art needs to be treated special given the artist and her heritage.

I have no idea what it looks like because my past luck in unrolling posters has led to unwanted creases. Should I just send this in to get it graded and let cgc unravel the mystery prize?

Here is all I know of the prize.

KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON art sweepstakes. We’re sending you limited, numbered, special-edition artwork made especially for the film and signed by artist Addie Roanhorse.

Edit

Assuming cgc grades movie posters. I emailed asking them.

That’s what I would do…. Send it in. Let them take it from there.
Post 687 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte - Check this link out. Is it the same one as yours?

clickable text
Post 688 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo

I didn't want to open mine because I know I'll crease it. But mine is suppossed to be signed and numbered. I'm not sure if it's the same print, but if it is, it's basically not worth much.

I just feel bad because the Indian culture isn't well represented, and I don't want to just discard the poster if the artist is significant to their culture.
Post 689 IP   flag post
So I must have the strangest father out there. I have to take him to get blood drawn tomorrow. The guy is barely coherent at this point due to age, but he asks me if I have 10 bux. I ask why? He said he likes to tip the lady who draws blood. I forgot that is something he always does.

Gotta stop by bank before the appointment.
Post 690 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
So I must have the strangest father out there. I have to take him to get blood drawn tomorrow. The guy is barely coherent at this point due to age, but he asks me if I have 10 bux. I ask why? He said he likes to tip the lady who draws blood. I forgot that is something he always does.

Gotta stop by bank before the appointment.

Enjoy the hell out of that @Bronte! Hope yall have a great day together!
Post 691 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone seen the new Madam Web Trailer?

Post 692 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
He said he likes to tip the lady who draws blood. I forgot that is something he always does.

I like him already!

Quote:
I just feel bad because the Indian culture isn't well represented, and I don't want to just discard the poster if the artist is significant to their culture.

There's a pretty large spectrum of options between discarding the poster and sending it to CGC for grading. Why not just keep it as is and not worry about preserving it in pristine condition? The way we used to enjoy things before we encased everything in plastic.
Post 693 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia

Very solid point. I think you are right. I'll just hold onto it. Who knows I might run into a native American fan that might appreciate it in my future.

Thank you for your counsel.
Post 694 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone use Overstreet Access for their collection? If so, would you recommend it?
Post 695 IP   flag post
If you identify a UFO...is it just an FO?
Post 696 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Yes...and if it's identified while parked then it's just an O.
Post 697 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Don't know if many of you live near the DMV but there is a huge black Friday event at "To Be Continued...." comics in Crofton, Maryland today which is about smack dab in the middle of Washington DC and Baltimore MD. Great store and huge deals today!
Post 698 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

Yes...and if it's identified while parked then it's just an O.

Actually, it would be an ILO; identified landed object.
Post 699 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know of a better deal on storage boxes for graded books than this?

https://www.amazon.com/Bundle-Graded-Comic-Storage-Boxes/dp/B01M1P2RP6/ref=asc_df_B01M1P2RP6/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198101439814&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9399455236367497561&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9011790&hvtargid=pla-349054293059&psc=1&mcid=bd175e7cefeb32b39e8f53a0ac934b54&gclid=CjwKCAiAmZGrBhAnEiwAo9qHidteUxDreBZ-Wm_ru0V8vv4uImcB68tVtlieSwUz30sjDsZBP4BTfhoC2dsQAvD_BwE
Post 700 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user

Here'a few others.
Post 701 IP   flag post
@Nearmint67

I prefer the plastic variety. This is a set of 20 with free ship.

https://officialcomicproline.com/products/graded-comic-box-corrugated-plastic-bundle-of-20?variant=43455994953879
Post 702 IP   flag post
I'm currently frazzled mentally from a bunch of stuff in my life and I can't think straight. A buddy of mine has a sister that just had a tumor removed from her lung. It is not known if it is breast cancer or lung cancer. (She is stage 4 breast cancer currently.) Her prognosis is dire. Any suggestions on what I can do for my friend? I try and be there but im not thinking straight and i dont know what to say or do, I was thinking maybe flowers? Thoughts?
Post 703 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte - Honestly, I can't think of anything either. That is so difficult and personal that everything else seems trivial. Having said that, I believe that flowers are always a great go-to.

P.S. Very sorry for your friend. It happens to too many people.
Post 704 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte I don't know if you're religious or not (no need to answer) but I find comfort in prayer and the belief in God.

Give this a listen.

clickable text
Post 705 IP   flag post
608070 999 30