Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

OT: Be$t Grading Company for Sports Cards19616

You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, everyone.

My brother has a bunch of sports cards from the 70s and 80s and is considering getting his key cards graded so that he can put them up for sale.

For any of you who might dabble in the buying and selling of cards, is there one card grading company that buyers, in general, seem to be willing to pay more for? That is, for cards graded by that company.

Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
PSA for 70's cards
SGC for the pre WW2 cards
Post 2 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
There’s always Beckett.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Belarak private msg quote post Address this user
Personally I would use Beckett. PSA is the CGC of sports cards. They've been around the longest and most graded cards are by them. The only thing I use PSA for is Pokemon and some vintage cards.

With the higher graded cards Beckett has a price advantage. PSA doesn't have a 9.5 so all PSA equivalent 9.5's are 10's. Beckett has a 9.5 and a 10. Most people consider a Beckett 10 far superior to PSA's 10 because they have a more stringent grading. Beckett was also the first to offer subgrades. They will place grades for corners, surface, centering and edges on the card. You pay a little more but I like having the subgrades.

Price wise they're close.

Beckett has a Collector's Special that is $18.00 w/subgrades $16.00 without. 10 card minimum. Max value $400.00. TAT is 60+ business days.

PSA has a Collector's Club Exclusive price of TCG Bulk $15.00 20 card minimum max value $199.00. Collectors Club Exclusive Value Bulk $19.00 20 card minimum max value $499.00. TAT 65 business days. Collectors Club membership is $99.00 with $120.00 card credit.
Post 4 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks, everyone. I'll let him see this so that he can decide which way he wants to go.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Any suggestions on a good forum for baseball card collectors?
Post 6 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/baseballcards/

But I don't know from personal experience and I'm not a big fan of reddit.
Post 7 IP   flag post
601352 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?