Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedSignatures

Rhode Island Comic Con Submissions1961

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Back in November, a few of us attended the Rhode Island Comic Con and submitted books for grading. Well the wait is over. Anyone that submitted books to CBCS during that convention, show them off here.
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
I think my head is going to explode if I dont see mine soon, my patience has left me and I fear I'm beginning to turn green!
Post 2 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I went a little signature crazy at this event and brought a bunch of comics to be signed. I collected around 15 signatures and submitted 10 books for grading. The first two were signed by Stan Lee and I posted them a few weeks back. I got the other 8 books back today.

I actually didn't bring anything for Graham Nolan to sign, so I picked this up from a dealer a few minutes before I got this signature.

Post 3 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer - any day now.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Always loved that batman cover, 665 was amazing as well. Really the whole knightfall was great come to think of it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I think that Zeck and Beatty make a good team. Here are two Secret Wars books that I thought would look better with some ink on them.

Post 6 IP   flag post
I got rid of a bunch of my Caps (hope you are treating them well in MN, Jesse), but still have a few left. This is my first checkmark book too.

Post 7 IP   flag post
And I just had to have them sign these.

Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Sirtoddington private msg quote post Address this user

I've actually had these for a while now, but signed by Negan himself, Jeffery Dean Morgan.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Sirtoddington - Very nice! Old label, but you get signed at Rhode Island Comic Con on the labels.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
And I just had to have them sign these.

Nice, and two of them! Im waiting on a red label myself, but I think its a 8.0 at best.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Sirtoddington - Very nice! Old label, but you get signed at Rhode Island Comic Con on the labels.

what do you mean?
Post 12 IP   flag post
When I heard that 90-year old Joe Sinnott was going to be there, I knew I had to get his signature on a book. I read somewhere that he liked to draw the Thing, so I got him to sign a SA FF with him on the cover.

Post 13 IP   flag post
I got one back a while ago from the higher tier. Old label as well. Sorry for the shitty pic 😁
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtoddington
Quote:

what do you mean?

The new labels only say "Witnessed Sigs: Mike Zeck & John Beatty on 11/13/2016." Your labels say where the books were signed.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtoddington
Quote:

what do you mean?

The new labels only say "Witnessed Sigs: Mike Zeck & John Beatty on 11/13/2016." Your labels say where the books were signed.

Crap. I never noticed that the new labels got rid of the event the books were signed at. I only have 1 book so far with the new label & never noticed. this kind of bums me out. The signing location was one of my favorite things about what made CBCS different from CGC. :/
Post 16 IP   flag post
@Sirtoddington - I was looking forward to seeing signed by Stan Lee on 11/13/2016 at Rhode Island Comic Con on the books I had him sign. Supposedly it was too time consuming to type the locations out and a major headache to be consistent with all the abbreviations and misspellings. Maybe we can Google the date and see if it can tell us what convention was that weekend.
Post 17 IP   flag post
@esaravo I keep a good track of the cons my comics were signed at. I was so used to CGC that I wanted to make sure I had a record of the cons they were signed at. & funny you mentioned misspellings. the newest book I got back with the new label was a book I had sketched/ signed at NYCC by Erik Larson on a Spawn blank & the label had 2 different spellings of his name even though it was printed large on the book front. lol. & i also have couple books that were Megaton exclusives but were held for a future signing at Fan Expo, they came back they had listed as FanExpo exclusives. lol.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector XIrishX private msg quote post Address this user
Haven't gotten my book from RICC yet. That's interesting about not having where they were signed and when. My Hulk 181 signed by Herb Trimpe shows that it was done at his final show and signed the day before he sadly passed away.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Johnnylray private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo I had a fast passed at RICC my AF-15 that I posted a month back. Should I repost it here?
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnylray
@esaravo I had a fast passed at RICC my AF-15 that I posted a month back. Should I repost it here?

Sure, who could ever not get excited to see any AF 15 Ray?
Post 21 IP   flag post
Ok..I went to RI Comic con back in November and brought with me this book I purchased about 20 years ago.( I did NOT want to mail it) ..Thought it was a good investment ;-) Happy with the express turn around and grade.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Deadpoolica private msg quote post Address this user

The 3 I submitted at RICC
Post 23 IP   flag post
No idea when the pressing invoice will start to move but Ive got 3 others in QC now 🤗
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone have an insider track/rumors on who might be at this year's RICC?
Post 25 IP   flag post
@Drogio I think it's too far off yet. I think maybe mid summer will be when they start really announcing the guests??
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Scifry private msg quote post Address this user
Haven't got my Captain American signed by Zeck & Beatty back yet hopefully soon.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Got my 1st box back from the RICC submissions. I still have another box I am guessing is 2 weeks out. These were RAW, NOT pressed .Off the shelf books.

Avenging spidey: spine stress & wear breaks color
light bends & indents to cover 9.4

Moon knight 9.6 : small spine stress & wear breaks color
deep tiny indent interior front cover, noticable on cover, does not break color

Defenders 2: BUMMED out about this book. thought it was MUCH higher..I didn't see the stain!! spine stress & wear barely breaks color
thin bends bottom edge. long stain through spine

Secret wars : spine stress & wear breaks color
indent front cover near spine breaks color 9.2..

Post 28 IP   flag post
One last one- EXCITED to see this on a RAW book!!

Dr. Strange: 9.8 :
tiny spine stress & wear breaks color

Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnylray
One last one- EXCITED to see this on a RAW book!!

Dr. Strange: 9.8 :
tiny spine stress & wear breaks color

I submitted the same book at RICC! I fear you have me beat though, no way mine breaks 9.0 😁

Congrats!!
Post 30 IP   flag post
598060 63 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?