Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2023 - part IV19696

Collector ATinyTurtle private msg quote post Address this user
If I'm sending in signed comics and I have certificates of authenticity do I just tuck them in the backside of the bag&board? Also do you get your COAs back?

Thanks!
Post 551 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATinyTurtle
If I'm sending in signed comics and I have certificates of authenticity do I just tuck them in the backside of the bag&board? Also do you get your COAs back?

Thanks!

@ATinyTurtle no need to send the COAs at all. CBCS/Beckett will not consider them when verifying the signature. If you were to send it in you would get it back though.

Welcome to the forum!
Post 552 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATinyTurtle

Thanks!

I think you should just hang on to them. They aren't needed for signature verification
Post 553 IP   flag post
Collector ATinyTurtle private msg quote post Address this user
Damn y'all are quick, appreciate the responses!
Post 554 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@OGJackster

I'll bring it to them and ask. If they say no, I'll figure something else out.

Bootleg records not an issue as long as it is for home use. Spent extra 10 bux per record. To get rid of hiss and pops. About 60 bux for 2 records both sides with cd output. So far all in about 140$ she better love this gift. Lol
Post 555 IP   flag post

Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
For those who still sell on ebay, have you noticed an increase in "bid retractions"... people placing bids, then canceling them (either within minutes or days later)?? Im noticing that this week. Ive had no bid retractions for years, then this week, 4 in a row (2 by the same person and 2 from separate people).

And yea - ebay allows it. (id prefer it actually as the alternative is a return that i pay for or a "winner" who doesnt pay.)
Post 556 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
For those who still sell on ebay, have you noticed an increase in "bid retractions"... people placing bids, then canceling them (either within minutes or days later)?? Im noticing that this week. Ive had no bid retractions for years, then this week, 4 in a row (2 by the same person and 2 from separate people).

And yea - ebay allows it. (id prefer it actually as the alternative is a return that i pay for or a "winner" who doesnt pay.)

I had an offer rescinded for a piece of audio gear (amp). It was five figures and I took a couple days to decide. I know the market is softening almost daily but I was (am) in no rush to sell. What I have noticed more directly related to comics is auction house outreach. Far more activity there than 12-24 months ago.
Post 557 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@multi007 - Regarding eBay, I have noticed that if I put a comic on my Watch List, it is very likely that I will get an offer from the seller within 24-hours. Sometimes the offer is decent, but other times it’s only a percentage or two.
Post 558 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@multi007 - Regarding eBay, I have noticed that if I put a comic on my Watch List, it is very likely that I will get an offer from the seller within 24-hours. Sometimes the offer is decent, but other times it’s only a percentage or two.

This happens all the time recently. And the message always says something like "this offer has been sent to a select few people." I don't think the discount offered has ever been enough for me to buy.
Post 559 IP   flag post
Collector Retired_11B private msg quote post Address this user
Did the S&H go up? My invoice this time is $30, but my one from Baltimore was $25.
Post 560 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Quote:

This happens all the time recently. And the message always says something like "this offer has been sent to a select few people." I don't think the discount offered has ever been enough for me to buy.

Once or twice for me
Sometimes I think "if only it was a little cheaper", so I put it on my WL for the sole purpose of hoping to get one of those messages.
Post 561 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
Quote:
Quote:

Once or twice for me
Sometimes I think "if only it was a little cheaper", so I put it on my WL for the sole purpose of hoping to get one of those messages.

@Gaard I do the exact same....also, if you get an offer where the discount is too small....I would feel more entitled to counter offer with a significant discount seeing as it was the seller that contacted me first.
Post 562 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
Quote:
Quote:

Once or twice for me

@Gaard I do the exact same....also, if you get an offer where the discount is too small....I would feel more entitled to counter offer with a significant discount seeing as it was the seller that contacted me first.

