Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2023 - part IV19696

To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Just curious about anyone that still uses ebay how many blocked buyers do you have?

I was curious myself and I have 159 blocked buyers.
Post 326 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
There was a guy here a year or two ago that said he had over 5000 blocked buyers lol!
Post 327 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
That sounds like Calamerica.
Post 328 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
There was a guy here a year or two ago that said he had over 5000 blocked buyers lol!

and I thought I was bad
Post 329 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone need a MSI Micro ATX motherboard with an AM4 socket? I have dupe that got lost in shipping and eventually found it’s way. They didn’t want it back. Specs on the box and MSI website should show compatible AM4 chips. I’m using a AMD A10(A320)

Just cover shipping and be careful in the configuration BIOS. I bricked one of these by not following directions this model is not resettable😂

Post 330 IP   flag post

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Question.

I sometimes have valuable items sent to me in my mailbox. I once had a check stolen so it is not just hypothetical that bad things happen.

My lawn guy hasn't cut the grass for a few days, and someone went into my mailbox and left a business card. I have tried calling folks who leave cards and warning them that it's illegal to go into someone's mailbox. But I'm sick of companies that do this. I sent an email to usps and want to scan a photo of the business card and have them scare the guy.

Am I wrong?

By the way, in today's mail was an atm/ debit card. Which could have easily been swiped. What would you do?
Post 331 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Deadpool / Wolverine clothing items

https://viralstyle.com/zcn/cnb-deap

Post 332 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte, if you aren’t wrong then there are a ton of scripture folks I need to bust for putting it in my mailbox.
Post 333 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad

https://about.usps.com/news/state-releases/tx/2010/tx_2010_0909.htm

The U.S. Postal Service would like to warn people that only authorized U.S. Postal Service delivery personnel are allowed to place items in a mailbox.  By law, a mailbox is intended only for receipt of postage-paid U.S. Mail
Post 334 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@HeinzDad

https://about.usps.com/news/state-releases/tx/2010/tx_2010_0909.htm

The U.S. Postal Service would like to warn people that only authorized U.S. Postal Service delivery personnel are allowed to place items in a mailbox.  By law, a mailbox is intended only for receipt of postage-paid U.S. Mail
no more cherry-bombs huh?
Post 335 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
@Bronte, if you aren’t wrong then there are a ton of scripture folks I need to bust for putting it in my mailbox.

Maybe this is why I get lots and lots of material folded up and stuck in my door jam?
- religious material
- new windows
- "we'll buy your house"
that kind of stuff
Post 336 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

My lawn guy hasn't cut the grass for a few days

I got a letter once from the city stating that my grass/weeds were too long. Stupid neighbors!

On a side note -
I miss the days when every kid in the neighborhood (including me) would push a lawn mower around the block and knock on doors. If they still did this, the neighborhood kids could make a living coming to my house.
Post 337 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve always wondered if I’m immune to poison ivy. I find it impossible to believe I’ve never been exposed to it before. Ill find out in as little as 2 more hours.
Post 338 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad

I hope you never find out you are not immune
Post 339 IP   flag post
I realized I had poison ivy on my lower leg either last night or this morning. I never seemed to come down with it until I got older. Treated it with Zanfel. That stuff is expensive, but it works great.
Post 340 IP   flag post
Avengers soap kit

https://drsquatch.com/pages/avengers?utm_source=facebook-paid&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=6382472838549&utm_content=6382472838349&utm_term=6385057698949&nbt=nb%3Afb%3Aig%3A6382472838549%3A6382472838349%3A6385057698949&nb_placement=Instagram_Reels&postid=615565720709187&fbclid=PAAaZ-efNUYlU9GxyHPGjXJkSX2Fyfp9Rb7Dw72bTmB3cZFQSa_Q58Al9QinI_aem_Ac6gpZ87iemExSsiaVuiBDToV6IqZ8IKlmrNcFy4rQ8LNeZEyUKQTHGY7IXtoCGRAaw5bRAnvPD1RTXFtVzzuDDg&campaign_id=6382472838349&ad_id=6385057698949&external_browser_redirect=true
Post 341 IP   flag post
Arleen Sorkin passed

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1327332-arleen-sorkin-dead-harley-quinn
Post 342 IP   flag post
Anybody ever use automated jar openers?
Suggestions?
Post 343 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
Quote:

My lawn guy hasn't cut the grass for a few days

I got a letter once from the city stating that my grass/weeds were too long. Stupid neighbors!

On a side note -
I miss the days when every kid in the neighborhood (including me) would push a lawn mower around the block and knock on doors. If they still did this, the neighborhood kids could make a living coming to my house.

anything in the local regulation which would prevent you to use a loud lawn mower at 6AM on a sunday morning?
Post 344 IP   flag post
Quote:
Suggestions?

Nope. why would you need one?
Post 345 IP   flag post
@poka

Although I am a guy, apparently I lack the strength to open this jar of Peaches from Costco. I know my brother can't open jars I open so I doubt he can open this.

I said screw it and bought an electric jar opener from Amazon. I can't believe this thing kicked my butt.

Edit

Apparently my brother is the more intelligent of the 2 of us. He tapped the jar on tbe floor all the way around and said now try.

I got it.
Post 346 IP   flag post
@poka when is the next charity sale?
Post 347 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I said screw it and bought an electric jar opener from Amazon. I can't believe this thing kicked my butt.

I can't even remember the last time I saw an electric can opener.
For tough jars I use a butter knife or fork under the lid and pry it in several places until you hear the pressure pop. I think you can also run them under hot water, the metal lid will expand from the heat more than the glass jar, creating separation.
Post 348 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia

Thank you for the suggestions. If the electric jar opener is crap at least I'll have an alternative.

I do like the new lids on soups and such. Pop top lids instead of can opener is awesome.
Post 349 IP   flag post
@Bronte They make a manual jar opener that's basically a flap of rubber. It helps tremendously.
Post 350 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

I can't even remember the last time I saw an electric can opener.
For tough jars I use a butter knife or fork under the lid and pry it in several places until you hear the pressure pop. I think you can also run them under hot water, the metal lid will expand from the heat more than the glass jar, creating separation.
Quote:
@EbayMafia

Thank you for the suggestions. If the electric jar opener is crap at least I'll have an alternative.

I do like the new lids on soups and such. Pop top lids instead of can opener is awesome.
tried and true; elbow grease. Finger strength varies results.
Post 351 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
@poka when is the next charity sale?

Haven't really planned one as the last few ones didn't have that great a response. Can do another one if there is interest
Post 352 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Suggestions?

Remember these? Always worked.

https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Adjustable-Seniors-Arthritis-Chilren/dp/B082L3GL48/ref=asc_df_B082L3GL48/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=507697119089&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17443522325055801870&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9011980&hvtargid=pla-1253096329571&psc=1
Post 353 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
Quote:
Suggestions?

Remember these? Always worked.

https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Adjustable-Seniors-Arthritis-Chilren/dp/B082L3GL48/ref=asc_df_B082L3GL48/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=507697119089&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17443522325055801870&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9011980&hvtargid=pla-1253096329571&psc=1

Thanks! Just bought one.
Post 354 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@poka

Although I am a guy, apparently I lack the strength to open this jar of Peaches from Costco. I know my brother can't open jars I open so I doubt he can open this.

Edit

Apparently my brother is the more intelligent of the 2 of us. He tapped the jar on tbe floor all the way around and said now try.

I got it.

Post 355 IP   flag post
608070 999 30