Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1619608

Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Loved their work on Aquaman.
Post 176 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Lack of discipline? The guy only sat at the drawing board for 14+ hours a day for decades on end....producing several pages per day....a herculean feat then and now. If anybody was disciplined and dedicated it was Jack.
Post 177 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Nick Cardy is *SO SO SO* underrated.

Agreed. I've been noticing Nick Cardy a lot as I focus on artistically impressive covers at low prices.
Post 178 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmccoy74
Art is subjective. That's a great take. I'm definitely in the minority here but I'm not crazy about Jack Kirby. I know he's on the top of alot of people's lists as GOAT. I can't consider you the best when you can't draw half of the human population. I like Cardy and Adams much more.

Nick Cardy is *SO SO SO* underrated.

I need to pick up Witching Hour #5 and his Spectre covers one of these days.
Post 179 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders @EbayMafia Check out his Teen Titans covers. That's all I'm gonna say. šŸ™‚
Post 180 IP   flag post

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
It was a trap!

Post 181 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
@James42 Is that the same thing as stagnated?

Pretty much. If you look at his art from the early post-war period until his incredible surge of output at Marvel in the 1960s, there's a progression. His style becomes more and more distinct, until it reaches a mature form (I put this somewhere in the middle of his FF run).

And then it never changed again. Which is a shame. I can't stand JRJR's current style, but you can't say he never tries new things. Kirby quit experimenting with style at some point, and I think it lessens the value of those later works from a visual standpoint. His plots and characters didn't stagnate, so maybe he was putting the creative energy into that side of his work instead.
Post 182 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Got these in today. Some are for my personal collection and some are to re-sell.

Post 183 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I was unfortunately unable to attend our semi-annual Con last weekend. But my friends just so happen to be awesome. So, they helped me out & got the 3 voice cast members of ā€œFuturamaā€ who were in attendance to sign my ā€˜Futuramaā€™ #1.

Just got it back this afternoon.

I hope to add Katey Sagal & John DiMaggio in the future, before getting the book verified & graded.

Post 184 IP   flag post
@Hcanes this one is your fault:

I bought it because it was signed and cheap. Supposed to come with MCS Certificate of Authenticity, but looks like I will need to follow up and see if I can still get that from them.
Post 185 IP   flag post
Not the best Dr. Doom cover...but it's yellow! And pretty affordable:

Post 186 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
@Hcanes this one is your fault:

I bought it because it was signed and cheap. Supposed to come with MCS Certificate of Authenticity, but looks like I will need to follow up and see if I can still get that from them.

@EbayMafia glad I was a bad influence.

The signature looks legit. I have quite a few of my issues signed by Fiffe. All his subscription orders come signed. The ones that werenā€™t signed were the Image run and the copies I picked up at a local shop here in NYC that Iā€™m blanking on at the moment
Post 187 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmccoy74
Art is subjective. That's a great take. I'm definitely in the minority here but I'm not crazy about Jack Kirby. I know he's on the top of alot of people's lists as GOAT. I can't consider you the best when you can't draw half of the human population. I like Cardy and Adams much more.

I like Kirby quite a bit, but you're right in pointing out his shortcomings. Like most artists, he had them. For example, I've always thought Frank Miller was a mediocre artist who nonetheless had a true gift for dynamic composition.

If you want massive machines of indeterminant purpose and god-like clashes of action, Kirby's your man. If you're looking for subtlety, look elsewhere. If you want someone who excelled at capturing the (stylized) human form, be it male or female, who was able to infuse a character with emotion and was a contemporary of Kirby, Will Eisner is pretty damn hard to beat.
Post 188 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
When to torpedo con and picked up a few books. Pretty decent copy of yellow claw 1 and showcase 60, 1st sa Spector. The X-men 266 9.8 newstand was a 35$ pickup awhile ago and recently had it graded and picked up the 9.6 newstand because I think there's a chance of a press and grade bump. My brother bought a storage locker and found some trashed books in there, the asm41 was the only book worth saving

Post 189 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user

Post 190 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I got this box set during Amazon Prime Days last week. I'm looking forward to rereading it. I have no idea what happened to my original ones.

Post 191 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I got this box set during Amazon Prime Days last week. I'm looking forward to rereading it. I have no idea what happened to my original ones.

This set is still really nicely priced on Amazon. I just picked one up for myself. Thanks for mentioning it, @Jesse_O.
Post 192 IP   flag post
Compliments of @BrianGreensnips sales thread.

Post 193 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O

This set is still really nicely priced on Amazon. I just picked one up for myself. Thanks for mentioning it, @Jesse_O.
Thanks fellers, just got the paperback set.
Post 194 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Got this for half FMV, couldn't pass it up.

Post 195 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Picked this book up today, I just can't say no to high grade bronze books that have never been read for $30
Post 196 IP   flag post
Collector Cerebus3000 private msg quote post Address this user

Bought the Sandman maybe 20 years ago for probably about $20. Grendel and the Tick were in a small collection I bought around the same time. The Black Hole comic had been in a long box for ages before I realized it was somewhat rare. Happy to have them back.
Post 197 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 198 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAmistoso

No stereotypes were harmed in the making of this video
Post 199 IP   flag post
Iā€™m shaking my head. A sweet book was ruined by a lame song and vid.
Post 200 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
#getripped
Post 201 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Three good deals from the ComicLink Exchange.

Post 202 IP   flag post

Post 203 IP   flag post
I'm sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
I have shifted the focus of my collection to foreign issues. Here are my most recent:

Post 204 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
This is my 4th copy. I have a problem

And picked up some more high grade never read distributor bought bronze.

I just love these books. The DC Ghosts I posted previously come from this collection.

The Demon 1 I think is a nice 9.4.
Picked out of 20 books.

The Demon 2 looks like a 9.6
The Demon 3 looks like a 9.2
All before a press.
Post 205 IP   flag post
619266 999 30