Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2023 - part IV19696

Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I said screw it and bought an electric jar opener from Amazon. I can't believe this thing kicked my butt.

I can't even remember the last time I saw an electric can opener.
For tough jars I use a butter knife or fork under the lid and pry it in several places until you hear the pressure pop. I think you can also run them under hot water, the metal lid will expand from the heat more than the glass jar, creating separation.
Quote:
@EbayMafia

Thank you for the suggestions. If the electric jar opener is crap at least I'll have an alternative.

I do like the new lids on soups and such. Pop top lids instead of can opener is awesome.
tried and true; elbow grease. Finger strength varies results.
Post 351 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
@poka when is the next charity sale?

Haven't really planned one as the last few ones didn't have that great a response. Can do another one if there is interest
Post 352 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Anybody ever use automated jar openers?
Suggestions?

Remember these? Always worked.

https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Adjustable-Seniors-Arthritis-Chilren/dp/B082L3GL48/ref=asc_df_B082L3GL48/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=507697119089&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17443522325055801870&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9011980&hvtargid=pla-1253096329571&psc=1
Post 353 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
Quote:
Anybody ever use automated jar openers?
Suggestions?

Remember these? Always worked.

https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Adjustable-Seniors-Arthritis-Chilren/dp/B082L3GL48/ref=asc_df_B082L3GL48/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=507697119089&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17443522325055801870&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9011980&hvtargid=pla-1253096329571&psc=1

Thanks! Just bought one.
Post 354 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@poka

Although I am a guy, apparently I lack the strength to open this jar of Peaches from Costco. I know my brother can't open jars I open so I doubt he can open this.

I said screw it and bought an electric jar opener from Amazon. I can't believe this thing kicked my butt.

Edit

Apparently my brother is the more intelligent of the 2 of us. He tapped the jar on tbe floor all the way around and said now try.

I got it.

Post 355 IP   flag post

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67

That's very helpful. Tbsnks
Post 356 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Nearmint67

That's very helpful. Tbsnks

It's not a BBQ sammich... but it's something..lol..
Post 357 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
If a person was to fill up a few short boxes of things they’ll never miss, ie, dreck, how should they price a box? I’m talking making space, pure and simple.
Post 358 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
If a person was to fill up a few short boxes of things they’ll never miss, ie, dreck, how should they price a box? I’m talking making space, pure and simple.

If it's all drek stuff I usually price them at at least $50 per box
Post 359 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Jimmy Buffett passed away at 76 yrs old

Post 360 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
I'm certain this has been brought up before and I just didn't see it -
Why, when reading these forums, does a page start with a few posts from the previous page? Not really a big deal, but it seems like it'd be a simple fix.
Post 361 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone here play the mobile game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes?
Post 362 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Does anyone here play the mobile game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes?

used to play Star Wars Command...haven't felt the need to re-join the private version running now
Post 363 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Atari 2600 retro gaming unit

Atari 2600+ https://a.co/d/gQl3AnQ
Post 364 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

did you buy it? You can't go back @Bronte...you can't go back.
Space Invaders and Combat will never be as cool as when you popped them in after elementary school back in the day!
🤣
Post 365 IP   flag post
@drmccoy74

No. Currently I am saving for something else. I just thought others might be nostalgic over it.
Post 366 IP   flag post
Quote:
@drmccoy74

No. Currently I am saving for something else. I just thought others might be nostalgic over it.
you were right. Very nostalgic but like I said. You can't go back!
Post 367 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmccoy74
Quote:

did you buy it? You can't go back @Bronte...you can't go back.
Space Invaders and Combat will never be as cool as when you popped them in after elementary school back in the day!
🤣
I didn’t live during that era, but as former collector and current enthusiast; I can say with all due respect that the early video game pioneers are very lackluster. Some outliers across all eras will always be cool. I thank the rest for their service and leave them be. 😂
Post 368 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
Played on the Odyssey, 2600, Genesis, NES, PS1-3-4, X-Box-360-X-S, and PC.🤣🤣🤣
Post 369 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
We had an Atari 2600 when they came out. I think it was a Christmas gift. We played Pong and Combat for ages. It felt like forever before any new titles were released.
Post 370 IP   flag post
Anybody have any clues about central AC?

The unit blows but not cold. Turn it off, for a few hours and it's fine again. Air handler is not frozen. Had the AC guy come out and he said the drain might have been clogged. But apparently that wasn't it. They will be back at 8.30am tomorrow morning
Post 371 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte just had the same problem three weeks ago, the outside unit fan stopped spinning. So the air condition stops blowing cold. (Blows but not cold) The culprit was a bad blower motor and module, needed to replace both… everything with labor was $880. Good luck
Post 372 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
If it wasn't frozen up, it could be the compressor.
Post 373 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Anybody have any clues about central AC?

The unit blows but not cold. Turn it off, for a few hours and it's fine again. Air handler is not frozen. Had the AC guy come out and he said the drain might have been clogged. But apparently that wasn't it. They will be back at 8.30am tomorrow morning

Our a/c was doing that last year. It turned out to be a bad capacitor. The first guy who came out said we needed an entirely new unit at 5k or more. So we had a second guy come out to look at it. He said it was just the capacitor. He replaced it, checked out the system, and put in new filters for only $125.
Hopefully you have an honest person who is working on it for you. Good luck 👍
Post 374 IP   flag post
@MutantMania

I'll ask the guy tomorrow morning. Hopefully these questions might steer towards a viable solution that doesn't require selling personal grails
Post 375 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
there was a ref to Darth in another thread. Darth is fine and so is Atakmunky7. think they would like to come back to the forum if they were allowed (both were suspended). forum could use their Star Wars knowledge
Post 376 IP   flag post
@MutantMania

He checked outside unit after I mentioned capacitor and he said that was the problem.
Post 377 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
there was a ref to Darth in another thread. Darth is fine and so is Atakmunky7. think they would like to come back to the forum if they were allowed (both were suspended). forum could use their Star Wars knowledge

Agreed. It is a shame that accumulated suspensions come with a life sentence. It would be interesting to me to have an additional step prior to a perm ban. Have them issue a mea culpa for the rule violation for one last chance. @Jesse_O could start a new moderator's thread called "Last Chance Mea Culpa" for heartfelt apologies and acknowledgment of the rule violation if a person really wants to stay in the forum (with comments locked). It would probably remain empty but, the opportunity would exist.
Post 378 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Should hold annual votes. Voting back to the island.
Post 379 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
The inmates are running the asylum.
Post 380 IP   flag post
608070 999 30