Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature VSPComics Magazines

Superman vrs Spider-Man treasury edition signed19673

Collector Zevgoli private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,

I have this book from the seventies signed by Stan Lee and Neal Adams. Does CBCS have an option to slab this book as well as verifying the signatures? Thanks for your help.

Cheers, Zevgoli
Post 1 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Definitely not slabbed, but I think you can get it raw graded. Someone should be able to confirm that.

https://www.cbcscomics.com/rawgrade

Edit

Comic Books, Magazines, and Treasury edition books can all be graded under the Raw Grade service
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector grapeape private msg quote post Address this user
It's a great treasury.
Post 3 IP   flag post
My main concern is getting the signatures verified. Can this be done via raw grading since I gather the book is too large to slab?
Post 4 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevgoli
Hi,

I have this book from the seventies signed by Stan Lee and Neal Adams. Does CBCS have an option to slab this book as well as verifying the signatures? Thanks for your help.

Cheers, Zevgoli

They won't slab it, but they can raw grade it. Meaning give it a grade and put it in a bag with a sticker. A slab that size would be very flimsy and not up to the quality they demand. Plus the low demand wouldn't make it worth it.

As for sig verification, I assume they could but I don't know if that's just another sticker, or what.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
Beckett authentication will take care of signatures. Grading slab no. Raw grading might not fly after beckett authentication. My suggestion call beckett explain the situation and explore options if any.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
NO - Treasury sized books cannot be slabbed
YES - Treasury size books can be raw graded. (Mylar bag, archival backing board and security seals.
YES - Raw graded books can have signatures verified.

I'm 100% certain of all the above, as I have a Treasury at CBCS for raw grading and signature verification and have an email about it.

I also had no idea Neal Adams worked on this book. Had to look that up. Kind of hard to fathom Neal doing uncredited work....
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
The other big question - can treasuries be pressed?
Post 8 IP   flag post
I must admit it does need a pressing.

Cheers, Zevgoli
Post 9 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, treasuries can be pressed.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Thanks to a very helpful Cynthia V at customer service I’m submitting the book to CBCS for a raw grade and signature verification of Stan Lee and Neal Adams. I’m also getting the book pressed thanks to Steve’s acknowledgment that it can be pressed. I will post the result when I get the book back.

Cheers, Zevgoli
Post 11 IP   flag post
619266 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?