Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1619608

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Same friend, different book.

Post 126 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 127 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
I am not a big "bonze age" guy, but I did end up caving on the idea of me buying a graded facsimile (of a comic that I used to own raw).

Post 128 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Behold, a fine example of wall art! Compliments of @SidTheSquid’s sale.

Post 129 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 130 IP   flag post

There was another sale on.

Post 131 IP   flag post
Bespin security guard resembles Cheech.
Post 132 IP   flag post
If I remember right, there was a black one and a white one. I guess JTC kind of met in the middle.

Nope, I'm wrong. There are two, issues 33 and 48.
Post 133 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
A rare eBay purchase for me.

I conducted a trade with @esaravo recently. Always a pleasure!

Post 134 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Here are the raw comics that I received from @Studley_Dudley as part of the above-mentioned trade. I will post scans of the slabs later if I can fire up the tubes in my ancient HP large-format scanner (I also use an old laptop and set the date back a few years so that I can get Flash Player to function). Thanks, Mike.

It looks like I only need about another dozen issues to complete my ASM #18-400+ run. The big one that I still don’t have is 129, so if anyone has a copy they would be willing to trade (or do a cash and trade deal) please let me know.
Post 135 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo @Studley_Dudley Great trades guys!!

Ed, if you know off hand the remaining Spidey books you need, please let me know. I know ASM129....what else?
Post 136 IP   flag post
Collector Retired_11B private msg quote post Address this user
Just a few that came in my shipments from whatnot. There were more, but these are some of the ones that I liked best.

Post 137 IP   flag post
Well, my wife is awesome. Awhile back, she ask me what I wanted for my birthday and I told her the signed Neal Adams Batman 227 at my LCS. Here is what she gave me today...

Post 138 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Okay, I managed to get the beast up and running (if anyone else has an HP Scanjet 8300 and is able to get your's to work without Flash Player, please let me know how you do it, thanks). So here are the slabs that I received from Mike:

PS - These types of trades take tremendous amounts of time, effort, communication, and commitment from both parties. They do not just happen quickly and easily. Thanks again Mike!

PSS - Around Christmas time two or three years ago, I had two deals fall apart, one right after the other, for a graded copy of Avengers 57. Now I finally have a copy. And the Batman 227 replaces the copy that I traded away to another great forum member (Mark Y.) a few years ago.
Post 139 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo

Have you tried a generic software from hp?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-universal-scan-software/2101620481/swItemId/cs-303848-2
Post 140 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

PS - These types of trades take tremendous amounts of time, effort, communication, and commitment from both parties. They do not just happen quickly and easily. Thanks again Mike!

This is so true!! Good on both of you for getting a deal done! 🍻
Post 141 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

PSS - Around Christmas time two or three years ago, I had two deals fall apart, one right after the other, for a graded copy of Avengers 57. Now I finally have a copy. And the Batman 227 replaces the copy that I traded away to another great forum member (Mark Y.) a few years ago.

I'll agree to that. This one took some time mostly for the slabs to get back from CBCS but we'd been communicating for several months about what each of us were looking for. Ed and I have done quite a few trades over the years, and I will attest to him being a stand-up guy and his communication is top notch. So, someone really needs to help him out with that ASM 129. Thanks, Ed and enjoy!
Post 142 IP   flag post
Those are all very awesome books and a stunning trade. If I do say so myself, The Punisher 9.8 newsstand boggles my mind. In a good way of course. Congrats guys.
Post 143 IP   flag post

May 72 copy I needed

Post 144 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Those are all very awesome books and a stunning trade. If I do say so myself, The Punisher 9.8 newsstand boggles my mind. In a good way of course. Congrats guys.

Would it boggle your mind even more Brian, if I told you I bought both the Batman and the Punisher books new and didn’t have either book pressed before slabbing?
Post 145 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley @esaravo Echoing what's been said already... nice job, guys.
Post 146 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
ordered a copy of TMNT: The Last Ronin hardcover off amazon
Post 147 IP   flag post
Collector El_Dub13 private msg quote post Address this user
My Goblin Collectibles holofoil subscription variant. Not many copies of this cover. 🙂

Post 148 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
I was going to take a break from buying. But they were so pretty.

Post 149 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo @Studley_Dudley That is pretty impressive to be able to make a trade of that magnitude.
Post 150 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 151 IP   flag post
Collector Dalkiel private msg quote post Address this user
@Retired_11B Cool cover. Cool wife!!!!
Post 152 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalkiel
@Retired_11B Cool cover. Cool wife!!!!

Thanks I appreciate it. And her, lol.
Post 153 IP   flag post

Post 154 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte I've got one of those. Welcome to the Steranko First Pro Work club!
Post 155 IP   flag post
619266 999 30