Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Magazines

Captain Britain # 119635

Collector Gaz973 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
It has always been my understanding that loose objects weren't encapsulated with the book. It was said they could move around inside the case and potentially damage the book.

Do you know who is in charge of CBCS magazine grading that we can tag in this thread to confirm their policy re the Cap Britain mask?
Post 26 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
If a book is missing an insert that was supposed to be attached to it, the grade would top out at 7.0.

If an item can not be safely encapsulated with the book, it is returned to the customer and it is considered "missing." If it can be safely encapsulated with the book, it would just be considered "detached" and the hit to the grade would be less significant than one missing the insert.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
If a book is missing an insert that was supposed to be attached to it, the grade would top out at 7.0.

If an item can not be safely encapsulated with the book, it is returned to the customer and it is considered "missing." If it can be safely encapsulated with the book, it would just be considered "detached" and the hit to the grade would be less significant than one missing the insert.
@SteveRicketts thanks for the reply. Can you confirm the situation specifically regarding Captain Britain # 1 please? The free gift was never attached to the book when produced so would it get encased with the book when it is slabbed? CGC slab the books complete with the unattached mask and label the book incomplete if the mask is missing, does CBCS use the same policy?
Post 28 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I would send it in, Garry. I sincerely doubt that CBCS would deviate from how the cgc grades it. It seems that it will get a grade hit if it isn't present.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I would send it in, Garry. I sincerely doubt that CBCS would deviate from how the cgc grades it. It seems that it will get a grade hit if it isn't present.

That’s what I was thinking Jim, I find it hard to believe that CBCS would handle these books different to CGC. πŸ‘πŸ»
Post 30 IP   flag post

I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Remains pretty darn crystal clear to me.

πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ
Post 31 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz973
@SteveRicketts thanks for the reply. Can you confirm the situation specifically regarding Captain Britain # 1 please? The free gift was never attached to the book when produced so would it get encased with the book when it is slabbed? CGC slab the books complete with the unattached mask and label the book incomplete if the mask is missing, does CBCS use the same policy?

If a bonus giveaway can be safely encapsulated with the book we will do so. If not, the givaway is returned to the customer and the book is labeled as the item is missing because it is not present inside the slab with the book. By all means send the mask with the book. If it's not there you'll automatically get the second option.

We are not CGC and do not adhere to their policies or practices. Especially the ones that don't make sense.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz973

If a bonus giveaway can be safely encapsulated with the book we will do so. If not, the givaway is returned to the customer and the book is labeled as the item is missing because it is not present inside the slab with the book. By all means send the mask with the book. If it's not there you'll automatically get the second option.

We are not CGC and do not adhere to their policies or practices. Especially the ones that don't make sense.

Thank you for the reply. πŸ‘πŸ»
Post 33 IP   flag post
611410 33 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?