Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature VSPComics Silver AgeMovies TelevisionPop Culture

Surfing with the Alien - Run Completed19688

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user

Post 26 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user

Post 27 IP   flag post

Post 28 IP   flag post

Post 29 IP   flag post

Post 30 IP   flag post

Post 31 IP   flag post

Post 32 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Vote 1-3 for your three favorites only:

Just to clarify, would 3 be the favorite or would 1 be the favorite?
Post 33 IP   flag post

Post 34 IP   flag post

Post 35 IP   flag post

Post 36 IP   flag post

Post 37 IP   flag post

Post 38 IP   flag post

Post 39 IP   flag post

Post 40 IP   flag post

Post 41 IP   flag post

Post 42 IP   flag post

Post 43 IP   flag post

Post 44 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator Congrats!! Love your books!!

Out of curiosity...why the fist 38 appearances? Seems like an arbitrary number.

EDIT: Probably because it ends with SS18.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Collector Retired_11B private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator I applaud you for your dedication to it and hope you can either expand it or start a new one.
Post 46 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator Congrats! Great collection of books. That SS#4 is especially beautiful.
Post 47 IP   flag post
@GAC - You hit it on the head. 1st appearances through the end of SS Volume 1.

@Retired_11B - Thanks. I do have the 1 Shot (That was my 1st Silver Surfer comic after Fantasy Masterpieces) and the 2nd Series, but there are a few issues I want to replace before posting the t. Besides that, there are a few modern like Requiem and some sporadic that I picked up because of the art.

@DWeeB1967 - Thank you. That SS4 was an upgrade and the most expensive purchase that I have ever made. I couldn't pass up Exceptional White designation and the near perfect wrap. Funny thing is, I picked up an 8.5 OW/W, then upgraded to a 9.4 OW, and finally upgraded again to the 9.4 EW all within about a two month period.
Post 48 IP   flag post
@Scifinator The wrap is what blew me away. It's rare to see that book with a near perfect wrap.

Just a really nice book.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Looks like the early favorite is Silver Surfer 4

Truth be told, my choices are:

***1st place - Silver Surfer 4
**2nd place - Fantastic Four 50
*3rd place - Silver Surfer 1
Post 50 IP   flag post
615412 50 25
This topic is archived. Start new topic?