Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2023 - part IV19696

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I recently moved some of my slabs into a cabinet....is there any concern storing my slabs horizontally as shown below?

Staple side down.
They could slide from center if you're okay with that, but you don't want them sliding page-side down.

Thanks! but please expand a little on the staple side down comment...the slabs are level..are you referring to if the slabs are angled in some way? Spine side raised vs. opposite side raised?
Post 526 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
You want the staple side down so the the interior pages aren't pulling on the staples.

I've seen books with staple tears from where the interior pages shifted forward and the cover remained stationary.

This of course was due to heavy shipping trauma, but why tempt fate?
Post 527 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
You want the staple side down so the the interior pages aren't pulling on the staples.

I've seen books with staple tears from where the interior pages shifted forward and the cover remained stationary.

This of course was due to heavy shipping trauma, but why tempt fate?

Understood...I believe my slabs are level horizontally but maybe, to be safe, I'll put something underneath the one side of the slabs slightly raising the open side of the books, basically lowering the spine side.

I appreciate the responses!
Post 528 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC I THINK the concern is for the slabs on the bottom. If they are upright, all is good. If they are on their side, they should be staple side down. I'm pretty sure you have them upright, but I think the arrow threw people off. And yes, I know you said horizontally and not vertically, but I'm thinking that's what happened.
Post 529 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O Oh! I never considered that! Thanks bringing that up! Yes, the bottom row of books are upright...the normal way they would be placed in a comic box. I appreciate the insights!
Post 530 IP   flag post

I should have been more clear...my apologies....looking closer at the picture, I can see my question may not have been clear.

The lower row of books are indeed sitting upright/the traditional way....the upper row is lying flat on top....cover side down. My question was in reference to the upper row of books lying cover side down.

Sorry for not being more clear on that.
Post 531 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Tar and feather this man!!!!!
Post 532 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I think he's more deserving of whips and chains.
Post 533 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
ohhh.. Perspective.
Mine was wrong.
I thought we were looking down into some sort of drawer or something, and the books you're pointing to were standing up on their long edge, instead of the normal way.

Now that you corrected me, I also see the hinge. We're looking horizontally into a cabinet and not vertically down into a drawer.

My concern was explained by the Doctor. I've seen books that were shifted toward the page edges, but the covers did not budge, so the pages were protruding and the staples pulled from the cover a bit.

Sorry for creating the confusion.
Post 534 IP   flag post
@Sigur_Ros All good! Appreciate the input. 🍻
Post 535 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania
So I sent in a copy of Saga #1 signed by Brian K Vaughan to be pressed, sig verified, and graded.

It was originally a MCS graded 7.5

What do you think it will come back from CBCS graded?
Just taking guesses... I'll post the grade when it comes back

Follow up: It came back as a 9.4 verified signature πŸ‘
and it will be for sale at MCS
Post 536 IP   flag post
Collector Jgwalters100 private msg quote post Address this user
I just got an avengers 4 no cover. Is there any place besides ebay that might have a cover. I'm sure it's unlikely but I'm looking.
Post 537 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Anybody have experience converting LP records to MP3 or CD?

As a gift I bought 2 bootleg records of Prince. I was going to convert them to MP3 in case she didn't have a record player. There is a place local to me that will do the converting professionally with some enhancements that I can't do without special equipment. Is it worth doing it that way? It's under 20 bux a record. 2 records total. Or should I just do the cheapest possible way because records aren't perfect to begin with?

Thoughts?

I am not a music person so keep responses simple please.

Edit

These guys are kinda local to me.

https://foreverstudios.com/convert-cassette-to-cd/?utm_content=l&gclid=Cj0KCQjw06-oBhC6ARIsAGuzdw0NU0YqKlaWbm7AJeTM5mtvTSk6IZNpMXTCwQLdTfYeSKH0vlTleOkaAquyEALw_wcB
Post 538 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Personally, I'd just hire it out to those folks and be done with it.
Post 539 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Personally, I'd just hire it out to those folks and be done with it.
same. Especially if they are going to split tracks and use an uncompressed format like WAV.
Post 540 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
As a parent would you want your child spending all day everyday during the school year with a teacher who is into bondage, spanking, and torture?
Post 541 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the advice. I'll get the conversion done after I get tbe records.

Anybody know if its legal to share a bootleg? I would imagine it's a no on cd tracks but kinda grey on recordings made at a concert....
Post 542 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAmistoso
As a parent would you want your child spending all day everyday during the school year with a teacher who is into bondage, spanking, and torture?
I don’t care what a grown up does in their free time.
Post 543 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for your wisdom @HeinzDad!
Post 544 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Anybody have experience converting LP records to MP3 or CD?

As a gift I bought 2 bootleg records of Prince. I was going to convert them to MP3 in case she didn't have a record player. There is a place local to me that will do the converting professionally with some enhancements that I can't do without special equipment. Is it worth doing it that way? It's under 20 bux a record. 2 records total. Or should I just do the cheapest possible way because records aren't perfect to begin with?

Thoughts?

I am not a music person so keep responses simple please.

Edit

These guys are kinda local to me.

https://foreverstudios.com/convert-cassette-to-cd/?utm_content=l&gclid=Cj0KCQjw06-oBhC6ARIsAGuzdw0NU0YqKlaWbm7AJeTM5mtvTSk6IZNpMXTCwQLdTfYeSKH0vlTleOkaAquyEALw_wcB

If they are bootlegged, having a business convert them for you may not work. They may refuse due to copyright laws.
Post 545 IP   flag post
@OGJackster

I'll bring it to them and ask. If they say no, I'll figure something else out.
Post 546 IP   flag post

Post 547 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
what is the fmv for Marvel super heroes secret wars # 1 & # 8 in 9.8?
Post 548 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
what is the fmv for Marvel super heroes secret wars # 1 & # 8 in 9.8?

#1 swings between $200-275
#8 around $600

Assuming direct - not newsstand β€˜ Canadian price
Post 549 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@poka Thanks
Post 550 IP   flag post
Collector ATinyTurtle private msg quote post Address this user
If I'm sending in signed comics and I have certificates of authenticity do I just tuck them in the backside of the bag&board? Also do you get your COAs back?

Thanks!
Post 551 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATinyTurtle
If I'm sending in signed comics and I have certificates of authenticity do I just tuck them in the backside of the bag&board? Also do you get your COAs back?

Thanks!

@ATinyTurtle no need to send the COAs at all. CBCS/Beckett will not consider them when verifying the signature. If you were to send it in you would get it back though.

Welcome to the forum!
Post 552 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATinyTurtle

Thanks!

I think you should just hang on to them. They aren't needed for signature verification
Post 553 IP   flag post
Collector ATinyTurtle private msg quote post Address this user
Damn y'all are quick, appreciate the responses!
Post 554 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@OGJackster

I'll bring it to them and ask. If they say no, I'll figure something else out.

Bootleg records not an issue as long as it is for home use. Spent extra 10 bux per record. To get rid of hiss and pops. About 60 bux for 2 records both sides with cd output. So far all in about 140$ she better love this gift. Lol
Post 555 IP   flag post
608070 999 30