Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2023 - part IV19696

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Weeks, two to four.
Post 601 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Weeks, two to four.

That.
Post 602 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte you can also pay and ask them to hold onto them if you plan on bidding in the next auction and want to combine shipping. I've done that multiple times since 4-10 slabs is the same cost.
Post 603 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders

That's good to know.

I didn't win a slab. I won an original artwork. I need to save for a commission so I don't see buying anything else in foreseeable future.

Post 604 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson

Thank uou
Post 605 IP   flag post

Anybody watching the new Frasier? They should have at least brought Niles along for the ride.
Post 606 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Anybody watching the new Frasier? They should have at least brought Niles along for the ride.
They tried to but David Hyde Pierce wouldn't go for it.
Post 607 IP   flag post
They should have brought Daphne, Roz, Mad Dog... somebody in full time.
Post 608 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@Bronte you can also pay and ask them to hold onto them if you plan on bidding in the next auction and want to combine shipping. I've done that multiple times since 4-10 slabs is the same cost.

I just recently starting to do this (shout out to Spencer) and am saving a boatload of $.
Post 609 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Is there a good site to get Whitman variant prices (besides ebay)?

I found this and am trying to get a good price to sell it.

The middle comic is Battle of the Planets #4

Post 610 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know who the villains are in the upcoming The Marvels movie?
Post 611 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Post 612 IP   flag post
Collector Jgwalters100 private msg quote post Address this user
They either know it sucks bad or are trying something different with that 145 run time. I was not a fan of the first one
Post 613 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Does anyone know who the villains are in the upcoming The Marvels movie?

The writers? The actors? The studio? Because I'm rooting against all three.
Post 614 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
anyone else notice parts of their order history are gone?
I was just going to check what grade I had on a book and rather than find the box it's in I though - hey I'll look at "my collectables" and it wasn't there!!
Post 615 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics

Post 616 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Ohhh....if I go to my order history -open an order up then click the eye symbol I can see my grades for older orders....easy???
Post 617 IP   flag post
Are there any Prince fans out here in the forums? (Artist formally known as Prince)
Post 618 IP   flag post
I like Prince.
Post 619 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Are there any Prince fans out here in the forums? (Artist formally known as Prince)

Prince songs tend to age well in my opinion.
Post 620 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Post 621 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Yes
Post 622 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I love him!! Apparently, this kid does too.

Post 623 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I love him!! Apparently, this kid does too.

I think his mom and dad behind him are probably big fans. Him probably not so much.
Post 624 IP   flag post
I have a CD of a record that Prince did and the songs are not separated. It is just one long track. Would anybody be interested in listening to the track and tell me where the breaks are in track for each song? This is a recording of a live concert I think he did in London.

When the songs get separated I can upload a copy of the finished product to you.

Please message me if this interests you.

Edit

I found a volunteer!!!!!

Thanks to all.
Post 625 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Not a question but CGC vs CBCS slab testing

https://youtu.be/yV6kGzUJMTA?si=Q4i50bPfrsfVoeJp
Post 626 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka

Okay, two questions (not having watched the video).

1) Any potential bias?

2) Was focus on damage to the slab / case or the comic?

I’d much prefer a case break (energy transfer to destroy the case) vs damage to the comic itself, given the choice.

A bicycle helmet will fracture on impact. A car will deform and crumple (aside from intrusion points to where passengers are seated). A rigid structure that doesn’t fracture or deform will tend to allow more transfer of energy (or positional displacement).
Post 627 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Quote:

1) Any potential bias?

I’d much prefer a case break (energy transfer to destroy the case) vs damage to the comic itself, given the choice.

A bicycle helmet will fracture on impact. A car will deform and crumple (aside from intrusion points to where passengers are seated). A rigid structure that doesn’t fracture or deform will tend to allow more transfer of energy (or positional displacement).

to minimize bias - you probably have to watch yourself. focus was on both slab and comic
Post 628 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1) Any potential bias?

to minimize bias - you probably have to watch yourself. focus was on both slab and comic

Okay, watched it.

Nothing useful.
Post 629 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1) Any potential bias?

Okay, watched it.

Nothing useful.

They're plastic. If they are dropped, they crack and break. Duh.
Post 630 IP   flag post
608070 999 30