Not a question but CGC vs CBCS slab testing

https://youtu.be/yV6kGzUJMTA?si=Q4i50bPfrsfVoeJp
Post 626 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka

Okay, two questions (not having watched the video).

1) Any potential bias?

2) Was focus on damage to the slab / case or the comic?

I’d much prefer a case break (energy transfer to destroy the case) vs damage to the comic itself, given the choice.

A bicycle helmet will fracture on impact. A car will deform and crumple (aside from intrusion points to where passengers are seated). A rigid structure that doesn’t fracture or deform will tend to allow more transfer of energy (or positional displacement).
Post 627 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Quote:

1) Any potential bias?

I’d much prefer a case break (energy transfer to destroy the case) vs damage to the comic itself, given the choice.

A bicycle helmet will fracture on impact. A car will deform and crumple (aside from intrusion points to where passengers are seated). A rigid structure that doesn’t fracture or deform will tend to allow more transfer of energy (or positional displacement).

to minimize bias - you probably have to watch yourself. focus was on both slab and comic
Post 628 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1) Any potential bias?

to minimize bias - you probably have to watch yourself. focus was on both slab and comic

Okay, watched it.

Nothing useful.
Post 629 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1) Any potential bias?

Okay, watched it.

Nothing useful.

They're plastic. If they are dropped, they crack and break. Duh.
Post 630 IP   flag post

would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1) Any potential bias?

Okay, watched it.

Nothing useful.

They're plastic. If they are dropped, they crack and break. Duh.

But, I really needed someone to show me this (for the hundredth time on YouTube), or I might not have believed it.
Post 631 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I just happened to be wallowing in my collection like Uncle Scrooge and I wondered if anyone else had thoughts on these???.?.?.?.?

Post 632 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
One's a tank and one's a bulldozer. There's only so many ways to lift heavy machinery over your head.
Post 633 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad Very similar compositions.
Post 634 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
I just happened to be wallowing in my collection like Uncle Scrooge and I wondered if anyone else had thoughts on these???.?.?.?.?

Tuesdays are my shoulders/arms days.

Looks like a Tuesday to me.
Post 635 IP   flag post
I’m not familiar but I heard it’s not leg day unless there is a bit of poo in your pants.
Post 636 IP   flag post
Quote:
I’m not familiar but I heard it’s not leg day unless there is a bit of poo in your pants.

Thursday is legs night.

No matter how spicy, no poo in pants.
Post 637 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Thursday is legs night.

No matter how spicy, no poo in pants.

Post 638 IP   flag post
Moench signing??????

Post 639 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad nope. Not even close.

Post 640 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmccoy74
@HeinzDad nope. Not even close.

I was wondering about sending them in for his signing. My sig is a Wrightson.
Post 641 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad since you already have a Bernie signature I would.
Post 642 IP   flag post
Did a board member nab the two copies of House of Mystery 209 that popped on MCS last night?
Post 643 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad I didn't. Great Bernie cover, though.
Post 644 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder if this will as unsuccessful as CBCS’s Canada office?

Post 645 IP   flag post
@HulkSmash I would think that they would be accepting coins, currency, and other items instead of just comic books.
Post 646 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
... and video cassettes.🤣
Post 647 IP   flag post
Collector Vrishnak private msg quote post Address this user
How much would you say a Stan Lee signature adds to the value of a book? This being a book that I personally wouldn't have sent in for signature series at the other guy. Death of Wolverine #4 Holofoil cover 9.6.
Post 648 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrishnak
How much would you say a Stan Lee signature adds to the value of a book? This being a book that I personally wouldn't have sent in for signature series at the other guy. Death of Wolverine #4 Holofoil cover 9.6.

It's crazy really - probably adds what ever he was charging so like $150?
In reality it should add like $10 since there were so many books he signed over the years - lol...some books there might be fewer un-signed copies!!!
Post 649 IP   flag post
I have passed on a few books I would have otherwise purchased if they had not had Stan Lee scrawled across them.
Post 650 IP   flag post
Not having a Stan Lee signed book kind of makes me feel like I should have at least one.
Post 651 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Not having a Stan Lee signed book kind of makes me feel like I should have at least one.

I've had only 1 SL signed comic (ASM 129 - 8.5) with nice sig and placement... perfect wrap). Kicking myself in the ass for letting that one go.
Post 652 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:

I've had only 1 SL signed comic (ASM 129 - 8.5) with nice sig and placement... perfect wrap). Kicking myself in the ass for letting that one go.
I’m not sure I’ll ever own a copy of that book. Including signed. So yeah, roger that @Pre_Coder.
Post 653 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I feel a SL signature is a must for a collection but with the signature being so common, personally I wouldn't put it on a high value or vintage book. If the SL signature was from the 70s or earlier, I like that more.
Post 654 IP   flag post
Other than an Incredible Hulk book I’m not overly concerned. Someone find me a Delano signed Hellblazer or an Alan Moore of anything and I’ll do acrobatics for ya!
Post 655 IP   flag post
608070 999 30