Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2023 - part IV19696

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone been to Lone Star Comics/Mycomicshop? Do they sell (and buy) only comics or do the buy and sell action figures as well?
Post 501 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Has anyone been to Lone Star Comics/Mycomicshop? Do they sell (and buy) only comics or do the buy and sell action figures as well?

Online shop only. Do not have any physical shop - and no - they don’t do action figures
Post 502 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Online shop only. Do not have any physical shop - and no - they don’t do action figures

Thanks! I was not aware that they're only online!
Post 503 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Bought a mephisto original art and the seller shipped to wrong address. Someone else signed for it. Offered to go to city and see if they will give it to me if I show them license and picture of the art. So far nothing from seller granted its only been a couple of hours.

Sigh, what a cluster f#$@
Post 504 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Bought a mephisto original art and the seller shipped to wrong address. Someone else signed for it. Offered to go to city and see if they will give it to me if I show them license and picture of the art. So far nothing from seller granted its only been a couple of hours.

hope it gets to you without alot of drama
Post 505 IP   flag post

-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

That would suck!!! I hope it gets resolved quickly for you.
Post 506 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah its a nice piece. I think the artist is unknown but you'd think he was a professional. I'll post a pic after I figure out what is going to happen.
Post 507 IP   flag post
Update

The guy had correct address, DHL delivered to the wrong address and will go get it tomorrow hopefully. So it might be a day or 2 for me to get it.
Post 508 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte I hope things work out. Let us know what happens.
Post 509 IP   flag post
Package arrived. No signature required and they avoided my ring camera. No idea how long it was sitting tbere.

Post 510 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
@Bronte very cool!!! I'm glad it worked out for you!!
Post 511 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
they avoided my ring camera. No idea how long it was sitting tbere.

I hate that. Especially when it rains....
Post 512 IP   flag post
@Nearmint67
Concrete was wet. But the guy who packed this was a pro. 2 plastic pouches and a TON of cardboard.

@Jesse_O
Yes I'm glad it didn't end up in the trash it really looks nice.
Post 513 IP   flag post
Ok. Super Stupid question on my part. I asked my brother to measure the art. He says it's 10.5 x 14.5

What the heck kind of paper is that? It's not legal or letter size.

He says it's artist paper?

Edit

I bought it from a guy in manilla.
Post 514 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte Great illustration. Interesting paper size.
Post 515 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
@Bronte the closest I could find is ISO B4 paper. I have no idea what it's used for.

Post 516 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Ok. Super Stupid question on my part. I asked my brother to measure the art. He says it's 10.5 x 14.5

What the heck kind of paper is that? It's not legal or letter size.

He says it's artist paper?

Edit

I bought it from a guy in manilla.

Must be Manila paper.
Post 517 IP   flag post
Collector Travis private msg quote post Address this user
When do you think cbcs will do a discount on normal comic book slabs again I haven’t been keeping track but I got about five or six comic books In mind for my next submission but have been waiting for one of them discount days to happen to give me incentive to send my comics in to get slabbed
Post 518 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@Bronte the closest I could find is ISO B4 paper. I have no idea what it's used for.

The dimensions of the B series paper sizes are defined by the ISO 216 international paper size standard. The B series is not as common as the A series. It was created to provide paper sizes that were not included in the A series. The B series uses an aspect ratio of 1:√2. The area of the B series paper sheets is the geometric mean of the A series sheets. For example, B1 is between A0 and A1 in size. While the B series is less common in office use, it is more regularly used in other special situations, such as posters, books, envelopes and passports.
Post 519 IP   flag post
Collector Retired_11B private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis
When do you think cbcs will do a discount on normal comic book slabs again I haven’t been keeping track but I got about five or six comic books In mind for my next submission but have been waiting for one of them discount days to happen to give me incentive to send my comics in to get slabbed

I ask them in Baltimore, they didn't have an answer then. I would hope soon, lol.
Post 520 IP   flag post
Collector Retired_11B private msg quote post Address this user
Did anyone get any of the Skottie Young Transformer book he was selling on his website? I think they sold out in a day, and was looking for a copy.
Post 521 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Having a nice evening stroll down the road???

Post 522 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 523 IP   flag post
I recently moved some of my slabs into a cabinet....is there any concern storing my slabs horizontally as shown below?

Post 524 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I recently moved some of my slabs into a cabinet....is there any concern storing my slabs horizontally as shown below?

Staple side down.
They could slide from center if you're okay with that, but you don't want them sliding page-side down.
Post 525 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Staple side down.
They could slide from center if you're okay with that, but you don't want them sliding page-side down.

Thanks! but please expand a little on the staple side down comment...the slabs are level..are you referring to if the slabs are angled in some way? Spine side raised vs. opposite side raised?
Post 526 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
You want the staple side down so the the interior pages aren't pulling on the staples.

I've seen books with staple tears from where the interior pages shifted forward and the cover remained stationary.

This of course was due to heavy shipping trauma, but why tempt fate?
Post 527 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
You want the staple side down so the the interior pages aren't pulling on the staples.

I've seen books with staple tears from where the interior pages shifted forward and the cover remained stationary.

This of course was due to heavy shipping trauma, but why tempt fate?

Understood...I believe my slabs are level horizontally but maybe, to be safe, I'll put something underneath the one side of the slabs slightly raising the open side of the books, basically lowering the spine side.

I appreciate the responses!
Post 528 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
@GAC I THINK the concern is for the slabs on the bottom. If they are upright, all is good. If they are on their side, they should be staple side down. I'm pretty sure you have them upright, but I think the arrow threw people off. And yes, I know you said horizontally and not vertically, but I'm thinking that's what happened.
Post 529 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O Oh! I never considered that! Thanks bringing that up! Yes, the bottom row of books are upright...the normal way they would be placed in a comic box. I appreciate the insights!
Post 530 IP   flag post
608070 999 30