I think you can set it so ebay automatically sends offers with your preset discount.
I send out offers to watchers occasionally but it's always a minimum of 10% off.
I also turn the counter offer option off
Post 563 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Scummy folks. So very sad.

https://www.king5.com/amp/article/news/crime/burglars-steal-25k-worth-of-comic-books-from-tails-to-astonish-west-seattle/281-96df4c4b-36ae-4053-ab67-217039befd0b
Post 564 IP   flag post
Collector Jgwalters100 private msg quote post Address this user
I would never open a store in Seattle or Portland. I lived near Portland for a year and that was enough for me. Its like real life gotham.
Post 565 IP   flag post
I'm sorry to see that though really sucks.
Post 566 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgwalters100
I would never open a store in Seattle or Portland. I lived near Portland for a year and that was enough for me. Its like real life gotham.

And that's why Batman is in Seattle!

(Seattle space needle in the background)
Post 567 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
If I got the right store, a shop got robbed over a month ago and the thieves walked into a lcs that I visit. The owner new the books was stolen and new if he tried to ring the cops or ask for I.D. the thieves would of ran out of the store with the books. So the owner offered $400 and they accepted and after they left he rang the store and told him he was able to purchase the books back cheaply for them.

Now I'm not sure it's this stores books and this is a story the other lcs owner told me a week ago.
Post 568 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
anyone here the rumor that Taylor Swift might be "Dazzler" in the next Deadpool instalment?

Cause.....like I need to grade my 1st appearance and wait for Swifties to blow it up even though I only expect maybe 8.0 ish...can't remember but I think that was the general condition before a press
Post 569 IP   flag post
Collector Travis private msg quote post Address this user
I herd that rumor and I’m glad I bought my x men 130 before all that rumor buzz happened.
Post 570 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
anyone here the rumor that Taylor Swift might be "Dazzler" in the next Deadpool instalment?

Cause.....like I need to grade my 1st appearance and wait for Swifties to blow it up even though I only expect maybe 8.0 ish...can't remember but I think that was the general condition before a press

You'd better hurry. She'll only be interested in it for a month or two, have a heated break up, explain how toxic the relationship was, write a revenge song about it, and then tell everyone how it empowered her femininity and she rose above it.
Post 571 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis
I herd that rumor and I’m glad I bought my x men 130 before all that rumor buzz happened.

lol....I have to date my purchase based on who owned the comic shop at the time!!
Been going to my LCS since I was roughly 10ish...so 40 yrs - bought my copy from the 2nd owner so at least 15 yrs ago...maybe longer
All the owners were retirees - Len opened the shop and was a retired Teacher, Kim took over eventually and was a retired police officer, Norm now runs it and is semi-retired - retired from the region but still runs a care service for special needs adults...in 10yrs when I plan to retire I have no aspirations to take over the shop!!!
Post 572 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I'm not a Marvel reader/watcher (and definitely not a Taylor Swift listener), so I haven't paid much attention to the rumors but I have seen these pictures of Reynolds, Jackman, Swift and Shawn Levy the director of Deadpool 3.

Post 573 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@Sigur_Ros Ryan Reynolds is working on preproduction of a “unique” live action Dragon’s Lair where he plays Dirk the Daring. They are saying it’s a “never been done” style movie. I’m looking forward to seeing it.

I read about it in Variety about a year ago, and picked up a few DL books and got Don Bluth to signed them recently.

I think If Swift ends up doing Dazzler, that book will triple, she is that popular - imo.
Post 574 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

They probably won't be comic-nerd enough to demand that it be a 9.8. Any copy will do.
Post 575 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I checked my Charles Schwab. Copies are rising…..
Post 576 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
I checked my Charles Schwab. Copies are rising…..

If the Swifties are coming to the comic book market, we all need to rethink our investment strategies. Back to the dreck!
Post 577 IP   flag post
Hot shot comics / CGC update

Post 578 IP   flag post
Does a 3 hole punch make a comic incomplete or just automatically lower the grade to a certain number.
Post 579 IP   flag post
@Jgwalters100 it just hammers the grade. it will not get an incomplete grade/designation.
Post 580 IP   flag post
608070 999 30