Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2023 - part IV19696

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Now that we’re a bit more than half way through 2023, wondering if folks have increased or decreased their spend on comics vs last year?

First half of 2023 was lower than first half of 2022. My second half of 2023 will be greater than my second half of 2022. Quantity of books will be far greater, but average price point will be far lower. Overall spend will likely be greater. Very few of the books I'm buying are slabbed or slab worthy. I've kind of retreated to my early 80's days of collecting where the idea of reselling what I buy is just a distant possibility that makes collecting more interesting.
Post 226 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad

Where's the thumbs down button? Your vote total should be significantly less because of this.

In the early days of forum testing, there was a down vote feature. It was the consensus of those testing that the feature wasn't worth the trouble. Members could either vote 1, 2, 3, or not at all.
Post 227 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:

Where's the thumbs down button? Your vote total should be significantly less because of this.
Sometimes I think things are funny to myself and then I read it and don’t know how it will be received. I’d take the down vote over anger.
Post 228 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
I found myself spending a lot more on celebrity signings this year. Casts from Back to the Future, Shazam, going to probably get two books for Lynda Carter (but debating on if I want to pre-buy an already signed Gale Gadot wonder woman and add Linda Carter to it).
Post 229 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Grading question: What kind of a hit will you take for rusted staples when the rest of the book is F+/Nm?
Post 230 IP   flag post

Collector Jgwalters100 private msg quote post Address this user
I have spent a little more just because prices have been lower. Also I started buying golden age books and they are just more expensive on the whole.
Post 231 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Grading question: What kind of a hit will you take for rusted staples when the rest of the book is F+/Nm?
I’m not sure this will help because of the grade comparison but I have an Albedo 3 that looks like a 9.8. It’s a cgc 8.5 and rusty staples is the only thing wrong as far as I’m concerned.
Post 232 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
I’m not sure this will help because of the grade comparison but I have an Albedo 3 that looks like a 9.8. It’s a cgc 8.5 and rusty staples is the only thing wrong as far as I’m concerned.

When I bought this I didn't notice the staples... or the subscription crease. I don't think there's any chance of a grade of anything above an 8.0 if I sent it in. Other than that, It does look really nice.

Post 233 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone else have barn owls screeching outside their window and driving them insane every night?
Post 234 IP   flag post
No, I have bears and turkeys.

Post 235 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Why aren't Cocoa Puffs the official sponsor of mental health awareness??
Post 236 IP   flag post
The Trix rabbit filed a complaint.
Post 237 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Post 238 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
If God is omniscient and omnipotent can He create a stone he can not lift?
Post 239 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Don't you have to ask if there is a God first?
Post 240 IP   flag post
Not really....the question can be referring to the idea of God or to the faithful that do believe in God.

But this is a known paradox. The God in Christianity is omniscient and omnipotent and if He is, can he create a stone that he can not lift?

EDIT: I'm a recent subscriber to the Great Courses on Prime. They have a philosophy program that I'm enjoying right now.
Post 241 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
It's been done, the stone is called Satan.
Post 242 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAmistoso

Nah....a literal stone not a philosophical one.
Post 243 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

Nah....a literal stone not a philosophical one.

Oh well then yes it could exist, but probably also with scissors and paper.
Post 244 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't do well in my college philosophy course, but I would imagine that the Christian God, isn't infallible. So I am assuming he isn't truly all powerful.

That being said, In my opinion, he should have left the earth without humans and let nature be his crowning achievement.
Post 245 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
If God is omniscient and omnipotent can He create a stone he can not lift?

Yes, but then He would have no need to move the stone. He could simply speak it out of existence as easily as he created it.
Post 246 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
The forum was dead and I was hoping for my nightly antics. This popped up and I decided I wouldn’t touch it.
Post 247 IP   flag post
What if God's crowning achievement is the coconut?
Post 248 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
The forum was dead and I was hoping for my nightly antics. This popped up and I decided I wouldn’t touch it.

Same here. Enough of my life has been ruined by having to go to Sunday school when I could've been hanging out with friends and having a good time.
Post 249 IP   flag post
Quote:
What if God's crowning achievement is the coconut?

Then God has a warped sense of humor or being infallible isn't a prerequisite to being a God?
Post 250 IP   flag post

Post 251 IP   flag post
So. Who has the deep pockets that's going to buy that mcfarlane batman art for 500$?

Post 252 IP   flag post
Or who is relieved that gal gadot is possibly doing wonder woman 3?

Edit

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/08/02/entertainment/gal-gadot-wonder-woman-sequel/index.html
Post 253 IP   flag post
@Bronte I'm unconcerned as to either scenario.
Post 254 IP   flag post
Neither am I. Just trying to change topic....
Post 255 IP   flag post
608070 999 30