Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1619608

Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

FILE COPY

FILE COPY

FILE COPY and I LOVE the colors on this book!!!

Post 101 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 102 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Got these in today via @HeinzDad! Easy to deal with, super guy! Been looking for the Shazam 1 for quite a long while. The Spider-Gwen was a deal I couldn’t pass up.

AND, got some cool freebies.

Post 103 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 104 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I find that when I’m actively not looking to buy, things I’ve wanted for a while just show up.

Post 105 IP   flag post

I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
From @HeinzDad's recent sale. I'm going to need to get some more shelves to display these. Also, thanks for the extras.

Post 106 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 107 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross beautiful copies of Ghosts! So hard to find the earlier issues in such a sexy condition!
Post 108 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
@southerncross beautiful copies of Ghosts! So hard to find the earlier issues in such a sexy condition!
thanks, the only reason they look like these is because they never hit a news stand and were never read. Just put in a box with other books for 50 years. Though I will be reading them soon 👍

I do like the electric blue cover of issue 13.
Post 109 IP   flag post

Post 110 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user

Couple from HeinzDad's sale, and some surprise extras.
Post 111 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
There was a sale on:

Post 112 IP   flag post
I just got a late Father’s Day gift because it took so long to make.

Post 113 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad

That is pretty damn cool if it was handmade by your daughter.....
Post 114 IP   flag post
It was. It’s also the largest thing she has crocheted so far. I once said knitted to her and I was informed the difference between knitting and crocheting.
Post 115 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
Not as cool as what @HeinzDad has gotten, but cool enough for me to show you guys!

This one I got for a great price. I originally thought the low price was due to the uptick in sales for the facsimile print variants, but now I think it may also have to do with the fact it needs a new case. Which is fine since I might send it off to CGC, or just cross-grade it with CBCS.

When it comes to Logan's run (no pun intended), this is my top favorite. And a top reason why Larry Hama is my #1 favorite writer.
Post 116 IP   flag post

Post 117 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

back from cgc, the superboy is a double cover. Only had a couple pegged but for the most part the came back under what I anticipated, especially the avengers 85. Showed these to a couple of collectors and they were scratching their heads on some of the grades as well
Post 118 IP   flag post
Collector El_Dub13 private msg quote post Address this user
Some new stuff from the last month.
Lady Death Phoenix Fan Fusion exclusives

Goblin Collectibles subscription variant
Poison Ivy variant of Professor Garlick

Not a lot of foil copies 🙂

Post 119 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
Just a +1 while I focus on my Wolverine run.

Post 120 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user

Post 121 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia Nice copy! That one's hard to find in nice shape.
Post 122 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@DWeeB1967 thanks, I picked it up on MCS. Weird War Tales is my new collection pursuit. Very affordable series combining war and horror with some pretty good cover art for the most part. At the moment I only have #1 (not yet received) and #8, a Neal Adams cover.
Post 123 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
A pair of early Image Ashcans

Post 124 IP   flag post
A copy of this book has been on my mind for a long time. A friend of mine recently put one up for sale. His youngest son is starting college in the fall. I don't think to the two events are related, but I consider my purchase a contribution to his first semester at university.

Post 125 IP   flag post
Same friend, different book.

Post 126 IP   flag post

Post 127 IP   flag post
I am not a big "bonze age" guy, but I did end up caving on the idea of me buying a graded facsimile (of a comic that I used to own raw).

Post 128 IP   flag post
Behold, a fine example of wall art! Compliments of @SidTheSquid’s sale.

Post 129 IP   flag post

Post 130 IP   flag post
619266 999 30