Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1619608

Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers
@00slim Never before noticed just how enormous Spidey's foot is on this cover. Shaquille O'Neal is dainty by comparison. And what's up with his heel?

Not an easy book to get a 9.8 in, though. Those extra-thick Spideys from the '90s almost always have bindery tears on the spine.

that's why a much younger (and stupider) me would buy two of the foil books off the shelf back in the day - one to read and one to keep NM/M! - they got me when I was young with foil covers etc....no more!! I will not fall for the variant trap!
Post 926 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Thrilled to add this one:

Post 927 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Davethebrave - Sweet book! Congratulations.

Post 928 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Davethebrave - Sweet book! Congratulations.

Thanks, Ed!
Post 929 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks everyone for your help!!!!! If anyone wants to spend anymore of my money for me turn up a Jaime Delano signed Hellblazer!

Post 930 IP   flag post

I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this in, Defenders in their first issue of self titles series.

Post 931 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
From the Rosa Lam Collection

Post 932 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 933 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
Went a little out of budget this week.

Wednesday, I visited one LCS where I have a pull box, and found they had put a couple books from a new collection aside for me. Since I only get to this shop once a month at best, my box was full too.

Then today, I hit my weekly LCS to empty that pull box. Only one book there, but every other Thursday is "Thirsty Thursday," and they crack open a dozen long boxes of back issues from the back room for us to paw through. I only picked up a couple $4 books last time. This time I found a lot more.

Post 934 IP   flag post
How do I know this? Because I've done it myself. lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Got these from @starlord for a super fair price plus he included this awesome Joker piece! Really awesome, thanks so much!

Post 935 IP   flag post
How do I know this? Because I've done it myself. lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up some random books recently:

Post 936 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 937 IP   flag post
Happy to add this gorgeous copy of a book I’ve been looking to add for several years:

Post 938 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
$35 deal.

Post 939 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
This process took about a year. From ordering the books online from Japan, to waiting for the voice actors to appear at a con that a witness was going to, to finally getting them back from CGC….

From the Japanese manga series, Jujutsu Kaisen #.5

Signed by Adam McArthur who voiced Itadori,
Signed by Kaiji Tang who voiced Gojo,
Signed by Anne Yatco who voiced Nobara.

It’s smaller than a regular comic because it’s manga.

I have a total of 4 books. The other 3 got 9.6s. Something interesting that I found out. These books have a dust jacket, and CGC grades the book AND dust jacket. (You can see the sub grade on the label). I did not know that…
Hope you like! I’m happy with the final results. 😁

Post 940 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user

Post 941 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Happy to add this gorgeous copy of a book I’ve been looking to add for several years:

Awesome! Congratulations. This book has been on my list for years. My collection is sorely lacking in vintage DC books.
Post 942 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave

Awesome! Congratulations. This book has been on my list for years. My collection is sorely lacking in vintage DC books.

Thanks! I’ve been actively bidding on copies of this book since 2020… was always the bridesmaid…

I lucked out with this one. It stood out vs other higher (in some cases much higher) graded copies based on scans… but you can never know from photos alone exactly what you’ll get. Once in-hand it exceeded my already high expectations with great color depth.

I’ll be surprised if I add any more big books this year…
Post 943 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I'm waiting on one more. Hopefully tomorrow.

Post 944 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
New books from #1 son should be arriving in a couple days. Thanks kid!

Post 945 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Appreciated @drchaos and MCS!!!

Post 946 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAmistoso

Jungle drums and big cats! Yeah buddy!!!
Post 947 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Standby @GAC, you may see this one again soon...
Post 948 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@figment Wanna trade kids?
Post 949 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Woke up this morning to an MCS notice that there was an opportunity to join @batman66 in the exclusive 1-of-1,000 club. Club initiation fees are still not unreasonable. This book is going to take off when Flaming Carrot joins the MCU!

Post 950 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAmistoso
Appreciated @drchaos and MCS!!!

That book is going to explode when Rulah and JoJo join the MCU.
Post 951 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Woke up this morning to an MCS notice that there was an opportunity to join @batman66 in the exclusive 1-of-1,000 club. Club initiation fees are still not unreasonable. This book is going to take off when Flaming Carrot joins the MCU!

TO THE MOON 🚀, lol
Post 952 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
@figment Wanna trade kids?

Only sometimes.
Post 953 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Here it is, LOVE this cover!!!

Post 954 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster tough book to find in any grade really.
I picked up a pretty beat up copy for $275 last winter
Post 955 IP   flag post
615415 999 30