Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1619608

Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Thought this was humorously inappropriate, or at least enough to have some collecting value as a snapshot of a different era.

Post 76 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

picked up the savage tales well under fmv. Shipped the other books to get reholdered a couple of Kirby and a couple of Stan sigs. The X-men 130 is a heartbreaker, the facilitator for the Claremont signing had him sign the cover, I had specifically told them 1st page with Byrne and Austin. Ugh, his defilement of a beautiful cover is horrible.
Post 77 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Please allow me to vent about the trade I made today. The verbal agreement was me receiving a 6.0 copy of this book. He walked in with the graded copy and a raw copy today,(I got burned on purchasing the raw copy from the same guy). In his ideal world he would have both graded to choose the lowest copy to trade me, both have which would have gone thru my lab. My advice on the raw copy was expected as well. Guy made me an offer of cash and the raw copy. It wasn't really what I was hoping for but I accepted with spite as my only motive. I have to pull a 6.5 out of this to piss him the hell off as he stated he would be. Good luck to me.......

Post 78 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Good luck. But I'd say stop dealing with the a@@hole if you can help it. Stress isn't worth it
Post 79 IP   flag post
Burning him will be worth it. He's finally backed off with me having the last move.
Post 80 IP   flag post

I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

I posted the Nick Fury #4 here a few weeks ago, but it looks great next to the #2 I got from @esaravo a couple years ago. I'll have to read the grader's notes on the #4, it looks far better than a 7.0.

Post 81 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Been looking for an affordable copy of this book for about 3 years. Prices were so outrageous that I finally gave up on owning one, then the bottom fell out on the sky-high comic book prices, and this one came along. Glad to finally have it in my personal collection at an affordable price.

Post 82 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 83 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
I shouldn't have, but I did.

Post 84 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Latest trade of Copra

Post 85 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
I am so glad that I remembered this was a thing. Part of my Phoenix Force sub-focus, with me not wanting to buy a facsimile variant.

Post 86 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

I'm going to take proper pics of these very very sweet books that have never been read đź‘Ť

These books are from the same collection where I posted in the thread Show something cool. Where there are 7 copies of Green Lantern 87 and 6 copies of Strange Tales 169. All unread and bought off a distributor at the time of publication. There's a reported 100 copies of New Gods 1, I'd love to see that if they ever emerge
Post 87 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
Latest trade of Copra

I find COPRA....intriguing. From the little bit I've seen, a fairly simplistic but very creative artist doing a lot with a little. Reminds me of Bob Burden's Flaming Carrot or Stan Sakai's Usagi Yojimbo in that regard. Definitely has a classic indie/underground feel to it. Most of the covers are fairly eye-catching. Kind of wish I had picked it up when copies were easier to come by.
https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=30212060

1st printing. Story and Art by Michael Fiffe. COPRA #1 is the debut of a new comic book series written & drawn by Michel Fiffe. Lets see, how to best describe what Copra actually is… Well, for starters, its the unholy marriage between Fiffe's Zegas style and his love letter to Suicide Squad, Deathzone! Check out some sample pages here. First released at the 2012 Brooklyn Comics and Graphics Festival. Featuring a huge cast of all-new characters, COPRA is a 24 page comic in full color printed on cougar opaque stock & limited to 400 numbered copies. Cover price $5.00.
Post 88 IP   flag post
Collector Retired_11B private msg quote post Address this user
If you are ever in Las Vegas, you should find your way to Torpedo Comics. I stopped before I went to the airport and found a nice book with a Frank Miller signature. Got a great deal on it, and they also offered a military discount as well.

Post 89 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
Latest trade of Copra

I find COPRA....intriguing. From the little bit I've seen, a fairly simplistic but very creative artist doing a lot with a little. Reminds me of Bob Burden's Flaming Carrot or Stan Sakai's Usagi Yojimbo in that regard. Definitely has a classic indie/underground feel to it. Most of the covers are fairly eye-catching. Kind of wish I had picked it up when copies were easier to come by.
https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=30212060

1st printing. Story and Art by Michael Fiffe. COPRA #1 is the debut of a new comic book series written & drawn by Michel Fiffe. Lets see, how to best describe what Copra actually is… Well, for starters, its the unholy marriage between Fiffe's Zegas style and his love letter to Suicide Squad, Deathzone! Check out some sample pages here. First released at the 2012 Brooklyn Comics and Graphics Festival. Featuring a huge cast of all-new characters, COPRA is a 24 page comic in full color printed on cougar opaque stock & limited to 400 numbered copies. Cover price $5.00.

@EbayMafia agreed. Michel’s passion for the medium is expressed in his work. His early issues he used as an experiment on different Legend’s way of storytelling.

The early copies have gotten pretty expensive which is why I’ve purchased all the trades. The early issues were 400-500 print runs I believe.

CBR had a recent article on Fiffe and Copra

CBR article
Post 90 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
These two were on the front porch when I got home.

Post 91 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson Lucky porch.
Post 92 IP   flag post
Collector Retired_11B private msg quote post Address this user
Just arrived in the mail from Whatnot

Post 93 IP   flag post
Collector IowaDad81 private msg quote post Address this user
On the other side of town, there's this indoor flea market type place - a big warehouse, with booths that are rented by vendors, but 1 main checkout stand, so the vendors aren't actually there all the time, the price tags have booth numbers on them. A few of the booths have comic books as either a main focus or part of the things for sale. I go out every few weeks to see what catches my attention. These were my pickups today.

Post 94 IP   flag post
I award you no points! stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user
Summer Con:

Post 95 IP   flag post
I award you no points! stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 96 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
My first new acquisition in a while. Bugs Bunny sets are becoming increasingly harder to come by. I love the carrot orange hardcovers on this volume, and the rounded spine style binding works so much better for Dell Giants than the more common “floating spine” style.

Post 97 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

Picked this up along with the af15, such an awesome cover
Post 98 IP   flag post

Post 99 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
And it looks like I'm also doing a Wolverine sub-focus as well, bub.

Long story short... Tom Taylor's "All-New" run was my favorite since the the Wolverine (volume 2) days. With issue #19 from the second series being the first X-Men related title I have ever bought. Which has me getting this feel like an upgrade from the CBCS 9.8 standard variant I bought years ago.

Post 100 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

FILE COPY

FILE COPY

FILE COPY and I LOVE the colors on this book!!!

Post 101 IP   flag post

Post 102 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Got these in today via @HeinzDad! Easy to deal with, super guy! Been looking for the Shazam 1 for quite a long while. The Spider-Gwen was a deal I couldn’t pass up.

AND, got some cool freebies.

Post 103 IP   flag post

Post 104 IP   flag post
I find that when I’m actively not looking to buy, things I’ve wanted for a while just show up.

Post 105 IP   flag post
619265 999 30